Flight 93 & Cleveland Ground Control

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Flight 93 & Cleveland Ground Control
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:11 pm:

There is no way to verify the authenticity of this.

I found it on http://www.thememoryhole.org
    who plucked it from http://www.AirDisaster.com

As horrifying as it is, to hear the hijackers voices as they announce to the passengers, i think its important we have access to these tapes.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 04:16 pm:

chilling

By Antigone on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

moreover, if our soldiers have any chance in a chemical warfare environment, they have to go in Jan, Feb in order not to blaze up in the desert heat in the protective suits.

war for xmas. ahhhhhhhhhhh

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:44 pm:

they are not going to wait til january.
    more likely late november.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:55 pm:

im not saying they will wait either, its just a statement i heard from a military resource.

i don't doubt they'll start air raids much sooner. im just speaking of troops, on the ground, in a hostile, desert environment facing an adversary who will use chemical weapons and the ideal time for such a movement.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 09:40 am:

HERE'S TO YOU, AMERICA

Disclaimer: The views demonstrated by this lawful protestor, who shows his feelings toward the media outside the Federal Court House in Buffalo, New York September 18, 2002, where he sat to show his support for the six local suspected al-Qaida supporters who appeared inside the court, September 18, 2002, do not necessarily reflect the views of this poster.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 10:40 am:

By semillama on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:35 am:

There's no way the US is going to come out of this one clean. Unless, of course, we fess up to being utter morons in teh 80s when we were supporting Saddam. Then we could say we are cleaning up after our mistakes. That might look alright. OF course, we couldn't stop there. We'd have to go and take out all the other puppet dictators we prop up as well.

Like that Blair guy.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:49 am:

By J on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:53 am:

I saw that picture and the story on yahoo yesterday and I thought this is America and he has that right and then I thought I hope the F.B.I. noticed him and do whatever it is they do when they think somebody has ties to terrorist.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 11:54 am:

By patrick on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

heh. was here that i read the idea of Weapons Inspectors going back in, just as Saddam has brought all of the US-made weapons we gave him in the 80s up from the basement? "See...this is all we have"

Everything they find says "Made in the USA".

Did you see John Stewarts take on Rumsfeld testifying before Congress last night? God damn that hard-ass/machine man is a proving ground for satire. You'd think his balls were made of plutonium.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:51 pm:

"WASHINGTON — Congress is likely to give President Bush carte blanche on Iraq, as lawmakers from both parties and chambers on Thursday welcomed the White House's draft resolution authorizing the executive to "use all means" against Saddam Hussein.

Senate Republican leader Trent Lott, R-Miss., said both the House and Senate might vote on the resolution as early as the first week of October, plenty of time before lawmakers go home to campaign for midterm elections.

Lott said lawmakers would review the president's proposal over the weekend, but "I'm perfectly happy with the language."

The White House's erstwhile nemesis, Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D., agreed with Lott that "there is absolutely no difference of opinion with regard to the threat that Saddam Hussein poses and the need to address that threat in a multitude of ways."

Daschle added that Democrats wanted some changes in the wording of the proposal, but were confident a broad consensus could be reached.
    The resolution the president presented to Congress would give him broad war-making authority similar to what Congress gave his father, George H.W. Bush, in 1991 before the start of the Gulf War.

As drafted, it would authorize him to use force unilaterally if he deemed necessary, without waiting for the United Nations to act.

It reads: "The president is authorized to use all means that he determines to be appropriate, including force, in order to enforce the United Nations Security Council resolutions, defend the national security interests of the United States against the threat posed by Iraq, and restore international peace and security in the region."

"It looks pretty straightforward to me," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. "It will pass overwhelmingly."

The Bush proposal also made clear that the president is intent on bringing about the downfall of Saddam, pointing out that Congress in 1998, under President Clinton, had approved a policy "to support efforts to remove from power the current Iraqi regime and promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."

It states that the Iraqi government "remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international obligations" by possessing chemical and biological weapons capability, seeking nuclear weapons, supporting terrorists and repressing its own people."
    Source:AP

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Armageddon.
    I honestly believe that if Sadam feels like he is about to be ousted, he will initiate a "Scorched Earth" response.

By semillama on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 08:26 pm:

If he still can.
    Might be sort of hard with all those bunker busters going off all around him.

Of course, using those, it might be a race to see who can scorch the most earth the fastest! Winner gets a blue ribbon.

By Antigone on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 10:08 am:

Tie a yellow ribbon 'round any remaining free standing structure.

Sing it, everyone!

By patrick on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 11:42 am:

i've written my three assmonkeys have you?

only one of my three nitwits is appears opposed to action, that is Diane Feinstein. Its odd because she is usually doing the wrong thing.

By spunky on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact