largest tree ripened fruit

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: largest tree ripened fruit
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jack on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 02:37 am:

By sarah on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 01:27 pm:

it looks similar to a breadfruit.

By J on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 02:26 pm:

That's what I thought,I had some fried once and it was kinda like french fries.

By Spider on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 02:39 pm:

Has anyone ever baked a papaya (papaya pieces)? They're said to be good with roasted meat.

I had a pomegranate yesterday. I wonder if anyone sells the juice in a bottle.

By Spider on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

I also had a persimmon yesterday. It was ripe, thank God.

Ripe persimmons = food of the gods.
    Unripe persimmons = "*pthbbbbttthptbphtht* GAAAHHHH!!"

By semillama on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 02:56 pm:

It looks like a. a. shit, it's gonna come to me.

A blood orange? a something Orange? Seems to me that my friend Rory handed me a similar fruit (smaller albeit) and said it was a (insert brain fart) Orange"

By Platypus on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 06:40 pm:

Jackfruit smells abominable.

I agree on the persimmon issue, Sarah. The neighbors have a persimmon tree and off the branch, perfectly ripe, it's like heaven in a fruit. Otherwise, ugh. Unfortunately, the storm blew down the nicest ones and all that's left are the icky unripe ones.

Chestnut season!

By patrick on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

By Magnolia Lief on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 09:36 pm:

Hello Spider, are you referring to Grenadine?
    "Homemade Grenadine
    Grenadine is a sweet syrup made from pomegranates. You probably know it best in kiddie drinks such as Shirley Temples and Roy Rogers, but it is also used in many other cocktails as well as food recipes. This version will not have that bright red color because it does not contain coloring agents, but you can add red food coloring if you wish.

Take about 2-1/4 pounds of pomegranates and separate the seeds from the pulp and membranes. Cook the seeds in one pint of water. Run through a sieve or cheesecloth, pressing out the juice into a pan and removing the seeds. Measure the juice and add an equal amount of sugar. Bring to a low boil and cook gently for ten minutes. Cool and bottle.

• Pomegranate history, information, and recipes.

http://homecooking.about.com/library/weekly/aa100801a.htm
    "Ancient Romans tanned pomegranate skins and used them as leather"

By Hope is it on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 09:39 pm:

I found the jackfruit through a friend of ours recommendation for music and humor.

http://www.beagleton.com

Where is our good friend we know as Blindswine, where?

By Dougie on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 08:18 am:

Anybody tried ugli fruit? It's a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit. Really good, but they're expensive.

By sarah on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 09:08 pm:

no, but man does that sound peculiar and delicious!

By Fruitus on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:48 am:

Osage orange.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact