predictions for 2003

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: predictions for 2003
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:16 pm:

here's my prediction:

Patrick will move from tasteful nudes to cutsie shots of babies.

what's your prediction?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

Nate will be my biggest benefactor.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

i'll get a huge tax return, pay off my remaining debt, and move to ecuador or chile.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:52 pm:

mark will get engaged to be married.

By sarah on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:53 pm:

moonit will visit a sorabjiite in the US.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

By J on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

I predict Bob Hope will die.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

I predict I will become the Worlds Dictator.

You may now all bow down before me.

Of course, I've made this prediction before and it hasn't come true yet.

By moonit on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:30 pm:

I would love to go to the states.

I just got a three grand payrise.

WOOHOO

By wisper on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

make sure you don't get a heavy tan before you try to go, moonit.

they might not let you in.

By Dougie on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

I predict that 2003 will be a good year -- I'll get married.

By Antigone on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

So will I. :)

By Dougie on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

Hey, kewl, Antigone. Is this common knowledge (have I missed something) or is this a new announcement?

By patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

no, he's being his usual cryptic ass self.

spill bitch

By J on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:47 am:

Dougie,you said you were getting married last year.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:32 am:

Actually a heavy tan might help. If she looks middle eastern the screeners will just let her pass.

They can't do any racial profiling. That would be discrimination. We can't have that now, can we?

By agatha on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

shaddap.

congratulations, tiggy!

By agatha on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:56 pm:

i predict that i will lose twenty pounds minumum this year. i predict that i will be accepted at some suckah ass graduate school in the next six months.

someone, please rescuscitate this thread in january of 2004, so we can see if i'm full of shit.

By sarah on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

Atigone, did you go get yourself engaged?

dish.

By semillama on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

Maybe he's getting married to Dougie.

By wisper on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

awwwwww!!!

By Antigone on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

Me 'n' my girl have talked about it...a lot. :) I haven't asked her yet (have to save up for a ring) but it's pretty much a done deal. I should pop the question in a month or two...

By Nate on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

oh my.

see if you can get her to say yes to a silver ring with a semi-precious stone in it.

save some cash.

By eri on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

Remember when ring shopping (I have been looking lately, would like an anniversary band) that you should look ALL over. Don't just go retail. You would be amazed at what you can find at Pawn Shops. Certified diamonds, even antiques, for so much less. Just a thought. Good luck.

By Platypus on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:58 pm:

*mutters indistinctly*

By agatha on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 11:40 am:

heh.

By patrick on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

tiggy, what i did with nico, that could speed up the process, if thats what you want, is to buy the band now, propose with the band and go together and let her pick out the rock for it. it may cost you more in the end....

but nico's band was my mom's 1st engagement ring so......

let us know when d-dayt is

By semillama on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 10:05 pm:

I predict that some of you will laugh at this, and some may feel that this is a horribly tasteless joke:

Little "Bobby" Dobbs gets home from school one day, barges through the door and shouts "Mommy! Mommy! I had sex with my teacher." "Oh "Bobby"! That's disgusting! Go to your room and wait until your father has a word with you."

Three hours later, "Bobby"'s father comes through the door. He doesn't seem unhappy, but pleasantly surprised. His father has a beaming look on his face. "Son, I heard what you did today and well, I'm damn proud of you son. When I was your age, I fucked my teacher crazy, and let me tell ya, she was a real hottie. Because you have fucked your teacher, I decided to buy you that two thousand dollar bike that you wanted. Why don't you come down to the garage and I'll show you your new bike," the father prompted. "By the way, don't tell your mother about this."

They go down to the garage, and sure enough,
    there was a beautiful new bike. "Dad," the boy
    shouts "I don't know what to say. I thought you
    were going to be pissed at me. How can I ever
    thank you?" Son, all you have to do is show me
    how much you enjoy it. Now go on and ride it for
    me."

"Dad, thanks a lot," said little "Bobby", "but do you think I can do this tomorrow, my ass is still sore!"

By semillama on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 04:16 pm:

I predict that I will gradually stop coming here, since every single damn post anymore is complete bullshit back-and-forth arguing.

It's a waste of my time. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. A lot of folks have slowed down or stopped posting completely, until the only people posting on a regular basis are arguing about politics. It's uterrly retarded, and i don't come to this place to get pissed off. It's not fun.

see ya later, perhaps...

By heather on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 07:11 pm:

wow

By agatha on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 08:01 pm:

it's a cycle, sem. it always gets better eventually- in the meantime, stay off of the political threads.

mwah!

By dave. on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 08:45 pm:

i predict that some asshole will drag politics into every thread.

liberaltaxesabortiondeathpenaltynationalismpatriotism newworldorderfascisthippyhomomedicaresupremecourt punditrywarpeacepuppetregimeterroristsisraelpalestine venezuelaeasttimornigeriakoreafrancephillipines economywealthiest1percentworkingpoorconservative constitutionreligionfreespeechrighttobearrighttoassemble sodomypetagreenpeacethinktankconcentrationcamprevisionism reparationracismpentagonmandatecumstainblowjob stolenelectionballothangingchadlibertysecurityscandal

By trace on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 08:59 pm:

I predict that I will see Return of the kings and buy the two towers this year.

By J on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:46 am:

I predict that Anna Nichole will not slim down nor will her I.Q. get any higher,but she will get laid.

By Spider on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 10:03 am:

Read this article before shopping for diamonds.

Not only that, DeBeers grossly inflates their diamonds' prices above their worth.

You didn't ask me, but I'll give you my opinion: you're better off getting another stone.

By kazoo on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

My mother said that I could have her emerald when I get engaged.

By Nate on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

not to mention THE TERRORISTS.

By moonit on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:29 pm:

I would prefer if the Pandyr stayed the hell away from expensive stones and gold. I don't see the point in having a couple of thousand dollars worth of jewellery on one finger - it should be personal,but it doesn't have to be expensive.

Same with weddings. Why spend $10,000 on a wedding (thats a deposit on a house). I don't get it.

By eri on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

Spunky and I had a wonderful wedding. Exactly what we wanted. Beautiful church, reception dinner in a gorgeous private room. EVERYTHING ended up costing us less than $200. The dinner ended up being $350 for the food and the booze for everyone and my parents just grabbed the bill and paid it and my Grandmother (wanting me to have my favorite candles and goblets and dress and shoes, etc) spent a total of $300. So total we spent less than a grand and had everything we dreamed of and wanted. The day itself ended up being perfect too. The ground covered in pristine white snow, cold but sunny and clear and gorgeous. The whole thing was perfect, even my maid of honor getting bitchy with my mom about people bugging me too much while I was trying to get ready.

It depends on what you want but weddings don't have to be expensive to be perfect for you.

I predict that I will not go back to work this year and will spend it focusing on the family and although I will bitch about being bored, I will find myself much happier.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 11:59 am:

I predict I will see the Rolling Stones at the Rain Forest concert next month.

Wait. Thats a fact.

NICO WON! She entered in a local contest, they are giving away 12,000 tickets to this benefit show and we won! we won! we fucking won!

This is the second weekend in a row, she's won some sort of giveaway. Two weeks ago, she wont some sort of XBox giveaway. Now its not clear if she just won XBox accessories and games, or the whole system. We'll see.

Now the Stones.

This Saturday she will play the lottery. Good and bad things come in threes.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

oh and sem, relax man.

political threads are as staple here, you know that.

the beauty of sorabji is its "participation optional"

im fairly conscious of keeping them to their respective threads.

commenting on the banality of the political threads is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. of course they're banal.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 21, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

I did the opposit of Patrick. My wifes diamond came from a pair of my Great-Grandmothers earings. And, we picked out the setting later.

Of course I didn't have either at the time I proposed. I just gave her a ring I was wearing at the time. You don't really need to have a ring to ask someone.

By wisper on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

i think weddings are funny. So much so that if i ever had one, i'd need Elvis to be there.
    I just couldn't feel married unless Elvis had something to do with it

By moonit on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 09:02 pm:

I would LOVE to get married by Elvis. I'd love to just take off and do it.

I want to have a stupid wedding story, so when people ask me I can shock them with something completely randomm rather than the traditional, car picked me up, dropped me off at the ceremony, took boring standard everypersonhasthemthesame photos, and the I got wickedly pissed.

By The Watcher on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 02:54 pm:

The hotel where my wife and I had our reception changed the room we had contracted for and never told us. They had the right to change the room if a larger party wanted it. But, they should have informed us before the reception.

That was devinately a little weird.

By Antigone on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

What, did they put ya'll in a broom closet?

By Misty on Saturday, February 15, 2003 - 08:23 pm:

Woo its gonna be a kick ass year caz i started it out with sneaking out and drinking !!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES !

By semillama on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 11:36 am:

Rule of Life #459485490: People named "Misty" are ALWAYS trouble.
    -From the Book Of Five Nostrils, ca. 532 AD, translated from the original Gothic.

By Platypus on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

I just read an article about all these wacky new zealanders having lord of the rings themed weddings.

Woah.

By moonit on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 05:18 pm:

Really?

What dickheads.

By I dunno on Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 08:01 pm:

I have a room decorated with a Rivendell theme. Does that make me a dickhead?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact