PINCHE AT&T

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: PINCHE AT&T
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

i need to get an AT&T cellphone for work. AT&T is our preferred provider, so it has to be AT&T. company orders.

the idea is that i subscribe to the service and they reimburse me each month for the bill i pay. standard fare.

so i get on the AT&T website and pick out a phone and plan. easy peasy. my BFN zip code doesn’t have service available, so I use the zip code of the corporate office.

when i get to check out, fill out my billing address (here in BFN) and hit submit. it comes back with an error—zip code in the billing address must match the zipcode you entered to check for service. wtf.

so i call the sales line. the sales lady confirms it—the service has to be available in the zip code of my billing address, and my billing address must be the same for the credit card i’m using. in other words, AT&T will not give me a cellphone. even though i will only use it everywhere else in the country.

stupid fucks.

By patrick on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

their loss.

they should sell you a plan and phone even if you plan to balance your uneven sofa with it.

By Nate on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

that's very close to what i said to the lady.

though what i really wanted to say involved rectums.

By eri on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:26 pm:

I DID THAT!!! Hahahahaha. That was part of my crappy ass job that I hated for 3 years. I was one of the first 10 reps taking inbound calls for cell phones. I had to tell millionaires that they had too much credit to qualify for the damned phones, so what they said to you seems like old news. I HATE AT&T! Stupid fucks tried to fire me because my water broke and I went into labor at work and I left work to go to the hospital. I was back at work the next day and they tried to fire me without union representation (not that the union there can do shit, the only thing they were good for was taking 3% of my income). My father worked for them for 30 years inventing and teaching the technical shit and 1 month after his 30th anniversary he was forced into retirement and they cut it by almost 30%.

Tell your company AT&T sucks ass and ranks in the top 2 most corrupt companies in the telecommunications industry!

By Dougie on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

They're all fucks. I had MCI for long distance, and for some reason, they were billing me at what they called "Random Dialing" rates (like $5/minute) for 2 months, and each time the long distance charges were for over $200. And my local bill was combined with the MCI bill. So I called like 5 different times and the person at MCI would say that, "OK, I've credited your account. Just don't pay that portion on your next bill." But the local company didn't have records of the credits, and threatened to cut off my local service. Then I'd get the local company and MCI to conference call us 3 in to make sure the credits were applied (after having to say, "I want to speak to your manager" a million times), and then lo and behold, the next bill comes and there are the old MCI charges again. I've since switched to AT&T for long distance, and have my bills separated. Then after I switched, MCI called me back and offered me $75 to switch back. I said fuck you. By the way, if you want cheap long distance, check out usadatanet.com. It uses voice over ip, but all the phone calls I've ever made over are crystal clear.

By semillama on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:44 am:

i just said fuck them all and got the cheapest cell phone plan. now i get no spam calls.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:44 am:

Nate,

Why didn't you just go to the local mall. AT&T has at least a kiosk at every mall I've ever been at.

Then you get to speak to a real person.

At least then when they tell you no, you can be sure some one will actually know what you said they could do with their plans.

If your company has a deal with AT&T why do you have to get the phone? They should supply it. At least they should arrange for you to get the phone through company purchasing.

By TBone on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 11:55 am:

AT&T has started calling me at 7:00 AM to try and sell me on their unlimited plan.

Yesterday, they called in the morning, then again in the afternoon.

"I'm calling to offer you the new AT&T unlimited plan. Are you still paying more than $20 per month on long-distance?"

"No. I don't have a long-distance carrier. I don't make long distance calls. I've had the same pre-paid phone card for 4 years, and it's not half used yet. Stop calling me."

I had a cell phone for a while, but it was such an extreme detriment to my sanity that I had to get rid of it. Ringing phones raise my spines anymore.

By Platypus on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

I have working assets for long distance now. Despite their hippieness, they are a great phone company. Very helpful and responsive and all that good stuff. I also have a cell phone, and it's with some local company that all the local hippies hate. They're trying to prevent my carrier, and my carrier alone, from extending their range. I wonder if I should take this personally.

By patrick on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

i finally got a cell phone recently. i inherited the mille nico cell phone, when the mrs. got her new frenchie co. cell.

now if i could just remember to bring it with me, and turn it on.

no one calls me though.

i totally dont know what the hell you mean by the post platy, but that could just be the coedine syrup talkin. you have "working assets"?

By Nate on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

working assets is a phone company with social consciousness or something.

By Platypus on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:57 pm:

yup. and it happens to be cheaper (for my needs) than any other long distance company. they're kind of like a phone company for wannabe protestors. and they send my coupons for ice cream, which i can't eat. but it's a nice gesture.

i notice this with my cell as well, patrick. everybody fussed so that i wasn't available at all hours of the day, and i got a cell phone, and everybody stopped calling me. oh well.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact