World domination

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: World domination
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

Somebody stop this runaway adminstration

a friend reminded me of a idea borne out of Orwellian theory and that is the world needs 3 superpowers at any given time, with 2 aligned against the other.

Russia, China have had their time on the chopping block, is it the US's?

Say the EU, Russia against the US?

The Bush administration foreign policy is a fucking freight train.

Meanwhile, im proud of my fellow Angelinos

(thats my office bldg, in black, right above the Roosevelt Hotel.)

By semillama on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

By patrick on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:15 pm:

not until now, but certainly of no surprise.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

something else to consider.

lies

By patrick on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:33 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

Leno said it best, in reference to an earlier protest: "Hundreds of protestors participated in protests outside the NATO meeting yesterday. The majority of the people were against Bush. It doesn't bother him though. The last time the majority of the people were against Bush he was elected president."

By Yobdlog on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

I have been away for so long.....

I'm hearing that music again.

By wisper on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

"Leno said it best"

this marks the first time i have EVER heard that.

By trace on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:03 pm:

There is only one person who can stop the death of innocent Iraqi's, and only person who can stop the death of any military personell who march into Iraq.

By trace on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:06 pm:

"Kim Crenshaw on affirmative action (1/24/03)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robert Fisk on Western journalism (12/6/02)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellen Frank & Scott Klinger on the economy (7/26/03)
    Scott Ritter on Iraq (5/10/02)
    Ali Abunimah on Mideast Violence(3/15/02)
    Bob McChesney on FCC & the Courts (3/1/02)
    Noam Chomsky on Terrorism (2/1/02)
    Best of CounterSpin 2001 (1/4/02)
    Kate Martin on Secret Detention (11/2/01)
    Lamis Andoni on Al Jazira (10/26/01)
    Mark Crispin Miller on Bush Dyslexicon (7/27/01)

"

Fair, my ass

By Rowlf on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 07:40 pm:

"There is only one person who can stop the death of innocent Iraqi's, and only person who can stop the death of any military personell who march into Iraq."

Zombie Jesus?

By trace on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 09:03 pm:

realistic, please

By semillama on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 11:58 am:

George W. Bush, of course. He's the one with his finger on the trigger.

Unless of course you mean actually realistic, and more than one person can make choices. then Saddam Hussein too.

By trace on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 05:50 pm:

There is only one man responsible for what is going on. He has been responsible since the 60's.
    He is the only one killing and torturing.

You cannot pin what is happening in Iraq on Bush.
    This goes so far beyond 9/11/01, this latest resolution, etc.
    Bush said in 1999 that part of his goals as president is getting rid of Sadaam Hussien.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

what an elementary, short and narrow-minded approach to the matter

Saddam is responsible when US bombs start falling?

fucking imperialist

By trace on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

"Saddam is responsible when US bombs start falling? "

Yes. absolutely.

Are you rowlf before I respond to you ever again?
    I am not checking IP addresses, I want the truth from you

By patrick on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:37 pm:

no, im not rowlf. i rarely post under psuedonyms, unless its part of the joke trace.

you don't manage foreign policy like a bully.

you don't treat soverign nations like you treat a dog when he pees on the rug.

imperialist

By patrick on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

"you don't treat soverign nations like you treat a dog when he pees on the rug."

especially when people die.

By trace on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:08 pm:

Iraqis have been dying, Patrick.
    Under his tyranical rule

By patrick on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

so the fuck what trace.

we allow tyrrants to exist and even support tyrrants all the god damn time.

stop acting like you give a shit.

the idea that we are "liberating" iraq is just as bunk as the idea of WMDs

By trace on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:28 pm:

Then you need to stop acting high and mighty like you are some great humanitarian.
    Or a hypocrate.
    You sound like you are advocating Isolationism?
    I actually do think he needs to go for a laundry list of reasons, but one is very much the liberation of the Iraqis.
    You cold hearted, blind son of a bitch

By patrick on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 07:48 pm:

im not a hypocrite.

im also not individual who mindlessly accepts our government's bullshit as truth without question.

You take too much for fact. You play into the board game of partisian politics that they keep you occupied with.

Silly fucker.

I've never advocated isolationism, and the fact you even derive such an idea from my posts only further proves you're a complete stooge with little to no basic understanding of high school-level social studies dialog because thats what essentially all of this adds up to.

I'm not acting high and mighty. I can admit my contradictions in philosophy because each scenerio is different. foreign policy is not a straight line. im objective. i question what im told. i consider and learn from history. im a passionate patriot enraged that this great nation is being robbed from the inside out and making the world more dangerous for everyone and sheep like you are allowing it to happen with your jarhead patriotism and blind faith.

people like you fucking anger the hell out of me.

Senator Byrd gets its, and appears to be a minority.

Go read his speech. i stand by his words 100%.

So before you go your predictable route and question my patriotism, challenge my political idealogies, jerk-off to Clinton policy or rehash any of your other senseless crip crap, get a clue.

Millions of people came out against your idea of things this past weekend. Many ill-informed, many are NOT, and thats what is important. The core source of angst is all the same.

The numbers are growing trace.

So you eat your grass BAH the Bush administration all the way. As time goes on, i view the likes of you as more of a threat to the Constitution than any terrorist could ever be.

By Rowlf on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 08:26 am:

yeah, patrick and I are the same, you know, because these ideas are just SOOOO rare.

well, maybe on CNN they are. You might as well accuse us both of being Jeneane Garafolo.

By semillama on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 09:39 am:

What gets me is the utter denial of any responisibility on our part for any of the shit that's hitting the fan NOW.

Yes, Saddam is a murdering maniac. but teh ahwks would have you believe that he only started murdering people when Clinton was in office. Remember a little thing called the Iran-Iraq war? last about 9 years back in teh 80's? Remember when Hussein gassed the hell out of the Iranian troops? Guess whose government supported that action?

Reagan/Bush supported Iraq and their tactics when they were fighting Iran. Bush/Quayle bailed out their Kuwaiti oil buddies at Saddam's expense (and probably great surprise). Clinton/Gore continued the bombing, including an incident when they bombed a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan (incidently, that action right there alone is why they shoudl both be in jail in my book, if you look at the consequences that resulted). Now we have more of the same, just on a massive scale from George II.

Bush is frightening. He's very obviously way out of his depth in this situation. Cowboy dipolmacy is a failure (if you can even call it diplomacy). Fundamentalist Christian ideology is seeping into domestic policy as well as foreign.

btw, I actually am Janine Garafalo.

By Rowlf on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

"btw, I actually am Janine Garafalo"

respectfully Ms. Garofalo, what the hell was up with "Mystery Men"? P-U.

Hey, those statements are Anti-American and pro-Saddam! Hitler's child! Bow before my the new McCarthyism!

By semillama on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

"Mystery Men" was a FANTASTIC movie.

They should make more.

By Rowlf on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

I dunno sem, I thought it had a lot of potential, some hilarious ideas on paper, but it just didnt follow through...

Garofalo has the best cameos, like as the Medieval Times waitress in "Cable Guy", and in "Half Baked"

By Antigone on Friday, February 21, 2003 - 12:13 pm:

sem, if you were Janine Garafalo I would have hit on you a LOT more in NO...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact