chemical warfare

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: chemical warfare
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

chemical warfare?

whats in those MRE's?

The accompanying text

"A U.S. Marine with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) uses latrines wearing a respirator during a long gas attack simulation in an undisclosed location in the Kuwaiti desert on March 16, 2003. As the U.S. army awaits word on war with Iraq (news - web sites), commanders say one of their chief concerns, alongside the threat of chemical and biological weapons, is the country's harsh and varied terrain. REUTERS/Desmond Boylan"

gas attack simulation?

what?

if John Stewarts people dont pick up on this on tonights episode they should all be fired.

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

MRE's are food, basically, it little plastic bags. They're kinda funny looking. Pre cooked, you just open it, shove it in your mouth and swallow. They're running low on them out here. They're small, so I thought I would get some to put in our emergency stash, but it's gonna have to wait until the panic has passed.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

i KNOW what they are...i've eaten them before.

it was a tongue in cheek question as to the matter of "gas attacks" and the fact that guy is on the latrine with a gas mask on.

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

Nevermind then. I missed it.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

speaking of chemical warfare, i bought a 4L jug of 'piasano' wine.

$1.78 per wine bottle equiv. 5 1/3 wine bottles.

what a deal.

though next time i think i'll splurge the extra 22 cents and buy cheap ass trader joe's wine.

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

I can't drink too many cheap wines. I get migraines from some of them. I haven't had a real glass of wine in quite a while. Just not in the budget right now. Maybe later.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

well, i have a shitload of hash and no job, so i'm not worrying about the headaches.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

wtf is pisano?

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

I have no hash and no job, but I still don't want to deal with the headaches.

Patrick asked it right...wtf is Pisano anyways? It sounds familiar but I can't place it.

By wisper on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:25 pm:

okay.
    tell me about Trader Joe's. What is it, where is it, why do all of you shop there and then talk about it.... tell me damn you!

By kazoo on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:28 pm:

I miss Trader Joe's :(

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

Trade Joes

they have the best and cheapest wine selection in town.

one part hippy/health grocer and one part specialty shop.

cheeses, wines are their specialty. they rock because they have good shit for cheap.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:36 pm:

do you guys have Whole Foods, Whole Earth, Wild Oats or anything like that wisper?

its kinda like that but wayyyyy cheaper.

By J on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

Pisano is an Italian wine.

By kazoo on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

And they don't have the BEST selection, which can be frustrating, but who cares? they have terrific goodies...like those chocolate truffles...they are the PERFECT pms food, let me tell . I'd send you some no store here.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

lately there has been a Godiva chocolate filled chocolate bar in my bag after every visit oh and flowers. really pretty assortments for a matter of a couple of bucks.

its insane and makes you realize how ridiculously over priced the regular grocery stores like Kroger, Vons, Ralphs, A&P etc are.

By spunky on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 07:58 pm:

i thought it was funny, patrick

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 08:00 pm:

i thought so too man. what gives.

everyones like...so sseeeerious

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

I just went to the grocery store. Usually here I go to the local HEB (there are literally NO OTHER grocery stores here and they have a monopoly aside from 1 super target and 1 walmart superstore). HEB is cheaper than those two. I had $40 to buy enough stuff to get us through til the end of the month.

Fucking price gouging mutherfuckers! What cost me 54 cents two weeks ago cost me 88 cents tonight. A 3# bag of apples with a sign that says $1.79 was $3.29 and they wouldn't even check the fucking sign!!!! I had to put half of my food back even though I added it all up as I went according to their price signs. They didn't give a fuck and there was no where else I could go to save this money. Fucking bastards.

By moonit on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:00 pm:

I spent $187 on groceries last week.

I spend around $100 a week.

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:08 pm:

I hate the fact that they are price gouging right now. Cock sucking mutherfuckers. I used to get away with $85 a month on food, excluding milk and alcoholic beverages. Based on what I had to take up the ass tonight all I can guess is that it will now cost me in the neighborhood of $150 for the exact same things.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

piasano is made by rossi. modesto, ca. baby. bottom shelf jug wine.

By moonit on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 10:50 pm:

How the hell can you spend $85 on food a month - thats about $170 NZ -? You must be a hell careful shopper. Or you don't eat. hmm.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:10 pm:

i used to do $20 a week. we'd often go hungry, though. top ramen and bean and cheese burittos.

we always had ample malt liquor though.

By eri on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:25 pm:

I am a major bargain shopper. I get 10 lbs of chicken for $3.30 and shit like that, so we always have meat at dinner. We don't live off of top ramen or macaroni and cheese. Nothing like that, but I am a total cheapskate and buy food cheaply.

That is ONLY for food. That doesn't count for things like detergent or other cleaners. I spend about $30 per month on those.

We almost always have plenty of food and a decent variety of food. I just only had $40 to get through this month and the cocksuckers decided to price gouge.

By Bigkev on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:58 pm:

"bottom shelf jug wine."

is that one above or below wine-in-a-box

By Bigkev on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 12:00 am:

hehe MRE - Meal Ready to Eat , or as my army friends call em three lies for the price of one

By Nate on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 09:29 am:

often below wine-in-a-box.

mmm. franzia.

By eri on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 10:05 am:

Gotta love Franzia. :)

By sarah on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 10:33 am:

y'all don't even want to know how much money a week i spend at the grocery store. it's fucking obscene.

trader joe's also has a soy nut crunch bread that is like only 8-9 carbs per slice. and it's thick and hearty and yummy in my tummy. we don't have trader joe's here, but we can still get the bread.

By Spider on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 11:05 am:

*gasp* I must have that bread!

By eri on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 11:09 am:

That bread does sound delicious. Never heard of Trader Joe's, though. I must be missing out.

When you have a family to cook for it is easier to buy in bulk and make meals cheaper. I think that is why I am able to get groceries for as cheaply as I do. I have a 14 cubic foot deep freeze, so I can buy in bulk for cheap and make it stretch all month.

My Grandmother spent more than twice as much as we did when she was living alone, because it is hard to buy for just one person and buying in bulk just doesn't work.

By patrick on Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 11:16 am:

we spend about $60-120/week on groceries, including alcohol.

it depends on how much we eat out.

lately we've usually only eaten out 1-2 times a week. other weeks when we are sorta hunkered down, i cook a lot so we go through the groceries.

between trader joes and the regular grocery store we can keep it fairly cheap.

$85/month is pretty commendable for 4 peeps eri. we just dont have the time to be so frugal.

my grandmother, because she had the time to read the coupon booklets and so forth would literally make 3-5 grcoery store trips/week to various markets to get whomever had the best price on whatever she may need.

the kick ass thing about trader joes is you can go, drop $20 and cook a $100 meal that you get by going out. impress your luvuh and most likely get laid.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I wish I could get by on a Hundred bucks a week.

My budget is $410 for two weeks. This is mostly for groceries. And, my wife and I eat really cheaply. No alcohol at all. Our medications don't mix well with it.

We have a pretty wide selection of super markets; Giant (of Maryland), Metro, Super Fresh (A&P elsewhere), Safeway, Food Lion,etc. But, even with all that competition the prices are getting outragious.

We used to have steak once every few weeks. Now, that's a very rare occassion.

By Tazameir on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:22 pm:

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:42 pm:

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 03:00 pm:

Actually, my first link was also for entrees only.

By Tazameir on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:34 am:

By heather on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 12:22 pm:

my idea is, don't eat it

By Antigone on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:44 pm:

But, what if we have a nukular war?

By heather on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:30 am:

i suggest death

By Tazameir on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 07:26 pm:

Personally, I'd love to have my own bunker, and just live there forever is something nasty did happen. But in any case, I'm still looking for cheap MRE's......

C.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact