Where in deed?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Where in deed?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunkyDingo on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 02:36 pm:

Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st Marine battalion, was talking with 4 young Marines near his foxhole this morning live on CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the Marines had been looking out for and taking care of him since the war started. He went on to tell about the many hardships the Marines had endured since the war began and how they all look after one another.
    He turned to the four and said he had cleared it with their commanders and they could use his video phone to call home.
    The 19 year old Marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow his platoon sergeant to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home whom he had not been able to talk to in three months. A stunned Savidge who was visibly moved by the request shook his head and the young Marine ran off to get the sergeant.
    Savidge recovered after a few seconds and turned back to the three young Marines still sitting with him and asked which one of them would like to call home first, the Marine closest to him responded with out a moments hesitation “ Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call the parents of a buddy of ours, Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar Key, Florida who was killed on 3-23-03 near Nasiriya to see how they are doing”.
    At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was unable to speak. All he could get out before signing off was “Where do they get young men like this?”.

By semillama on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

Kind of goes to show how insulated journalists are, especially TV ones.

And I know what the USMC responce would be

"We don't get them from anywhere - We make them!"

Which is the gist of many a sign you see on USMC installations.

By spunkyDingo on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

Sem, I feel you are correct.

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 11:57 pm:

Yeah, those members of the liberal media couldn't possibly think that soldiers might be human.

And, for another perspective on Marines, from a Gulf War 1 Marine veteran, check it...

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 00:06 pm:

By semillama on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 00:06 pm:

That looks like a good read.

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

which one?

By semillama on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

The book, you posted the same time I did.

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 01:57 pm:

oic

By Bigkev on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:13 pm:

PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone that belives that is actual, of the cuff comments is being brain washed...

your all SHEEP!!!!!! bahh

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:13 pm:

I weep for this country.
    I weep for people who so hate the president and the generals and the cia and nsa and fbi that they truely beleive that the middle eastern press and dictators are much more honest and honorable then the ones they hate here in America.
    I think that we have reached a sad state in America. But I do not beleive that it is restricted to the US.

the apparent favor of a murderous thug dictator over anything or anyone that has the guts to stand up to the UN and all the vile, threatining protestors and has the balls to actually do something versus talk about it proves we are rapidly approaching a nexus.
    This world cannot sustain this struggle between free people and the religiouisly oppressed whom feel compelled to murder those who are not oppressed or oppressing.

And the most tragic thing?
    The people who live under the most free government on earth HATE THAT GOVERNMENT!
    And beleive that they are OPPRESSED!
    And then they pat themselves on the back and call themselves true patriots and courageous for complaining and cussing and threatening that very government. Don't tell me that calling for a regime change, or likening Bush to Hitler or wishing a "million Molgadesho's" on our troops is not threatening and vile.
    This cannot last much longer.

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

See? You are also calling the troops liars.
    They are the ones reporting that the Iraqi's are thanking them and feeding them, and giving them gifts.
    They are the ones who report that they have found chemical suits and rocket launchers in hospitals.
    They are the ones who report that 5 year olds are being used as human sheilds and that the republican guard is pointing guns at their soldiers backs to force them to fight.

God damn right wing conspiracy has even brainwashed the ENTIRE FUCKING MARINE CORPSE!

By semillama on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

Could you possibly get more melodramatic and overblown, please?

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:45 pm:

spunk, are you on the tussin again?

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 02:48 pm:

"HATE THAT GOVERNMENT!"

Must I remind you, spunk, that until Bush was elected you hated the government yourself? Remember Ruby Ridge and Waco and all that...

By eri on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

Wow.....

They just interrupted regular programming for the most AMAZING news update....

I am in total awe over this one!!!

Can you believe?.........

Saddam Hussein is ALIVE!!!!!

He survived the first bombing!!!!!

Tom Brokaw said that they can't verify that it is him for sure, but it looks like him, so they will certify it! Genius that man!

Yep, walking down the streets of Baghdad....Saddam Hussein himself, surrounded by tons of people cheering him (yeah, like they wouldn't pay if they didn't). Christ. That was worth inturrupting my day.

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

No.
    I did not hate the government.
    I thought Clinton was a sleaze.
    I was concerned that if he did not respect his oath to his wife, how can anyone trust his oath to the country.
    And I still do.

By patrick on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:12 pm:

that sugar cube sure has lasted a long time.

*lick lick lick lick lick*

fucking silly.

By trace on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:22 pm:

I say the same thing who continues to blame bush of "stealing" the election

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

That's a definate difference between us, spunk. I think breaking a oath to uphold the constitution and throwing away people's votes in an election is a bit more serious than adultery, but that's just me.

By patrick on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 03:50 pm:

i dont believe he stole anything and I don't believe Ive ever said as such.

i believe he is a president elected without a majority of the popular vote. thats enough.

i just think its tiring, mundane and retarded that you spend some much time on these finite points that you can never see the big picture.

i try my best never to insult someone's intelligence, i mean, like really insult your intelligence but god damn trace you make it so easy.

you lay yourself out there with your nonsense.

have another sugar cube.

if it keeps you from the real deal, fine, but dont waste my time with such irrelevence.

By iRRELEVENTSPUNK on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:06 pm:

Just what do YOU think the real deal is?
    your Majesty, king patrick, would you please bring yourself to the lowly enough state to explain to little ol me what the real deal is?
    that would be ever so kind of you..
    I beg forgiveness for my irrelevence

By patrick on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

i know for sure its not a presidents fidelity or infidelity.

By semillama on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

Now this is what should be making you weep, spunky...

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:17 pm:

capitalism does have it's dark side, and that appears to be it.
    No better then a gas station in New York offering $10 worth of free gas to "patriotic vehicles"...

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

capitalism does have it's dark side, and that appears to be it.
    No better then a gas station in New York offering $10 worth of free gas to "patriotic vehicles"...

By spunkyDingo on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

"i know for sure its not a presidents fidelity or infidelity."

Maybe not nearly as important as his deriliction of duty.

By patrick on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

thats fuckin scary sem.

really.

this whole "freedom" "liberation" shit is getting way out of hand.

god damn, what is wrong with everyone.

By eri on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 04:56 pm:

Patric, He didn't say he went out and bought one. Things like this are always put out there and annoying us whenever anything happens. Is it fucking annoying? Yeah. Does that mean I am going to go out and get one? No.

So I would guess that it isn't a matter of something being wrong with everyone because not everyone is buying it. Wow. That can have more meanings than just the obvious, can't it?

By spunky on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:02 pm:

hoeny, patrick did not say I got one either..

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

But I'm gonna get one! It's just too kewl to pass up.

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:09 pm:

Yea, even though I shalt get jesus spam for the rest of my days, I shalt purchase this collectible!

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

I just submitted my order.

Allah be praised!

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:12 pm:

Holy shit! The spam was instantaneous! Check it out:

"Dear Collector,
    The Lord Bless This Defender of Freedom Figurine...it was just what you
    wanted. Now, you are looking forward to opening the box to put it on
    display. Many collectors say that this is what makes collecting so much
    fun and enjoyable. But it does not mean the fun has to stop.

Take a minute to consider the In the Lord's Hands Figurine Subscription
    Plan. Like the Lord Bless This Defender of Freedom Figurine, it might
    be perfect for your collection. They go together like the best of
    friends. View the In the Lord's Hands Figurine Subscription Plan by clicking
    to:
    http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-44061.jsp

Adding complementary pieces to your collection makes collecting much
    more interesting. And you will find just the right item when you shop the
    galleries at collectiblestoday.com. We think the In the Lord's Hands
    Figurine Subscription Plan will work nicely with your Lord Bless This
    Defender of Freedom Figurine. See for yourself by clicking in to:
    http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-44061.jsp

Happy collecting.

John George
    Director of collectiblestoday.com

P.S. While you are awaiting the exciting arrival of your Lord Bless
    This Defender of Freedom Figurine, consider the In the Lord's Hands
    Figurine Subscription Plan. We think they make a great pair and will
    complement each other in your collection. The In the Lord's Hands Figurine
    Subscription Plan is available now. View it by clicking to:
    http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct/product/prdid-44061.jsp"

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:14 pm:

Note that this particular spam says the same thing, and has the same identical link, three seperate times in ONE E-MAIL.

What does this say about their perception of the intelligence of their target audience?

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:16 pm:

Either that or their programmer is so stupid that he/she forgot to check whether thee promotional elements added to the e-mail are the same or not...

By suprisedspunk on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

did you really order it?????

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:35 pm:

God fuck the life out of me, I'm BORED!

By Antigone on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:37 pm:

Yeah! Signed, sealed, UPS'ed!

By patrick on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:38 pm:

dude....what you did is comparable to agreeing to take those "IQ" and "personality" tests that fuckin Scientologists offer on Hollywood Blvd.

Shit.

I've said too much.

I hear helicopters.

By dave. on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

looky! a whole shiny, new thread about the same ol' thing! how special is this???

superduper special!

By jack on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 05:57 pm:

YAY!

By Nate on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

hey, anyone else realize that the mexicans think we're a bunch of apes? when they talk about the USA, they just make monkey noises. EE UU!

i think we should attack them next!

By Rowlf on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 06:44 pm:

"this whole "freedom" "liberation" shit is getting way out of hand. "

know what I think would be fucking AWESOME?

If France really wants to fuck with the US, just annoy the US, as much as some would want you to believe.. heres what they should do...

They should change the name of France to "Freedom"

That would be a hoot. No. 1 on my hoot list right there.

By wisper on Friday, April 4, 2003 - 06:48 pm:

Anti, i'm so jealous
    next you're going to go order that figure of Jesus playing soccer and golf, just to spite me!!!

By Gee on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

for the record, the note that started this thread off is a total urban legend. Now don't you all feel silly?

By semillama on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 01:36 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact