Where can I find it?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Where can I find it?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Watcher on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

There are a number of soft drinks I can't seem to find locally.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the following:

Almond Smash - in something other than a 2 liter bottle.

Caffine free Regular Dr. Pepper - in something other than a 2 liter bottle.

Caffine free Diet Dr. Pepper - in something other than a 2 liter bottle.

Squirt Red - I'd love to try it.

Diet Squirt - My wife would like this one.

Tru Ade - They were supposed to be making a come back. But, I haven't seen it in years.

Moxie - Something I've wanted to try.

By Nate on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 09:15 pm:

would moxie in a 2 liter bottle be ok?

i'm just wondering if you're a total 2 liter bigot.

By eri on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

Squirt Red, Diet Squirt, caffeine free Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper are all available in Kansas City area.

The rest I haven't heard of.

By spunky on Monday, May 5, 2003 - 11:36 pm:

I don't care what anyone says, when Coca-Cola changed the can design this last time, they changed the flavor. I can tell a big difference.

YOU KILLED COKE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:47 am:

I'm pissed I can't get Vernors in NY.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 10:26 am:

i tried diet caffeine free coke a cola in a can last night. it has no taste whatsoever. my favorite is diet dr. pepper. texas is the home of dr. pepper (Waco, in fact) but we don't have caffeine free dr. pepper. my second favorite is diet vanilla coke. yum!

i used to LOVE squirt when i was a kid. i think if i drank it now i'd have heart burn for a week.

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 11:53 am:

I used to drink about six diet vanilla cokes per day until I decided to reduce my sodium intake.

By TBone on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 11:57 am:

I think we have squirt red 'round these parts... I'm not a Squirt fan, though.

I live across the street (basically) from a Coke bottling plant. They have pop machines out front that sell cans for $.25 and bottles for $.50.

People come with an assload of quarters and empty the machine of cans every once in a while.

I find that I don't like a whole lot of Coke's products. But I drink too much Mountain Dew. I need to switch to coffee.
    It's probably a good thing that it's not a Pepsi plant. That could get out of hand.

By Spider on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

Diet Vanilla Coke r0x!

By kazoo on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:22 pm:

I go to Coca Cola University

By patrick on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

diet dr. pepper is the only diet pop worth a shit.

coke has to jazz up that vanilla coke label because its all too similar to tregular coke sitting on the shelf. ive inadvertantly brought home that crap twice now

By Nate on Tuesday, May 6, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

look at spider use r0x.

try r0x0r spider.

By TBone on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

My University sold out to Coke last year. Got a couple million dollars that it used to buy a huge, ugly "Coke Vision" screen for our stadium. (It was used, as well. It shorted once and took out the power on half the campus.) The screen is used largely for the purpose of displaying Coke ads.

And the campus can't sell any beverage that isn't made by Coke. There's been a lot of protesting and boycott signs and stuff. They primarily focus on accusations that Coke deals with Union disputes in their foreign factories by having the Union leaders killed. I don't know much about it, though.

I read a very heated letter to the editor in our newspaper that said basically "Boycott Coke, drink Odwalla." (Odwalla is a juice or fruit pulp drink that's popular around here.) I guess they didn't notice that Odwalla is owned by Coke. It seemed obvious to me, since they sell Odwalla on campus. The bottle even says it's a Coke product.

Spider r0x0rz my b0x0rz.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 01:42 pm:

Hee...r0x0r is so |4|\/|0r. I'm oldschool, |)00|).

By The Watcher on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

I have no animosity to 2 liter bottles. They are just waistful in my house.

Here's a neet website for you:

http://www.nsda.org

And, it's Ruby Red Squirt not Squirt Red. My mistake.

By kazoo on Wednesday, May 7, 2003 - 08:32 pm:

Syracuse University, where I got my BA is a Pepsi university. They took out all the new Snapple machines and a friend of mine started a huge campaign and gots us tons of snapple tee-shirts, and he got to talk to the snapple lady who apprently went to Syracuse.

Ohio State is a coke university.

Emory is the REAL Coca Cola University though. It funds almost the entire endowment. Most of the buildings are named after former execs.

By The Watcher on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 02:54 pm:

eri,

If you've tried Dr. Pepper's Red Fusion. You've had the weak cousin of Almond Smash.

Almond Smash is better.

By eri on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 05:35 pm:

Never had either. I don't drink many carbonated beverages (unless they contain alcohol) anymore.

I don't think I have ever seen either of those, come to think of it. Now I am curious.

By The Watcher on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

Tru-Ade is not carbonated.

When I was a kid, all you could get was Orange or Grape.

The last time I actually saw it they had expanded to lemonade and fruit punch.

And, the only place I knew that carried it was "Hale's Seafood" in Oakliegh/Parkville. But, that was at least six years ago. Before the "Come Back" happened.

By kazoo on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 09:57 pm:

fun-dip lik-m-aid candy

By eri on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 10:51 pm:

Forget the lik-m-aid.....I love the lik-a-sticks!!!!!! They were the best part!!!

By wisper on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:38 pm:

you can't get fun dips???

i can send some, if you want.

By kazoo on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

I just felt like saying fun-dip lik-m-aid candy

like eating pixie sticks with a piece of chalk

do you guys remember those wax sticks (sometimes shaped like botles) filled with that orange-green-yellow-red syrupy juice?

By patrick on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

hey kazooey if youre needing action. my friends cd release party is tomorrow night at eye drum gallery. some other bands are playing as well.

By eri on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 09:21 pm:

They have those wax bottles filled with the different colored sugar water out here. Any place that sells hispanic food has tons of them.

By Cave Dweller on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 01:50 am:

those cool miniature six-packs of wax "bottles" with that wicked liquid in them. . !!?
    . . can we order some through you?

(does anyone remember those mental candies that were about the size of a vanilla wafer with candy beads in them.
    shaped like a flying saucer, the two thin wafers were sealed at the edges "and inside, it's delicious" the various colored candy beads. . a few of them.)
    . . . 3cents a piece in the 60's.

By C.D. in N.O. on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 01:53 am:

Yeah, I remember those wild wax sticks also with that wicked liquid in them.

Where?

By CAN FAN on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 05:32 am:

OHHHHHH kaaayyyyyyy...

talking to yourself has become an internet art form, apparently....

By eri on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

Yeah, cuz we're always hanging around at 1am and 5 am at your beck and call.

Geez.

If you want some, go to Texas and get it.

By Its a Wrap on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

By The Watcher on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:02 pm:

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

After posting here I couldn't waite any longer.

I took my lonnng drive to the nearest place I "Knew" I could find Regular "Caffeine Free Dr Pepper", even if it's in 2 liter bottles, and there was none available at all.

I went to all four groceries that had it before and nada, zip, nothing.

And, of cource the employees I asked about it looked as if they thought I was from Mars or something.

"Caffeine Free Regular Dr Pepper"? Never heard of it.

It was there just six months ago!!!!

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay through the nose for it over the internet.

By heather on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

By semillama on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

What sort of benighted place do you live in Watcher? Northeastern Canada or something?

By patrick on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

moreover, why is soda so damn important.

By Spider on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

The Watcher lives around Baltimore. I can vouch for the fact that rural/suburban Maryland is indeed benighted.

By moonit on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 06:54 pm:

Patrick, maybe Watcher has the same love for soda that I have for reeses. And when you love something and you can't get it, its very frustrating. I'm just privelleged that so many sorabjites are keen to trade kiwi for 'merican or 'nadian candy.

Don't tell but I paid around $40 to bring in a stupidly small amount of almond joys for the Pandyr cause he loves them so much and you can't get them here - or anything remotely like them.

By The Watcher on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

I drink soda more than anything else.

My mother had this thing for tea.

A lot of people I work with are big coffe drinkers.

With me it's soda. And, Dr Pepper is one of my favorites. I just need to cut down on the caffine.

By The Watcher on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

moonit,

I'm surprised you can't get some Hershey's products where you are. Since they are one of the biggest candy makers. But, it shouldn't surprise me. There are a few that are even hard to find near Baltimore.

I'll have to check the next annual report when it comes out.

By The Watcher on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 01:42 pm:

By moonit on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 05:51 am:

Thanks Watcher.
    We get like the main plain chocolate bars from hersheys but not much more.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:02 pm:

By Skinwalker on Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 12:33 am:

you should check out http://www.nostalgiccandy.com they have those little flying saucers with the candy beads inside . and lots of other hard to find stuff . I havent seen a bottle of almond smash here in south central pa . in at least 18 years ! and believe me , I`ve been looking !

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

Try driving a little farther south to Northern Baltimore County Maryland.

The Giant Supermarket in Hunt Valley and the Shoppers Food Warehouse in Cockeysville sometimes has Almond Smash. But, only in 2 liter bottles.

Get off I 83 head to York Road and start driving south. Most of the Supermarket chains do occassionally get it. But, the two I mentioned earlier are your best bets. Don't bother with the convenience stores. They strickly carry the big brands.

By Mark on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:37 pm:

Watcher

I have been home a few times and not been able to find Almond Smash. Used to get it at the Giant on Rt 40. Was wondering where it is available? Thanks (Memories of childhood.) I think it is Almond flavoured. Mom used to make almond icing using almond extract and it smelled the same.

moonlit

nothing better than canadian candy. There soda is good too, Coke tastes different and the MT Dew has no caffiene

By The Watcher on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 12:29 pm:

Almond Smash is hard to come by. I only see it every so often.

Usually when I do see it, the bottle says special offer $.99.

I belive it is bottled by the old Allegheny Beverage Company now called Pepsi-Cola Company. Their phone number is (410) 366-3500.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

I actually just called them. The Mars Super Market chain, particularly the one on Padonia Road and the Ridgley Shopping Center stores - both off York Rd, carry Almond Smash on a regular basis.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 03:21 pm:

I was reminded of a toy I had when I was very young. This was in the mid 1950's. It could not possibly be sold today. At least not here in the US.

I have no idea what it was called. It consisted of a rectangular board. Made out of a material simular to Homasote. But, denser. It had several verious lengths of brightly painted wooden strips,about an 8th of an inch square. And, other geometrically shaped wooden pieces. Each of these had one or two tiny holes drilled for small nails or brads, also provided, that would be used to attach them to the rectangular board to make pictures out of them. And, finally a small child sized hammer which was used, of course, to hammer in the small nails.

You can see why this toy is no longer available. The toy safety people would go absolutely nuts if this was on the market today.

Does anybody know what this toy was called? And, has anyone seen it anywhere?

By Mark on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 02:23 am:

Watcher
    Thanks I have some friends that live in Owings Mills. Hope they can find some.

By The Watcher on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

Owings Mills is not to far from me.

I have seen Alomond Smash at the Reisterstown Road Mars, Shoppers, and Giant supermarkets.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

All right here is another product I can't find.

Starburst Hard Candy.

It just seems to have disappeared.

I can not get to their website. It shows as just a big yellow screen and nothing else.

I can't even find it on hometownfavorites.com.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 06:11 pm:

while we were out at the saloon (yes, the saloon!) watching the ncaa bb final game, some dude sitting at our table busted out these big yellow packages of mexican ghetto candy. stuff tasted like shit.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 06:55 pm:

Ok, here is another product I can not find. I know it is produced locally, but I've never seen it in the stores.

I am specifically looking for a BBQ sauce called "Wass Dis - Here Sauce".

I am not kidding. It is a sauce produced by a small company. My Physical Therapist has been raving about it for weeks. She showed me a bottle another patient brought her so I know it does exist. I just cann't find it anywhere.

By Not tha mama on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:02 pm:

That's not BBQ sauce. That's Worchestershire sauce.

By Harvey Wordman on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 07:07 pm:

By The Watcher on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 12:28 pm:

No in this case it is BBQ sauce.

By The Watcher on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 04:46 pm:

Being as this year is the 60th anneversary of the D Day invasion etc.

I have been trying to find a Vetarens Group/Website for my late father's old unit - the 415th Night Fighter Squadron.

http://www.nmia.com/~valorc/american/patchs/fighter/415nfs.html

I am very doubtful of finding one since they seem to have been one of those units that kept being shifted around alot.

By Lost Confused on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:39 pm:

Anyone know a reliable source for Squirt in the Baltimore area? Mars in Arbutus gets a few 6 packs every few weeks. Never knew they made Ruby Red Squirt, would like to try that.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 03:34 pm:

I have no trouble getting the regular Squirt from either Giant or Shoppers Food Warehouse.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - 03:41 pm:

Here's a toughie.

Does anyone know a Beautician who does shutins work in the northwest part of Baltimore County Maryland?

My wife's Beautician said it was getting to be to much for her. So we've been looking unsuccessfully ever since.

By V on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 09:16 pm:

Hi Sir,,,so nice to see you on line.

By Victor Lapides on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:46 pm:

Re: Almond Smash, my family used to make it, among other soft drinks, beginning in the early 1920's (it was the beginning of Suburban Club in Baltimore). Probably more people comment on it than any other product we made. It was originally franchised out of Philadelphia but as we were the last surviving franchisees by about the 40's-50's, it just became proprietary to us. It's long since had its formula modified, perhaps often, and originally contained amaranth. It's available here and there in the big bottles; I've seen it right near where I live, at a 7/11 at Reisterstown and Slade in Pikesville. It's still pretty good. I sometimes daydream about bottling it in its original form, but the product and name today is owned by Pepsi, who still markets it here in Baltimore and perhaps elsewhere in the tri-state area.

By Madison on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 02:22 pm:

I can confirm. The Mars on Padonia Road in Lutherville, Maryland had Almond Smash in 2 ltr. bottles for $0.99 as their regular everyday price on March 6, 2006.

I haven't found it anywhere else, nor in the more convenient size 20 oz. bottles.

Madison :)

By Nelly on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:53 pm:

somebody bought the Moxie name, I ordered some in cans over the Internet, I drank one, it was awful, I've still got them on top of my refrigerator. The cans look cool. I wanted Frostie root beer really badly, I think the same thing happened to it, I got some (I think they still have it in South Carolina) but it was nothing like the original which was very foamy and sweet but had that rooty undercurrent and was wonderful on a hot day. It was more like diet coke or something - flat, flat, flat.

whatever happened to Nehi grape? and yes I remember those wax bottles too, and the waxy candy lips, and candy cigarettes...

By moonit on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 01:42 am:

I can get you candy cigarettes Nelly :) They still sell 'em in New Zealand.

By V on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 05:40 pm:

...they shut down in England 30 years ago..."Gollywogs" as soft toys went off the shelves 10 years back,and "black boards" no longer exist,we now call them "chalk boards",,,but I regard that as an insult to white people,dont you?

By sarah on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:37 am:

moonit once sent me the most delectible candy from nz. what a treasure. it was so different from standard american candy. i would have kept it just to show it off to other candy lovers, but it was too yummy so i ate it.

maybe we should have another candy exchange.

By sarah on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:42 am:

oh, and they featured Moxie on food tv network just the other day.

also: i know it's a few years after the fact, but i could send the Watcher some vernor's. did you know that was the first, original american ginger ale? it's true! from detroit!

By droopy on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:59 am:

i used to be able to get jamaican ginger ale at fiesta market, but they seem to have stopped carrying it. it wasn't sweet and the jamaican ginger gave it a sharp, peppery taste. i drank it alone and and occasionally as a base for a rye & ginger. i miss it.

my boss often makes roadtrips to the original dr. pepper plant in dublin, texas to stock up on d.p. in old-timey bottles and made with imperial cane sugar. serve with a wedge of lime. ask larry mcmurtry.

By platypus on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:54 pm:

I say yes to a candy exchange.

I'd love to one mailart style, where x number of participants sent in x number of regional candies to a central location, and then everyone got a packet with candy from all over. (Only the packets actually reached their final destination.)

Who's up for it?

By heather on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 02:21 pm:

if we do it mailart style all the candy will be stale

just kidding, agatha *grin*

i wanna do it! [i would even distribute if you'd like]

By Karla on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:30 pm:

I'm in.

By sarah on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 06:37 pm:

yay candy!

By wisper on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 06:57 pm:

I need a candy exchange like you would not believe. I have 2 things ready to send to moonit, but for some reason I'm a bastard and never get to actually asking for her address.

By heather on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 08:08 pm:

everybody email me by april 7?

By agatha on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:29 pm:

OH SNAP! Believe it or not, if I finish everything I should be graduating in May. I promise to think about Mailart again then, but I am wisely sidestepping anything even remotely resembling a promised completion date. But then, you expected that, didn't you?

I would do the candy exchange, but I fear that I would bail on you. Maybe Dave will play.

By Nelly on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:24 pm:

go agatha! keep that nose to the gradstone...

By jack on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:48 pm:

agatha + + + + + + + + + +

By sarah on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 01:32 am:

are candy exchange participants going to mail heather candy and then she's going to randomly send it back out to everyone?

btw, i would like to define candy. in my world, it always contains chocolate. don't nobody send me no lollipops or jawbreakers.

By platypus on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 02:44 am:

Well. Ok then. I guess Heather will take over the organizing, in that case.

By platypus on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 02:47 am:

And your email bounced back at me through the internetsphere. But I am in. On the candy exchanging.

By heather on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 05:12 am:

that is my email, hmmm.

i didn't mean to take over, i just got excited, please take over organizing if you wish.

i thought it might go:
    1- find out how many people
    1b- eat candy
    2- you send however many that is of whatever to wherever some central person
    2b- eat candy
    3- said person divides and sends back to everyone
    3b- eat new exciting candy

By sarah on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 07:31 am:

yes!

By sarah on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 07:32 am:

and also yes, i've been awake the last 6 hours!

By platypus on Saturday, April 1, 2006 - 01:55 pm:

A most splendid scheme, with a caveat: it would be really excellent if people sent out local/regional candy which is hard to get elsewhere. (I, for example, have some awesome chocolate shops locally...)

Because I want to try new, different candy. People like Moonit are at an instant advantage because almost any candy she would contribute is unique to me!

Maybe my email is being a little bitch. It does that, sometimes.

By heather on Wednesday, April 5, 2006 - 11:40 pm:

i have received email from sarah and karla... anyone else?

[i can also forward the info to platy if you'd like]

moonit?
    anyone?

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 01:53 am:

Yes, please forward to the platy. Yes!

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 01:53 am:

Er...platy is meloukhia at gmail dot com, by the way.

By moonit on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 03:30 am:

hurrah! i love candy exchange.

By heather on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 06:51 pm:

i have heard from sarah, karla, platypus and moonit

did i miss anyone?
    wisper?

please list any requests or favorite things for everyone to see, too!

[for instance, i don't eat dark chocolate, but my housemate will]

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 06:56 pm:

Kazu? Sem? Anitgone? Dr. Oop? (You see, the more people I recruit, the more awesome candy I get...)

I am also thinking that international members may want to post their candy earlier than the rest of us, and that we should avoid sending easily melted candy that might ship badly to, say, New Zealand...

[I hate peanuts in chocolate. Hate. Them.]

By lapis on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 07:22 pm:

me? me. me!

agent dot lapis at gmail dot com

By heather on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 07:40 pm:

now:
    me, platypus, sarah, karla, moonit, lapis and wisper

wisper suggests a standard-ish size so things can all fit to be returned, suggestions?

i suggest sending return postage [maybe moonit and wisper can't, that's okay]

candy generally = chocolate, unless we're talking about something special

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 07:44 pm:

That's a good idea, restrict the mailer size so that your stuff can be returned in your mailer. (Maybe a self address mailing label for the return trip, as well).

Perhaps Moonit and Wisper should bribe you with extra candy for return postage...

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 07:45 pm:

For us 'mericans, I know the post office has some standard mailer sizes...

By lapis on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 08:41 pm:

any restictions on candy?

all chocolate, local varieties, no (pea)nuts?

there's a couple of awesome chocolate shops in portland, but nothing's wrapped. do you think it'd be okay going through the mail?

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 09:23 pm:

We have a couple of local chocolate companies that all ship their product, so I think I'll be safe.

Lapis, I would suggest asking the staff if they have products they can recommend for shipping, and if they could wrap them for you (most chocolate shops have wax paper and whatnot around).

I'm betting filled gooey chocolates wouldn't travel well. Just a thought.

Alas, the finest local chocolate product is not legal to ship. People will have to visit me for that.

By agatha on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 09:41 pm:

DAVE DO THIS FOR ME PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

By heather on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 10:29 pm:

i vote we each add one for agatha and send it to her with nothing required in return

on account of the fact that she is so nifty

By platypus on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 10:33 pm:

I vote that we hold Agatha's portion hostage for MAILART.

By Antigone on Thursday, April 6, 2006 - 10:53 pm:

I will only send caffeinated candy.

And peanut butter ginger chews.

By platypus on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 12:04 am:

Oh man, have you had the apple cider ginger chews? Those things are wierd.

I just had a turbo truffle.

I am regretting that decision.

By moonit on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 12:48 am:

i really need to try smores. andrew had some form of smores something and told me how good it was yet did not save me any. dammit.

By droopy on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 01:26 am:

what i know as a "s'more" can't be packaged or mailed anywhere. it only exists when you're out camping and you build a big fire. you get a package of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows, and several bars of chocolate that have been sitting in a backpack getting soft. you spike the marshmallow on some dirty, microbe-covered twig you find on the ground and roast it on the fire until it's gooey and charred; then you make a sandwich using two graham crackers, the chocolate, and the marshmallow. it's also known as cub scout crack.

having said that - i really don't like candy enough to make a candy exchange worth my time. i also wouldn't have the know-how or inclination to find decent candy to send. i also don't have a female sorabjite sugar junky running around my apartment begging me to do this.

let me know when this involves beer.

By platypus on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 01:56 am:

I think Dr. Oop has the right idea. A sorabjite beer exchange is in order.

By moonit on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 02:08 am:

graham crackers? what the heck are they? are they like malt biscuits? apparently it was a hershey's product? he also goes on about skor bars, no idea what they are either.

i think wisper once sent us peeps and dove eggs. he loved the peeps.

ps, i may be getting a puppy. PUPPY POWER.

By platypus on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 02:18 am:

They are probably most similar to digestive biscuits.

Initially, they were made with graham flour, by a crazy minister in the 1800s. Now they are made with wheat flour usually, and sweetened, and cinnamon has added. They are tasty little snackies.

I think the most common brand of them here is Nabisco--and, actually, one of the local chocolatiers makes a chocolate covered graham cracker, maybe I will snag one for you as a bonus candy inclusion.

By heather on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 02:32 am:

By moonit on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 03:26 am:

oh its kinda like a mallowpuff.

righto then.

PUPPY POWER

By platypus on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 03:37 am:

The hershey's smore bar is an abomination.

The hershey company should be ashamed of themselves for propagating such rubbish.

I walked a dog yesterday. It was very interesting.

By droopy on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 03:37 am:

it's kinda like a mallowpuff, but it'll never be a s'more to me.

beer power.

By Karla on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 11:54 am:

Since there's not really any candy that's indigenous to my area, I got candy that is representative of it instead, and I'm enclosing a note that explains how. Some of it's yummy; some not. So sue me. I'm not clear on the logistics, tho. Are we drawing names and sending the stash directly to that person or are we sending it all to Heather and including cash for postage or what?

By J on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 02:31 pm:

How can you send chocolate with out it melting?I would have sent Moonit some years ago if I could figure it out.

By heather on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 04:19 pm:

i have a little cooler that cheese was mailed in, and a freezee thingie, i can forward them that way

if they get squishy she can just put them in the fridge!

you guys are harshing my mellow

By sarah on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 05:32 pm:

agatha, email me your address. please.

there is no candy i'm allergic to. but i hate anything cherry or banana flavored.

By moonit on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 06:08 pm:

remember its coming into winter here, so its colder.
    i love candy so much, but i also love packaging and if it melts i'll still eat it!

By platypu on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 06:56 pm:

I've sent moonit chocolate before, and I don't think there were any problems...

By kazu on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 07:57 pm:

sem and i are going to sit this one out

i hate banana flavored things. also anything orange flavored

when i was a kid i LOVED grape and cherry flavored things

moonie, what kind of puppy? puppies are the best

i love puppies especially MY puppy

remember this:

kazu on Friday, June 4, 2004 - 01:30 pm:

I WANT A FUCKING PUPPY NOW YOU ASSHOLES GIVE ME A PUPPY
    IF I DON'T GET A PUPPY I AM GOING TO CRY AND CRY AND
    NEVER STOP BECAUSE I WANT A PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY
    PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By wisper on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 07:59 pm:

did you get my email heather?

I didn't send moonit any Peeps, because i think Peeps are disgusting. I sent a bunch of things, among them a pack of Cherry Blasters and a Mint Aero bar.

Chocolate shipped shouldn't melt unless it's going to a very warm place.

By wisper on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 08:00 pm:

oh and Reeses Pieces. I sent those too.

By heather on Friday, April 7, 2006 - 08:40 pm:

i did get your email, wisper

By agatha on Saturday, April 8, 2006 - 02:05 pm:

sarahatsyrupdotorg?

You guys are incredibly nice, but it's not fair for me to get candy without giving, and I won't have time to do this until May. I LOVE YOU ALL, THOUGH.

By sarah on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:47 am:

syrupat....

and you're right, it's not fair. but life's not fair so get over it.

By moonit on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 04:55 am:

okay, whats going on, come on, candy candy I WANT CANDY

By platypus on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 05:02 am:

What's the final total on participants, so I can get posting?

By heather on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 06:13 am:

me, platypus, sarah, karla, moonit, lapis and wisper
    send for agatha

total = 8 so send for 7

we can set a date for around 2 weeks from now so moonit has more time.

i will forward the address.

if anyone else wants in, now is the time to say so.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact