No Persian Rugs for Me

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: No Persian Rugs for Me
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 03:15 pm:

By eri on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

That's just plain sick. There are better ways to contol animal overpopulation, but that is just awful.

By semillama on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 06:23 pm:

Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil
    If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will
    To see her is to take a sudden chill
    Cruella,Cruella De Vil.

The curl of her lips, the ice in her stare
    All innocent children have better beware
    She's like a spider waiting for the kill
    Look out for Cruella De Vil.

At first you think Cruella is the devil
    But after time has worn away the shock
    You come to realize,You've see her kind of eyes
    Watching you from underneath a rock.

This vampire bat, this in human beast
    She ought to be locked up and never released
    The world was such a whole-some place
    Until...
    Cruella,Cruella De Vil!

This vampire bat, this inhuman beast
    She ought to be locked up and never released
    The world was such a whole-some place
    Until...
    Cruella, Cruella De Vil!

If she doesn't scare you no evil thing will
    Cruella, Cruella De Vil.

At first you think Cruella is the devil
    But after time has worn away the shock
    You come to realize, You've seen her kind of eyes
    Watching you from underneath a rock.

If she doesn't scare you no evil thing will
    Cruella, Cruella De Vil.

By heather on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 07:57 pm:

i say

if you eat meat, you shouldn't care

By wisper on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 08:34 pm:

indeed.
    like dogs and cats are special or better than cows or foxes...

By eri on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 08:41 pm:

Then you misunderstand why I eat meat and why I was a vegetarian for years.

By heather on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 09:42 pm:

not really

i misunderstand why you care more about cat
    and dogs than other animals, they're generally
    a lot less interesting.

By kazoo on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 10:11 pm:

When I was in junior high I had a shop teacher who had a dog-hair sweater. true story, his wife used to knit them from the dog's fur. no skins, just fur. Anyway, his wife was our long term spanish substitute when our Spanish teacher wasn't allowed to leave Venezuela when he fell violently ill and she had the most rancid body odor.

By spunky on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 10:13 pm:

less interesting to you maybe.

By eri on Thursday, May 8, 2003 - 10:56 pm:

I don't find cats or dogs more important than any other animal. I didn't eat any meat because of that very thing for years. I still have to force myself to eat any form of meat. It makes me sick just to touch it. I hate it.

I don't have a choice. I have explored every dietary option with two different dieticians. Not to mention my doctors. I have tried every supplement to make my body sustain itself, but it doesn't, no matter what I do.

So I choke down something that despises me, because the alternative for my health is significantly worse. I know a lot of people have called this a cop out, but they don't understand that I am not normal. Never have been, and probably never will be.

Ask Spunky how many times I will cook a nice meal for the family and then sit and eat the side dishes and not the meat. I do it all of the time, until I start losing weight again, and then I pay for it the next 6 months to a year.

By heather on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:29 pm:

heyheyhey

i'm sorry to have struck such a nerve. i am by
    no means saying that you're a bad person.

i eat meat. it just doesn't strike me as *worse*
    to treat one kind of animal differently than
    another.

would i eat animals if i had to kill them
    myself? i don't know.

choosing exactly what you eat is a
    tremendous modern luxury.

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:35 pm:

"I will cook a nice meal for the family and then sit and eat the side dishes and not the meat."

Then cook a meat alternative and eat that. There are many to choose from, and even places to get them in your area.

By patrick on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

meat substitutes are often better than meat themselves.

You can get what you need, without eating meat. Im just not buying what any dietician says.

Whole Foods though is expensive as fuck tiggy.
    Most regular grocery stores have nature burgers, "chik" patties in the frozen section.

I know nico, when she worked at wellspring, a whole foods comepetitor used to buy in bulk, nature burger mix. Basically like an oatmeal mix. a little water, a little oil and voila you have yourself a high in nutrient/protein meat substitute.

it aint easy to not eat meat eri, but heather has a very logical point.

By eri on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

Already tried the meat alternatives. Still dropped weight like mad. When I drop weight my immune system turns to shit. Spent most of my adult life sick in one way or another.

Eating meat semi-regularly for the past 5 years (I cut out the meat alternatives about 3 years ago)I have finally gained weight and don't fight my immune system all of the time. I am dealing with the body issues of all of the extra pounds, but am enjoying my health for once.

By Antigone on Friday, May 9, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

You can shop cheaply at whole foods, you've just got to buy the right stuff. You've got it right with the bulk items. That's about all I get fromt there.

"Already tried the meat alternatives. Still dropped weight like mad."

Don't know what to tell ya, eri.

By The Watcher on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

eri,

"I'm not normal". You mean you actually believe there is such a thing as "Normal".

I've never met a "normal" human being in my life.

There is simply no such thing.

By eri on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

I meant biologically normal, not sanity normal. My body doesn't work like other's do without a health reason to link to it's weirdness. That's all.

I never claimed that there was a normal in forms of sanity, because reality is different for every person out there.

The realities of how normal human bodies work just isn't there for me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact