How male or female is your brain?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: How male or female is your brain?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:48 pm:

Take the tests

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/news/page/0,12983,937443,00.html

oh my god.

EQ 22
    "Most people with Asperger Syndrome or high functioning autism score around 20"

SQ 45
    "Most people Asperger Syndrome or high fucntioning autism score between 40-50"

"Please note that psychological test scores are not diagnostic. If you score in the low E range, this is by no means an indicator that you have any kind of problem."

Interesting though...upon taking the first EQ test, I was very wishy washy in my answering...i have such a hard time with true/false and agree/disgree types of tests. im a little more subjective than that...so, throughout the first test i tended to answer nearly everything with either "slightly agree" or "slightly disagree" trying to ride the median...thus, my weenie of a score.

Naturaly, feeling a dope, on the second SQ test, I was a little more decisive....still sounding like a dope.

Im going to go play in traffic now.

By Gender bender on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

i bend with the wind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

By patrick on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:27 pm:

you gotta cut and paste the link there kids.

By Garry glitter on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

do you wanna be in my gang,oh yea.

By Spider on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 03:25 pm:

Ha ha, Patrick.

My scores:

EQ - 50
    33-52 = You have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and responding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivity. Most women score about 47 and most men about 42.

SQ - 28
    20-39 = You have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system. Systemizing is the drive to analyse and explore a system, to extract underlying rules that govern the behaviour of a system; and the drive to construct systems. On average women score about 24 and men score about 30.

I have qualms about the way the tests were constructed.

By Spider on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 03:26 pm:

By eri on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 04:04 pm:

I scored a 64, in the highest bracket, but wasn't able to copy it for some reason. Apparently I am able to make people feel comfortable is ALL situations and understand them at all times, and the average score for most women is 47, and most men 42. Cool. I always said I was an empathic reader and this said that I am (basically).

By Real cheap hooker on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 07:31 pm:

i score more than enny one.

By JboxR on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:14 am:

18 EQ. ouch!

By semillama on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

EQ 34, SQ 29. pretty average.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact