Playing cards

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Playing cards
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lapis on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

When I have those who enjoy cards around me, I am a total fanatic. Maybe it's genetic, but I enjoy playing tripoly, rummy, hearts and poker and countless games of solitaire.

Then there's other uses. The divining. Every so often I pick up my deck that I've got written definitions on. Occasionally I find a card lying on the ground all by it's lonesome, always face down.

Today I found one. Slightly chewed, run over, one corner seperated into two layers and folded over. The back is red with a pattern of ferns and two dolphins in the center. Red. Other side reveals the standard jack of hearts.

Does anyone know what the jack of hearts means or will I have to look it up?

By Nate on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 06:45 pm:

ha!

you planning on visiting your sister any time soon?

By Lapis on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

Me sis?

No, I'll be riding the 'hound. She'll have to live without a visit.

By Lapis on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 06:43 am:

I went to the Paragon tonight after work, stopping at home for a change of clothes. Drank two Cape Codders, sang "Fever" "Personal Jesus" and a request of "Red Rubber Ball" (which is at the lowest end of my range at the low notes so I had to skip around, not my best but I always enjoy performing requests) and danced with Maria and tall crazy redheaded Rebecca.

I went because I ran into Crazy Pete while working tonight, he said he'd be there and I miss my sometimes kissing comrade. He's a good man, a little off beat but if someone has their own drum at least they're prepared to please themselves.

I broke my fast from lip-touching (not such a terrible fast, two and a half weeks? Do party kisses count because those were drunken party kisses) in the most utterly casual manner of goodbye darling friend kisses. Walked home.

Across the street from where I found the Jack of Hearts, I found the King of Spades. Faceup. Same deck. Not nearly as chewed. There's a point where no crease or tear is visible but it feels split.

Funny now. I could divine the cards to represent people instead of feelings. What is going to happen, though, and when is what I really want to know. Where do I go from here?

Curiouser and curiouser.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact