I need closet space.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I need closet space.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:06 pm:

wow, this is so boring.

Right now Rowlf and i share a basement room. It keeps our rent ungodly low (under $200 each) but the cramped space is starting to drive me batty.

There's no closet down here, so i just have my dresser. Because of this i also have a clothes pile, something i haven't had since highschool. Yep, a big old pile-up of clean clothes in front of the drawers. It's not pretty, and makes everything hard to find and wrinkled.

BUT
    when our current crap-ass housemate leaves in September, his room will be up for grabs. I could take the room and use it's ample closet space, and use the room for toy collection storage. Maybe move my drafting table up there to take advantage of the natural light. Whatever.
    It would get rid of all the stress of having another housemate.
    It would also more than double my rent, taking it to the $300+ mark. (Don't mock me and my poverty!)

Is it worth going broke for storage space?
    I never thought it would be so important, but living in a cave is getting to me.

So anyone with storage/living without a closet advice.... lay it on me quick. I've got to figure it out before september.

By Spider on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 11:32 pm:

Do you have room for another dresser? Is there anything you can do with the space you already have to fit in some kind of clothing receptacle? Can you buy an armoire or something? Better to pay $$$ for something you'll use forever in one lump sum than $$ for time indefinite.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 09:46 am:

Three words: wall length shelves.

By TBone on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:14 pm:

My owner and I recently moved from a one-bedroom apartment to a two bedroom one... (and saved $100/month!)

It's so, so nice to have an extra room for desks and bookshelves and storage. But going broke is no good. You might just switch rooms if it has closet space and stuff.

And wall length shelves are good, too. When I lived in the microcave, my roommate turned one of his walls into shelves with cinderblocks and boards. Later, I got stuck with the cinderblocks while trying to move, but the shelves helped keep his stuff off the tiny, tiny floor. He also had a big, heavy armoire. which I also inherited. and that I'd gladly give to you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact