Rocket Man

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Rocket Man
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Platypus on Thursday, November 25, 2004 - 02:09 pm:

She packed my bags, last night, pre-flight, zero hour, 9am.
    And I`m gonna be high...
    As a kite by then.......

This morning I woke up to the strains of Jazzercise from the community centre. I wandered over in the wet fog in my pajamas, to listen, and there they were. An army of middle aged women sweating in the roller skating rink, with piles of canned food everywhere as some sort of benefit for the food bank. I wandered off into the ghostly morning again, feeling that my cherry festooned pajama pants and Google shirts were not appropriate Jazzercise apparel.

Underneath me the landlord's family has descended for Thanksgiving, and they are very present. Small children run, screaming, through the house, rattling my floors from below, and causing the cats to cringe. The washer and dryer are going all the time now, murmers over the turkey drift up through the floor and into my bedroom. Yesterday in the height of my flurry I was forced to endure inane introductions and finally bolted upstairs at a break in the conversation, citing "laundry or something."

All the cats are sick, with varying degrees of action required on my part. Mr Shadow gets a pill twice a day for his dermatitis. Loki gets panacur in the morning for his irritable bowel, and I have to clean the litterbox constantly. Mr Bell is going in to get his ear lanced again in the morning.

Sometimes, I wonder, you know, what I'm doing here. The problem with coming back to your hometown is that everywhere you go, faces accuse you of failure. I have great plans for next year, which are gently unfolding like a parachute behind me, but I'm afraid they might fail so I don't want to jinx them by awknowledging their existance, most of the time. I love being here, but I see now that it was too early to come back again, that I didn't leave enough of a break, to let people forget who I was, who I was supposed to be, what I was going to become. Who I should have been.

My father went up to Oregon for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend, up to her sister's. This is the first Thanksgiving in a very long time I haven't had with him. Most years I travelled, sometimes across the country, to have Thanksgiving. One year we did a Japanese theme, I remember, and I made enough sushi for thirty people. One year we went Greek, another Chinese. This year I'm going to the house of an old friend, and we're having a vegan Thanksgiving extravaganza. It will be good to see old friends again--all of us orphans will be there. I made maple-pecan cookies which came out very well, and will be bringing those.

Sometimes I really do wonder, don't you?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact