If you think the Titanic disaster was bad

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: If you think the Titanic disaster was bad
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 2, 2004 - 03:34 pm:

Try reading this.

The Lusitania

I've been reading it and this is a real horror.

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:26 am:

...Never be afraid to try something new.Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

By The Watcher on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 07:29 pm:

The point I was trying to make was one of suffering.

In the case of the Titanic it took two hours for the ship to sink. And, the tremendous loss of life was pretty much due to the stupidity of the prevailing attitudes of the time. One being that if something happened other ships would be close enough to rescue every one in time hence not enough life boats. The other that the ship was incapable of sinking so why bother getting in a life boat.

In the Lusitania's case this happened after the Titanic went down so there wasn't as much of that attitude so Cunard had provided enough life boats but the dafits were old technology and the crew was not up to normal standards, the result of the war. The ship was deliberiatly sunk by a U-Boat. It only took 18 minutes for the ship to sink. Panick struck a lot more of the passengers and crew as compared to Titanic. The way the ship went down and it's speed prevented the life boats from being effectively lowered. Many were destroyed in the process.

By V on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 03:00 pm:

...how many die?

By V on Saturday, December 4, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

The Watcher,v is not being morbid,I just dont know how many die.You have info?

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 06:28 pm:

By V on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 03:35 pm:

...Wow,thats lots.

By Mentalist on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:38 am:

do you know when it started to sink

By Nate on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:29 pm:

before it hit the iceberg.

no wait, after. after it hit the iceberg.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact