Just so you know

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Just so you know
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By cat on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 08:36 am:

I can input my name with a small letter but I choose not to. It only took me five years and a teensy bit of help to work it out (like someone explaining it three times), but I can decapitalise. Just so you know.

By nate on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 12:19 pm:

same here.

By semillama on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 12:58 pm:

someone told me how to do it. now i do it without thinking.

By heather on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:43 pm:

whee!

*teehee*

drugs are cool

[only being lower case so it won't look like V wrote this, though
    why it matters i have no idea.]

i live at a freaking zoo

By dROOPY on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 03:12 pm:

i consider my "screen name" an adjective, not a proper noun, and capitalizing it seems overly emphatic.

go heather.

By heather on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 03:42 pm:

wanna come over? it's a really great day

By Antigone on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 05:25 pm:

My colon hates me.

By lapis on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 01:04 am:

wheeeee!

just got out of dress rehersal for our big friday night performance, one girl quit and decided not to tell anyone so we had to look at every song and rechoreograph.... plus two girls were sick so we didn't have them there either.....

again:

wheeeeee!

By dave. on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:21 am:

my sinuses are all messed up and i'm having a hayfever attack. from real hay, which i just had to feed to the guinea pigs.

so i'm sneezing and blowing my nose and a few moments later there's this little "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" noise coming from inside my melon.

and yeah, it's mighty uncomfortable.

By moonit on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:24 am:

I have a cold. I hate snot.

By jinx on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 02:33 am:

my cat is insanely jealous of my laptop

she gets all bent out of shape when i'm
    typing.

right i'm lying on the couch and I can feel
    her little paws trying to dig under the computer
    or reach around and grab my fingers

By droopy on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 03:04 am:

i have been plagued by edema in the legs for the past couple of weeks and my cat feels i spend too much time on my computer and not enough catering to her every need.

By Cat on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 09:09 am:

This thread is not about singing melons or jellus cats. *stomp* Can we please just stick to capitalisation. Thank you.

There should be more of it. The capitalisation - not the melonous cats.

Capital punishment for non-capitalisation.

By Cat on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 09:09 am:

It looks like there should be an "a" on edema. Or maybe an "o".

By patrick on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 01:55 pm:

my lungs did not capitalize on the air quality this weekend in los angeles.

i have to capitalize on recent forturnes to get me and my daughter out of this pit, or to a house on the beach.

salty air sounds so good right now.

By heather on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:02 pm:

i'm imagining dave in the middle of a field, unloading a giant
    pile of hay from an open-bed truck surrounded by thousands of
    guinea pigs.

guinea pig farmer

unexpected effects have lingered, i feel wonderful and all is right
    in the world, as long as i don't think about much.

By TBone on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:14 pm:

On Saturday, my top teeth hurt. Saturday night, by nose started producing ludicrous quantities of watery thin snot. More than I could really handle. After around 18 hours of this, it stopped abruptly.

I figured out how to non-capitalize on my own, but choose not to. I consider the first two letters to be the correct capitalization of my handle.

By Gee on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 09:18 am:

I cannot be bothered with non-capping my name, but that is because I am losing interest in the effort it takes to press extra keys. it is easier for me to type gee in all lowercase and have it come out looking normal, than to make the effort for a non-capped name.

I have decided that it is a good thing I live in Toronto. because if I live in Toronto and I go on vacation to another city where the air is (probably) cleaner, I can spend my vacation feeling light and refreshed, and when I come home I will adjust after a few days to the pollution in the air. if I live in another city with cleaner air and I vacation in Toronto, I will spend my whole vacation bogged down by the smog and the sickness in the air, and won't have any fun at all.

that's my conclusion.

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 10:29 am:

TBone, do you eat much citrus? Take any vitamin C?

By TBone on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 10:38 am:

I popped a multivitamin, but scurvy seems unlikely.

By TBone on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 11:32 am:

That is to say, I eat citrus on occasion, and enjoy my leafy greens.

Arr!

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

Arr!

By patrick on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 12:24 pm:

*unrelated*
    i cant find the thread regarding Mike Doughty, but wisper, if you get this message in time (approximately (2:20pm EST), and go here
    http://www.kcrw.org/grid/
    he is playing a live set on the local radio. it will be archived later on the site. so you can always get it later. They usually have video too.

By wisper on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 02:30 pm:

aww thank you patrick :)
    he is so witty and cute.

Just so you know, I've never laughed as hard at this place as i did when this happened
    It was so simple.
    This thread reminded me.

By TBone the cocksmoker on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 02:46 pm:

I was thinking of that thread too.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:40 pm:

i was listening to live feed and he starts talking about how much of a convert of downloaded music he is and just how blown away he's been with the whole concept and how cool the fans have been and i was hoping for a second he was going to mention how some cool chick in toronto came up and gave him money for her downloaded music. but he didnt. so...oh well.

i like his voice, i like the music alright. i liked soul coughing in a mild sense. i had the first record but didnt really pursue anything after that.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 03:40 pm:

i was listening to live feed and he starts talking about how much of a convert of downloaded music he is and just how blown away he's been with the whole concept and how cool the fans have been and i was hoping for a second he was going to mention how some cool chick in toronto came up and gave him money for her downloaded music. but he didnt. so...oh well.

i like his voice, i like the music alright. i liked soul coughing in a mild sense. i had the first record but didnt really pursue anything after that.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 03:08 am:

Czarina is always capitalized.

By Daniel ssss on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:14 pm:

my god, i'm gone for two years and look what happens. droop is back with edema; cz is always capped; cat no longer has rosecolored wallpaper; anti's colon is; hey i though cz and me we were like goners. i've heard rumors I Exist. i'm going to nola in a month. hey. and puce is a shitty color thank you. really, hello to you all.

By eri on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:55 pm:

Hello. We have missed you. Trolls have all but ruined this site. Have fun!

By Daniel ssss on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 12:00 am:

Yes, so I see. I trust you & yrs are all well.

By eri on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:18 am:

We're doing allright. Last day of school over, sanity hopefully to return soon.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:45 am:

Aha my son who teaches ESL to illiterate Pakistani kids has two more half days, then a few days with his brother and mother in FLorida on beach, then off to Germany for two months. My other son his brother is going to help me this summer on the house, while attending to an internship in international studies development for a community college district, before returning to last year in university (we hope). Sanity will not return in my life until I see the beach in late June. Speaking in New Orleans June 22-25 with downtime scheduled at Carillon Beach FL the week after. I was beginning to think sorabjites forgot me. I've spottily checked in to read but not posted in such a long time. Have a safe weekend.

By eri on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 12:47 pm:

You have a safe weekend too. Summer has started, but sanity probably will not ensue until after the in-laws complete their visit next weekend. That and all the work I have to do around here keep me busy. When school starts back up in the fall I will probably not know what to do with myself anymore.

By semillama on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 06:26 pm:

weird. Daniel SSSS has been jizzmopped. Is that the real one?

By platypus on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:02 pm:

I had noticed that as well. Fascinating.

By Cat on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:22 pm:

I never had rose-coloured wallpaper.

It's important you all know that since I believe it is actually a crime in some parts of France.

By Cat on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

Oh and Jizzmop is silly and most rude.

By platypus on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 07:24 pm:

So is being a troll.

By wisper on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 08:24 pm:

you wouldn't say that if you'd been around the past 6 months, cat.

By Cat on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 02:30 am:

I've never really been able to leave the boards for any great length of time. I blame it on the black background with lurking bright whiteness of text. And I still say it. We're all trolls here.

By Antigone on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:02 pm:

The mop can be a bit broad. It blocks folks posting from a couple of AOL proxies, for example. I could make it more picky, but then someone could avoid it just by changing their handle.

Troll activity seems to be down, though.

Also, we need a SorabjiFest.

By Spider on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:23 pm:

I think I'm getting my 13th cold. Either that, or my sinuses have independently decided to start sending fluid down the back of my throat for the fun of it.

What is this Jizzmop of which you speak?

By jack on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:44 pm:

"Troll activity seems to be down, though."

well, i guess it was until i came back and the trollbots upshifted accordingly....sorry about that. i hear the sound of a bunch of jizzmops working overtime.

By Antigone on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 04:58 pm:

Jizzmop is a javascript plugin I wrote for Firefox that edits out certain posts from sorabji threads. (mostly from V, Dodi, and Agent D)

By droopy on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 05:29 pm:

i thought posts seem to be disappearing.

By Antigone on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 05:42 pm:

The plugin only works if you install it on your computer. It's not trivial to do, so you'd know it if you had. :) If you want I can e-mail it to you and help you install it.

By droopy on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 06:02 pm:

so posts haven't been disappearing, my brain cells have.

i don't need jizz mopped, thank you.

if jizz be the food of strife, jizz on;
    give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
    the appetite may sicken, and so die.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:30 am:

It is the real one, aint been mopped that I know of. Why edit me out? hmmm.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:32 am:

and Cat, didn't you have roses on your wall paper? Seems I recall that.

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 01:54 am:

You've been mopped because you're posting from an AOL proxy that V and Agent D both used for a while. They might not be using it now, though.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 08:41 am:

I did get "it's a private posting area " msg this morning, but seems okay through the back door I always use.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact