Meet me at Lavender Bay.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Meet me at Lavender Bay.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Cat on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 11:03 pm:

"Meet me at the first sculpture in Lavender Bay."

That's what I want to say to someone, anyone right now.

It sounds wildly romantic. Much more so than arranging to meet someone at the top of the Empire State Building, where they will be cranky and sweaty after 45 minutes in a queue and zapped by XRays which are supposed to keep us all safe but will probably cancerise soft warm places.

You really should come to Lavender Bay. It's cool and secret. Brett Whiteley once lived there and painted beautiful pictures and left sculptures for us to meet at.

By droopy on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 11:53 pm:

By Antigone on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 12:22 am:

You silly girl. ;)

By Cat on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 12:38 am:

The Boom Room sounds like fun.

By droopy on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:01 am:

apparently, no one else thought so. it closed down a few months ago and reopened as "tiff & andies" (two girls who used to work there as waitresses and bought the place). i work on bluebonnet circle not far from it. (no business is far from any other business on bluebonnet circle.)

By Cat on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:12 am:

Bluebonnet Circle sounds like a nice place to meet.

Shame about the Boom Room.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:25 am:

I'll be at the Kimbell tomorrow.

By droopy on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:51 am:

it was a nice place to meet today - we had our first "first saturday". it's a fair/open flea market that we're trying to make a tradition. bluebonnet circle, by the way, is a traffic circle (roundabout) with a little park in the middle not far from the local college (tcu) campus.

tiff and andie cooked burgers.

what's going on at the kimbell right now? unless your just going for the hell of it. there's some exhibit i'm supposed to see at 'the modern' - i've got a cousin who works there and keeps me on the inside track.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 02:10 am:

Nah, just going because my sister is in town. She wants to see the new building. We were going to take the trinity rail, but it don't run on sundays. Fuckers.

By droopy on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 02:48 am:

[looking at my train schedule pamphlet]. huh. you're right. still going? doesn't she wanna see the cowgirl museum? everybody's sister always wants to see the cowgirl museum.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 10:11 am:

Yeah, we're still going. Going to be there about 1pm. And my sister grew up here, so she don't need to see no chick shitkicker shack. :P

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 10:46 am:

"Meet me at the chick shitkicker shack" sounds all the more american.

By Antigone on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 12:36 pm:

I got screwed in the Kimbell modern parking lot. Ginormous screw embedded itself in the front passenger tire of my car. It was flat when we pulled out of the lot.

Had to change a tire in 102 degree heat.

The modern was fun, though. My 20 month old nephew has started talking. He knows three words. Everything round is "ball!" Every color is "yellow!" Every vehicle is "truck!" There was a scale model yellow VW bug in the museum store. He had a fit of joy. :)

By droopy on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 02:32 pm:

i can't believe there isn't a bar around here somewhere called "the shitkicker shack".

women in chaps turn me on. epecially ones with lariats who can rope and hog-tie me.

"Meet me at the first sculpture in Lavender Bay. I'll have my chaps and a rope, you naughty little dogie."

and now we're back in australia.

i wouldn't mind lying on the grass in lavender bay right now, with or without rope.

By Cat on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 07:18 pm:

I tie very girlie knots but they'll still hold a dirty rotten varmit.

Today we would have to meet on my front lawn because I'm not going anywhere.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact