myt thromb tomus

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: myt thromb tomus
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 02:13 am:

whatever that means.

today i wrote an email to a field manager. the field manager wrote an email to my boss's boss, in which he explained that he had never been so insulted in his life. my boss's boss forwarded it to my boss, who wrote an apology to the field manager.

1. it felt like the morale equivelant of a kick in the nuts.

2. i failed to ask my boss if i should never write an email like that again, or if the email was ok and his apology was just a part of the process.

3. i think i am climbing up into the corporate strata beyond where i am comfortable. again.

By dave. on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 04:02 am:

dude, follow up on #2.

regarding #3, i know for a fact that i do not want to climb the chain in my company. i'm now a "yellow belt" (grasshopper) in lean six sigma because the corp decided all employees would be.

2 b 1 ask 1.

hey, brother. have you heard the good news? dividends is lord! pass it on.

By sarah on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 09:58 am:

bottom rum myths ?

By sarah on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 10:04 am:

i'm annoyed on your behalf just reading about shit like that.

if you really did fuck up with that email and it's your first offense, a good boss will publicly take your side, then privately speak to you about the matter.

but it's really all bullshit anyway.

boss is one of those words that if you say a bunch of times in a row sounds like gibberish.

By semillama on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 10:26 am:

being a manager seems to suck more than it is awesome.

Yeah, the pay is nice, but the stress? gah.

I have to wonder if I would work better in a more developed corporate system, rather than in the make it up as you go along one I am in now.

I just don't know.

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:06 pm:

i don't mean to climb, dave. fuck. i hate the corporate world. i don't know why i do this to myself.

no, i don't think i fucked up. the field manager just thinks he is better than me. he wrote me a patronizing email and i responded in a similar tone, retaining the unnecessary cc: list that he created.

he said things like:

"Your point is well taken and if we were going to stand on principle, I would agree with you 100%"

"There are larger issues to consider as well"

"So, while I appreciate your point of view, Nate, I'm going to respectfully ask that you reconsider your position."

ok, dad, so you know better and you're going to educate me. except, all his larger issues were things i'd taken into consideration.

so, i responded with:

"The only principle I’m standing on is pragmatism."

and went on to explain why all his larger issues weren't actually larger issues, and that the cost v. return of what he was requesting didn't really make sense.

fucker.

i don't know why i'm babbling about this. i wanted my boss to tell him to go fuck himself. or at least, tell him that if he has a problem with me he should take it up with me.

i like my boss. he's generally very good at managing people like me. but he doesn't stand up for our department. we're supposed to be expert in what we do, and yet anyone else has more say.

i have a pain in my side, inside. it started off dull and is slowly getting worse. i'm going to the doctor this afternoon to get it checked out.

last night i went to sleep with hopes that it would require surgery. just to justify some time away from the world. sick.

By sarah on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:11 pm:

christ. now i'm going to worry about you having apendicitis and being rushed to the hospital and crap like that.

if you're worry about jackasses like that, it's time to start looking for a new job.

By sarah on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:12 pm:

must. cut. down. on. caffeine.

By droopy on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:20 pm:

fuck the corporate ladder.

i'm sorry you have to put up with bullshit, nate, but threads like this make me happy that i'm an underachiever. when i went to work yesterday, my boss was training a new employee for the business we're opening next door: a young college girl in a black mini-skirt and a black top with the words "juicy splendor" written in shiny gold lettering over her chest.

By kazu on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:28 pm:

I read droop's post as "fuck the corporate bladder"

I'm glad you're getting your ouchie looked at.

By platypus on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 12:34 pm:

I must say, I greatly enjoy being in a position utterly without power and authority. It's all about being the underachiever. Because, while I actually like the company I work for right now, and want them to do well, and work reasonably hard for them...I can also just walk away one day, and it wouldn't matter.

Being in management doesn't look or sound very pleasant at all.

I'm sorry the field manager is an ass, Nate. Good luck with your doctor adventures.

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 01:28 pm:

it isn't apendicitis, sarah. a friend of mine had apendicitis about six months ago. totally different.

juicy splendor.

juicy splendor.

juicy splendor.

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 06:21 pm:

aside from a fever and a virus in my sinuses, nothing exciting.

i asked the doc for a prescription of juicy splendor, but he couldn't do that for me.

gas. probably just gas.

By droopy on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 06:46 pm:

you won't find juicy splendor in your sterile corporate world where everything is digitized or made of chemical compounds. it's out here in the grubby, underfunded, average to below world - an all natural, roadside product ripe, firm, and bursting with goodness that is waiting for you, nate, to pluck it and eat it.

By heather on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 07:49 pm:

juicy splendor

By heather on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 07:51 pm:

i am trying to get back into an office, where they pay you with money instead of dirt and scratches.

the bs that everyone shares in this job-getting process gives me a stomach-ache.

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 07:58 pm:

heather, i read "office" as "orifice".

droop, maybe i'll move to the metroplex. is juicy splendor guaranteed?

By heather on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 08:13 pm:

of course you did

By Nate on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 09:36 pm:

yeah, i know, makes sense.

By TBone on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 09:02 pm:

Speaking of:

I had a job interview Friday. Management, of a sort. It'd be at the University. 3-4 student programmers to wrangle. I didn't get much of a feel for my chances of actually getting the job, though. I hate interviews by comittee.

I could really go for working somewhere with an indoor temperature of less than 80 degrees, and with an ambient noise level that didn't make me want to throw myself through the window.

I wore my suit for the second time. Halloween doesn't count.

By TBone on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 09:06 pm:

I'm going to respectfully ask for juicy splendor.

By Czarina on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:52 am:

I've finally learned not to bring ANY work woes home with me.

There are actually multitudes of jobs out there.Don't misunderstand me, They may not be jobs I'd prefer, but there ARE jobs that would keep me from starving to death.[alas, they wouldn't keep me in my current lifestyle, but regardless, they are there]

I think this has helped me in my work-force.No one fucks with me, they know I simply won't be bothered with hospital BS.

I know where the door is, and I won't hesitate to use it.They know this,too.

I am definately alot happier since I adopted this attitude.

Maybe I just act like I am better than the other workplace morons, and they are intimidated.[I'm not really better,of course] But if they are tricked into thinking so, I become a valuable commodity.

So far this strategy has worked. Nobody messes with me, and when I walk out the door from work, I don't think about it, untill I walk back in.

He he, that positive attitude fools them every time.

By lapis on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 05:16 pm:

czarina! awesome!

on a similar note, after nearly 6 years, i gave notice today. 2-2.5 months' notice, but notice regardless.

it feels good.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 01:15 am:

Congratulations!

By lapis on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 01:41 am:

thank you.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 01:56 am:

I can't imagine working anywhere for six years. Usually job exhaustion and boredom sets in after a year or so, if not less. What a creepy thought, to be somewhere six years. Woah. How much more liberating it must feel after all that time.

By lapis on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 02:00 am:

i've been thinking about quitting for the last five, without a plan until now.

By droopy on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 02:01 am:

i don't know if it's all the drugs, but i think i just saw jimmy kimmel get bitten by a big-ass rattle snake on his show. let me know if this turns out to be reality.

that would be a bad day at work.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 09:52 am:

apparently it was faked to lead into an interview with a doctor on another tv show.

or something. i'm a pop culture retard. though in my convelescence i've become addicted to joan of arcadia.

today is day 11 of fever. i'm beginning to doubt the doctor's prognosis on my side pain. i'll see him again today for a different set of HMO lies.

still looking for juicy splendor.

By Karla on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 12:25 pm:

I've been at my job for 22 years.

By TBone on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 02:46 pm:

I think I've been here for about 6 years too. I'm trying to get out.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 07:07 pm:

Five and counting, and starting to get itchy.

By Czarina on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 11:25 am:

Nate, I hope you went back to the doctor.Your description of side pain with fever could be signifigant. You could have a strangulated hernia, which would require immediate surgery.Please retuen to the MD and have that side pain checked out.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 06:29 pm:

i've been back. he put me on antibiotics, basically because he no other idea. the doctor seems uninterested in the side pain. he basically said that if the antibiotics don't beat the fever in three or four days, i should come back.

i'm not a doctor, which makes me hesitate to assert myself with the man. but i figure that if you don't know the cause of a 11 day fever (now 12 day), you should probably narrow it down before prescribing a fix.

By droopy on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 01:43 am:

i've always gotten the impression that every doctor i go to can't wait to get me the hell out of his office. even though they generally make me wait a half an hour in the outer waiting room only to call my name and then stick me in an examination room for another 20 minutes before I see anybody.

today at work my boss came in with a box from an auction - one of those boxes of mystery items with some general title (wood items) that you see at auctions. She left it with me and told me to look through it to see if there's anything interesting in it.

there was. two were two small (4'') wooden statues of two men - one looked kind of african, the other kind of asian - peeing standing up. except where the urine was supposed to come out, there was a corkscrew. The other was a bottle opener in the shape of this naked wild man wearing a barrel over the lower part of his body. when you pick it up, the barrel lifts up and and exposes a huge, spring loaded penis, testicles dangling from string, all in a patch of black hair. i told mickie i'd take them off her hands.

i came across an interesting guy coming home today. i live downtown, and when i get to the downtown bus station i roll myself the rest of the way home, which is several blocks. Anyway, when i got to the jones & 6th intersection, there was a guy on the other side of the street (the side i would be crossing to) sitting on the corner with a huge boom box. he was black, had a pointy beard, sunglasses, no shirt. he was sitting with his back resting against a telephone pole facing the 6th st. traffic. marvin gaye's "what's goin' on?" was blasting full volume from his boom box; in fact, before i saw him, i though that there was a festival going on somewhere. when the light changed, i crossed over to where he was. i smiled and said "hello". he struck me as the kind of guy who'd give me a hearty greeting and call me "brother" or something. but he barely acknowledged me except to move some stuff out of my way and go back to watching the street.

he didn't even ask me what was goin' on.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:04 pm:

Cultural moron.

He should loose his Marvin Gaye listening privileges.

And,he should have to move to a less trafficked corner.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:13 pm:

Nate, you're right, he should investigate why you have a fever.Did he do blood work? Tell him if you are having any changes in your bowel habits,less amout, frequency etc.Any nausea?Any changes could be signifigant.

If it is an incarcerated hernia, it is life threating. Please be insistent with him, or get another opinion.Maybe even a trip to an ER if necessary.Good luck.

By V on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 02:55 pm:

droopy,not all old black guys are gurus,some are assholes,v tends to think 1% are true Shamen....you agree or not?...v tends to think the guy you saw was on acid or something,...you know,pisses me off that any person can ignore you,I dont,ever.You are very special.droopy,v only posts 1/10 of what I think,as you know,look,.I post as I dont like you being insulted.

By sarah on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

jeeezis H CHRIST nate.

i'm not a doctor, but i can pretty much tell you that you probably have a spleen infection.

fever. pain in your side...

DUH.

run back in there yelling MY SPLEEN! MY SPLEEN!

fucking idiot doctors.

By wisper on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 05:15 pm:

then run through a grocery store yelling the same thing.
    Good times for all.

By Nate on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 07:21 pm:

heh. wrong side for my spleen. wrong side for pretty much anything but intestine/bowel/kidney. and it isn't kidney.

i went back today and got a new doctor. he renewed my faith in this commune medicine system. he is really good, asked a lot of questions, took 5 phials of blood and two urine tests.

i have lube drooling out of my ass right now. that wasn't my favorite part of the exam. though now i know what it feels like to have my prostate pointed at. "this is your prostate!" "no sir, that's your finger in my ass."

he said he's worried about me and that the other doctor was wrong.

the nurses were unusually nice to me.

i almost fainted in line at the lab. i haven't eaten much in the past two days. i'm dehydrated.

it's not a hernia. it might be other things. if symptoms are worse tomorrow i should come in and he would fit me in, or i should go to the ER. if i start vomiting i should go to the ER.

i just ripped a lube fart into my calvin kleins.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 08:14 pm:

Thank goodness you went back.Hopefully the lab work will show something.

Don't know that he can rule out an strangulated/incarcerated hernia without un upper and lower GI test.

Its when a small portion of intestine protrudes thru a weakness in the abdominal wall, and if the blood supply is cut off to that small area of intestine,that part dies,becomes gangrenous, and makes you very ill.

But this new Dr. sounds like he is on top of the situation,so it sounds like you are in good hands.

Sorry about your jeans, but on the upside,if you farted,things are passing thru your colon,and thats a good sign :)

By sarah on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 09:53 am:

this worries me greatly.

By Nate on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:56 am:

don't worry, sarah. i'm fucking invincible.

By Czarina on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:15 pm:

Invincible Fart Man!

By sarah on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 01:58 pm:

dear senor invincible,

how are you feeling today? any health update?

i still worry.

By Nate on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 03:23 pm:

i'm feeling better. the ab pain is reduced, though still there. nothing like it was.

tests returned a slightly inflamed liver, high white blood cell count, and blood in the urine. i'm returning tomorrow for another exam with the doctor.

my super dose of unnecessary antibiotics has caused a nice case of thrush. i'm pretty pissed off about that.

my fever is down. or it was, it usually picks up this time of day. but i was just about normal this morning when i had the strange hallucinations with all the kittens.

By droopy on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 03:50 pm:

dang, nate. normally i don't care about other people, but i think i'm starting to have sympathy pains in my liver.

By sarah on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 04:23 pm:

how many kittens?

what does a high white blood cell count mean?

please report tomorrow after you see the doctor.

what a pisser.

By Czarina on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 04:31 pm:

Did you see Puss'N'Boots?

By Nate on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 05:45 pm:

i think the high white blood cell count means i'm fighting. i don't know. i'll let you know.

lots of kittens. it was more like being on acid than my "normal" hallucinations. there were kitten baseball bats hanging in my closet. like a genetic cross between a kitten and a baseball bat. also, kittens blooming from the top of my bedside lamps. forming like fountains but then staying static like feather plumes. lots of patterns, like an acid trip. patterns made of kittens. the kitten plumes from my lamp had a clear and consistant geometry. every kitten was identical.

so many kittens.

By platypus on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 06:37 pm:

That's odd, I dreamed about kittens last night.

One of the feral cats my landlords insist on feeding had kittens, and now there are two little black kittens downstairs. They are pretty cute, I must admit. Now if I only I can catch the third one which is still running around somewhere...

By Czarina on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 08:47 pm:

Sprinkle some catnip around your bed tonight.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 12:16 am:

I almost nailed the little bastard when I was taking out the compost tonight, but I wasn't quite fast enough. It's getting big enough that it's steady on its feet and pretty fast, too.

Soon, my sweet.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 12:46 am:

good luck, nate. sad liver and high white blood cells. that's exactly why i don't want to go to the doctor. i'd rather tip over suddenly, than see it coming.

not that you have anything to worry about. i'll shut up now.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:00 am:

thanks dave.. encouraging.

actually, my biggest non-rational worry about this whole thing had something to do with you. given the oysters i ate the night before i came down with this, i was thinking parasite. in the nights of the worst ab pain, i had these thoughts of a whole snarled mess of mud shrimp gurgling in my gut.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 07:03 pm:

mono!

and a chance of hep!

"when will i get better?" "who knows?! but all you can do is ride it out!"

By platypus on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:18 pm:

Which hep?

By Nate on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:23 pm:

i don't know. the one that mono can cause.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 08:39 pm:

Well I'm hoping it's a literal inflammation of the liver (although that would still suck) rather than one of the letters...since C is the one most often linked with mono.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:59 pm:

yeah, i don't want c. i don't have a lot of risks for hep c, though, aside from the tats.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 11:14 pm:

Pretty impossible unless your parlour is reusing needles. You need direct blood to blood contact for c.

But I've heard inflammation of the liver is common with mono. Your liver enzymes might be elevated because you're sick.

I like how doctors often leave things like that vague. It sounds like yours isn't a very good one.

By agatha on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:32 am:

Oh, I hope you don't have hepatitis. Yucky shit, that.

By dave. on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 01:31 am:

yeah, hep c = bad. my dad, after getting out of prison, basically went straight to the hospital. comatose, yellow, and hiccuping. unsettling.

but he came out of it. i'm told the first thing he did after waking up was he tried to grab a nurse's ass.

that's the spirit!

while in the hospital, he missed a meeting with a parole officer. i went with my brother to talk with his doctor about getting some kind of release for his missing that meeting. the doctor told us the best thing for my dad was to get him back into prison, where his access to drugs would be limited and his access to medical care would be better than if he were free. he refused to sign any waiver for missing parole meeting.

dad spent another year and a half in prison.

hep c finally did him in about 4 months after his release.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 09:32 am:

Well,thats just a sad story.
    Sorry Dave.

By sarah on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:15 pm:

mono is so super sucky. sorry nate.

i'm just glad it's not something worse.

dave, that is so super sucky about your dad, too.

By dave. on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 01:44 pm:

eh, don't worry about it. that was like 15 years ago. he'd probably still be around if he wasn't such a junkie. probably wouldn't have gone to prison either, for that matter.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact