Genetics

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Genetics
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 08:12 pm:

6 years ago,I read in the paper,the only difference between a black person and white person ,in genetics,is 3%,then today,I read the paper,"Metro" in London,the only difference between a white person and "Neandertal cave man" is...half a percent in genetics...just posting what I see.

By V on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 08:41 pm:

...the research was collected from 6000,000 "base pairs" ,from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboatory,with the Joint Genome Institute,led by Edward Rubin.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 12:35 pm:

Actually, V. there is almost no genetic difference between the "races". That's a fact. I don't know where you got your info from, but as usual, it's completely wrong.

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 01:08 pm:

I just wrote a big long ranty thing and then erased it. I don't feel like being mean today. Tomorrow's a holiday! Got a nice fresh tom turkey waiting in the fridge for tomorrow, along with all the fixins, and a couple of cases of Saranac winter beers, and some nice North Fork of Long Island wines, and gonna cook up a storm tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

By V on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 06:53 pm:

Dougie,as allways,a breath of fresh air,and happy Thanksgiving to you too.

By V on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 07:12 pm:

sem,v gets his stuff from newspapers,but I know as well as you,they tend to make things up,if news is a bit thin at that moment,(about midnight),before the last type set for the night.,(v was in the newspaper biz years back),and yes,print can be created out of thin air.

By V on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 07:15 pm:

sem,so apart from that you are well I hope?

By V on Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 08:20 pm:

...the latest from London,"The Wright Stuff Show" tells me our d.n.a. is 80% the same as a banana,(d.n.a. is the latest fad,in the media,in London right now)

By V on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 06:11 pm:

and,uh,what is a "base pair"! can any Sorabji explain that in plain English?

By Antigone on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 06:00 am:

By Nate on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 11:24 am:

don't listen to tiggy. it is when you add a second subwoofer to your home theater or car audio system.

By V on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 08:10 pm:

Anti,yes,v understands all of that,whats pissing me tonight is,the most downloaded site in the world,"Star wars kid",900 million hits so far,I cant get it on the net,and it ANNOYS me,v went through 10 sites with out finding the "the 15 year old fat kid from Canada with lazer saber",all I get is a 15 year old kid with a broom handle,if your as awsome as I think are,you can you can find that lost in hell place,and v is still pissed at missing you in London,bet you and your girl are awesome,v for a fact knows you both are o.k. guys,missed by 2 miles,sorry,but it was a hot,humid evening as you recall.sorry.

By jack on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 08:53 pm:

"yes,v understands all of that"

hahahah! oh, right.
    that molecular biology stuff is old hat to v, although he doesn't know what a base pair is.
    what he really can't get a hang of is the star wars kid video! that's just a bit beyond the grasp of his well-pickled synapses. molecular biology, no problemo!

ah, i'm feeling helpful, so here you go, v:

the star wars kid

By V on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 07:02 pm:

jack.thanks but its the wrong clip,v dont want the afro kid that fell over,I want the white,fat,Canadian kid,with a light sabre,and sparks flying out the end of it....bet v can find it faster than you can.

By V on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 07:05 pm:

...you know,the clip that got 9 million hits.

By V on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 07:29 pm:

By V on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 08:01 pm:

By jack on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 08:51 pm:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that looks very exciting! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

i can see why you need to find the one with the sparks! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

i've never seen anything like that before ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

WOW! ! ! ! COOL, V! ! ! ! ! ! COOL! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

By jack on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 10:26 pm:

V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're going to love this!!!!!

i know you'd find it on your own in about 2008, but:

you love it

there's also this HILARIOUS dancing baby video that you're going to love, plus these dancing hamsters. i'll post those very soon.

you're welcome.

By V on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 07:12 pm:

jack,for a fact,I did enjoy that vid,its you,is it not?...and how come you claim not to be fat?...you allways post like a fat person,and I also regard you as the "star wars kid",thats why I wanted the best version,,,for close encounters of the "jack" kind.,thanks for your help, betcha got the most hugh ass on Sorabji :) :) :) :) :) :)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact