What's In Your Pockets?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: What's In Your Pockets?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By platypus on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 06:28 am:

Since we seem to be reviving the "what are you wearing" thread.

In the pockets of my Army jacket:

Green/Purple February FastPass
    Red/Yellow March FastPass
    Bank card
    I.D.
    House keys
    A very small lightbulb...I think I was supposed to match it at the hardware store, but I forget
    $.48
    A receipt from Bittersweet for a Spicy, 2/25 5:23 PM
    A stub from King of Thai Noodle House
    "He who hurries cannot walk with dignity" from my last fortune cookie at the Hang Ah
    Unidentified receipt for $4.67
    "Bay Bridge Work Advisory" pamphlet, folded over, with a "Notice of Work Operations" from BRAC inside
    Old grocery list...from January, I think
    Several fuses, probably for B's car
    Some safety pins

By eri on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 12:20 pm:

I don't have any pockets today.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 01:53 pm:

normal content of pockets:
    right front: eye drops, albuterol inhaler.
    left front: cell phone
    right rear: wallet
    left rear: empty.

By heather on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 03:31 pm:

only coat pockets

keys to a boy's house and a licorice wrapper

By droopy on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 04:05 pm:

i never put things in pockets (pants pockets are unusable to me since i'm always seated) so have a little bag that hangs on the underside of my wheelchair, which generally contains:

old "gremlins" pencil case with 7/16 box wrench, set of hex keys, 2 tire levers, spoke wrench, and patch kit in it.

wallet

2 sets of keys: one loose, an identical set attached to bag

bus pass

lip balm

antacids in old aspirin bottle

pocket crossword book

pencil

loose change

liquor store receipts

By platypus on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 04:47 am:

I have found that the sleeves of a kimono make highly suitable pockets.

By Spider on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 03:09 pm:

Only thing in my pockets: a tube of Burt's Bees chapstick.

In my coat pockets I carry:

Gloves

Sunglasses

Wallet

Change

Cell phone

House keys

Scraps of paper with grocery lists or library call numbers

By Dougie on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 03:16 pm:

A 1943 "P" nickel, poor condition. Must've been sitting in somebody's closet in a penny jar for a long ass time.

By droopy on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 09:07 pm:

i have a coffee can in my hall closet full of pennies that go back as far as 1917. none of them are worth much more than a penny. maybe one day i'll take all of them and start secreting them into different places for people to find. while on the bus today, there was a guy standing beside me who was wearing cargo pants; i could see his pack of marlboroughs in the pocket by his knee. i could easily have dropped an old penny into it.

i came close to stealing the cigarettes.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 09:13 pm:

I usually save alot of pennies for one reason: buy some lottery tickets. It is no question. The other months ago, I was at the laundromat, I happened to glance at a guy who bought in a coffee can filled with coins, a combination of coin such as; pennies, nickels,dimes and quarters. I figured that he needed quaters to wash the clothes, so at first, he seperate the dimes, nickels, and quarters from pennies, and again, he seperated quarters from dimes and nickels. Guess what happened next? He cleaned the pennies off the table and tossed into the garbage. I would have guessed that he threw away about two dollars worth of pennies. It's so sad.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 09:15 pm:

droopy, you could of asked him for a cigarette? It won't hurt to ask.

By droopy on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 12:56 am:

it wasn't about wanting a cigarette. i rarely smoke. it was about stealing.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 02:02 am:

there are many way to get a cigarette for free:
    1 ask for it.
    2 can i bum a cigarette?
    3 smooching someone for a cigarette.
    4 sneak in your mother's purse to get one.
    5 swing by someone's desk at work for a cigarette if he/she is not around.
    6 if it is in someone's jacket and no one around, just get one.
    7 confront a stranger, gester them in heavy mexcian accent, telling them to give you one.
    8 wear a bandit mask, stick your gun at them, demanding a cigarette.
    9 stop around the butt receptable to see if there is enough for you to smoke.
    10 go to convience store and see if you can grab it and run out of store without paying it.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 02:03 am:

in my right pocket, a note saying to wish everyone a Happy New Year! :-)

By Nate on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 03:17 pm:

exactly $1 in quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. dates from 1972 to 2008.

happy new year, dr. pepper. there is a lot of talk about 2008 being the worst year anyone younger than 70 has lived through.

i would say, i've had a pretty good year. aside from losing about 40% of my net worth, this year has been pretty smooth and easy.

much better than 2007. what a shitty year that was.

they say pluto has entered capricorn. the first such alignment since 1776.

"When beggars die there are no comets seen; The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes."

here we go.

By Danielssss on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 05:19 pm:

you got that right. And bacon vodka too. wallet in passenger side rear and that's all. lost 40% of IRA but made 2% on my saving account and spent likely everything I made in 2008, but I got them granite countertops.

By droopy on Thursday, January 1, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

#11 steal cigarettes from your boss, who shouldn't be smoking anyway.

happy new year, dr. pepper. and everyone else.

i had no net worth before the crash, so i lost nothing.

nate's quote reminded me of something from proverbs:

"it is not for kings, o lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine nor for princes strong drink:

lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.

give strong drink unto him who is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more."

By Dr Pepper on Friday, January 2, 2009 - 01:10 am:

2008 was a quiet year for me, except for my season attentive disorder, cause it changed my mood rapidily .
    I went down to Tennessee to catch some warm weather, and catch enough of sunlight!
    My 401k didn't show any drastic change, and it stays steady. Has anyone heard anything from Antigone?

By Dr Pepper on Friday, January 2, 2009 - 01:16 am:

right pocket: wallet
    left pocket: 2 usb memory flash, car keys, loose coin that I found off from ground.
    rear right pocket: set of keys; 2 house key,1 post office key, 3 padlock keys and 1 car key.
    rear left pocket: nothing.

By moonit on Friday, January 2, 2009 - 05:22 am:

you gotta lot of keys.

I have a piece of paper that says 'Mel' on one side and 'bacon, egg, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato' on the other.

By Danielssss on Friday, January 2, 2009 - 05:20 pm:

blessed are the poor of Wall Street

By semillama on Friday, January 2, 2009 - 10:15 pm:

cell phone, office keys, eye drops, inhaler, wallet, lint. I have boring pockets.

By Nate on Saturday, January 3, 2009 - 06:37 pm:

well, the office keys are new.

By platypus on Saturday, January 3, 2009 - 07:17 pm:

Keys to the new car, a tire pressure gauge, and a receipt from Fort Bragg Feed & Pet. Probably some lint and sand as well.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, January 3, 2009 - 08:45 pm:

Went to Chicago today, just to avoid being boredom, I found a some strange pager looking like, but it does not have a lcd readout or door for the battery, except for side that has 3 led glass cover along with 1 gb of usb and a necklace that hold usb memory flash.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact