Humiliating Moments In Parenting

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Humiliating Moments In Parenting
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 02:48 am:

Saw this blog yesterday and I actually gave one of my memories on the comment lounge.These are actually quite funny.
    http://buggydoo.blogspot.com/2007/06/contest-humiliating-moments-in.html
    Here's mine
    It was a few days after Easter when two of my friends dropped by my home to visit.My two year old and I had been working on going on the potty and she was pretty good about it except for putting her pants back on.My friends and I were in my kitchen when she came out of the bathroom with her shirt and underwear on,I was cooking so at first I didn't notice anything wrong.All of a sudden one of my friends is going "what's wrong with her leg" and I look and there's a rainbow of colors coming from her crotch down her leg.What the hell? I'm asking her what that is and she keeps telling me candy.Finally figured out she stuck jelly beans up her wussy not one but quite a few,I'm freaking and my friends are hysterically laughing so hard they were rolling on the floor.It really wasn't funny,and how the hell am I going to get them out? We tried holding her up under her armpits and kind of lifting her up and down hoping they'd fall out but it didn't work.I didn't want to physically remove them,that seemed gross and like I said the friends were no help.I finally told her if she didn't get those jellybeans out the Easter Bunny would never come again,no candy, basket,eggs,nothing.It worked and she never did anything like that again thank God.She got married a few years ago and while everyone was throwing rice,these same two friends of mine threw jellybeans.You got to love them.
    JannyDare | 06.30.07 - 12:09 am | #
    The friends were Brucifer and Carl.

By agatha on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 02:34 pm:

That's the best story ever! I also love your Brucifer and Carl stories.

My little sister once ate too many rainbow horehound candies at once and ended up puking a rainbow in our local temple's parking lot. Amazing.

By J on Thursday, July 5, 2007 - 02:51 am:

Thanks Agatha,I got more stories but I was hoping others here would give up some of their stories,I'm glad you did.Did you read any of that blog? Hilarious.So come on you all,you don't need to be a parent,a brother,sister,friend,just a kids do and say the darndest things.

By semillama on Monday, July 9, 2007 - 06:46 pm:

One of Kazu's online friends has a great story about her son's fascination with the tire store.

By droopy on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 01:49 am:

when i was a teenager, back in the eighties, i lived across the street from a little baptist church. i never set foot in it, but the pastor there was a young guy who liked to "connect with the kids", so i would find myself talking to him every so often. he told me this story.

he went to some kind of dinner party with like 5 or 6 other pastors. i can't remember why. anyway, it was hosted by one of the pastors and they were all sitting around the table with the host's wife and his little daughter of 4 or 5 or 6. at some point during the dinner the daughter suddenly pipes up and says, "i have a vagina!"

dead silence.

then she begins pointing at each of the pastors present, all men, saying "and you have a penis! and you have a penis! and you have a penis! and..." until her father stops her.

all of the other pastors look over at the host quizzically. he explains to them that his daughter had walked in on him when he was getting out of the shower and was startled by his great, glistening, baptist package. being the progressive sort of guy he was, he decided to explain that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina and maybe a few other minor details.

a little knowlege can be a dangerous thing. for a parent.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 04:45 am:

Well to be honest, educating the children is the most important thing. Why didn't the pastor lock the damn door?

By agatha on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 11:56 pm:

I love that story. Cleo told her entire kindergarten class about the reproductive process during science fact sharing. Her teacher had to cut her off.

I don't know what life was like when you were growing up, Mr. P, but parents don't generally lock doors in their own houses.

By Hal on Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 09:37 pm:

I was pleased when I discovered my penis.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 02:49 am:

Ding Dong!

By sarah on Monday, July 16, 2007 - 08:48 pm:

my sister relayed this story to me in an email last week.

Scene: "Pee pee on the the potty" time. Mom on "big potty". Elliot (age 3) on "little potty"

Elliot: you going pee pee mom?

Mom: yep!

Elliot: you have a penis mom?

Mom: no. mommies have vaginas.

Elliot: lemme seee!!! (looking...)

Mom: see. no penis.

Elliot: you have a penis?

Mom: no. mommies and girls have vaginas.

Elliot: ok. you have a penis vagina.

Mom: no, just a vagina.

Elliot: can I have some fruit snacks?

Later...

Doug gets up with his "morning wood" and comes downstairs in his underwear to get a cup of coffee.

Mom, Elliot & Evan (9 months old) are sitting together having breakfast.

Elliot goes, "Mommy! Daddy’s underpants are broke!"

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 03:27 am:

Anyone remember the movie called "Kindergarten Cop"? Started by Arnold Schwarzenegger. There was a boy in Kindergarten class and told him " the boy have a penis, and the girl have a vagina" as he doing the sex thing. It was funny thing I saw on movie.

By wisper on Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 05:14 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact