random scraps of paper

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: random scraps of paper
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 01:36 am:

i was cleaning out my "business desk" this afternoon. all sorts of crap. i found a couple of pieces of 3x5 inch notebook paper with some writing on it. it was from the time i was working in antique store 3 or 4 years ago. a woman of maybe 6o had come in. she saw me reading a book about american history and it started a conversation that somehow quickly became about her brother. i must have scrawled these notes out while still at work expecting to organize them later. i never did.

studied "modern era" (?) beginning 1899 - from michigan - one brother who was adopted who had pernicious anemia (she always looked sheet white) adopted a son from a 17 year old girl who had been attacked (something about a school?). adopted him and told him he was adopted but not who the mother was - "who his people were". someone asked her why she wouldn't tell - it was no skin off her teeth - but she said "not until she was on her deathbed".

the boy grows up very religious. enters the seminary. dates a girl for 3 years and then becomes agitated that he had "gone too far with her". the woman telling the story says "so i said to him, 'what'd ya do, kiss her? because a lot of people would think it strange if you hadn't'" but whatever it was it really bothered him. so one day he just walked out of the seminary & joined the navy.

while in the navy he went awol twice - almost with no conscious reason, just walked out. both times he went back & turned himself in. the 2nd time they locked him up & gave him an honorable medical discharge.

he's living in venice, florida now, where he'd brought his mother to live in a rest home & where she died. he became a minister, she said, & he had 5 kids who live in michigan (where her family is from).

the woman blamed his disturbed state of mind on the mother not telling him who his real mother was and/or that it was something in his dna.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact