Jim's mom

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Jim's mom
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 09:56 pm:

I just saw on facebook that Jim's mom passed away today. I thought we should give him some love...

By droopy on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 11:47 pm:

i'm truly sorry to hear about that, jim. condolences

By Dougie on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 11:56 pm:

My condolences as well, Jim.

By patrick on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 10:54 am:

be well jim. positive thoughts to you and yours

By J on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:07 am:

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jim.

By platypus on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 11:18 am:

My condolences as well. I'm glad that she's not suffering anymore; I know that she was having a really hard time towards the end there.

By semillama on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 04:45 pm:

I'm sorry Jim. A sad day at sorabji all around.

By blindswine on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 08:03 pm:

keep everything you loved about her close and she'll always be with
    you.

be strong/stay strong.

my deepest empathy and condolence.

-m.

By sarah on Monday, July 6, 2009 - 09:57 pm:

Jim, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

By Markus on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

Jim - So sorry to hear this. We're all thinking of you.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 02:54 pm:

whoa. who's that guy?

By sarah on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 03:26 pm:

Markus is old school.

By J on Tuesday, July 14, 2009 - 05:56 pm:

Markus why don't you stay awhile for a change?
    What's new with you?

By Markus on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 01:17 pm:

Dunno, I drop in every six months and look around. I see Swine up above, so maybe I'm not the only one.

I was here long before you were Waffleboy. Back in the days of Slacker and Christopher and that crazy chick. It's odd to see everyone all growed up.

Miss you, J. Have been going out to Tucson and Yuma several times the past year, always think about giving you a shout but never in Phoenix for more than an hour or two passing through.

Hey there, Sarah. Your latest issue and I share a birthday.

By J on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 01:41 pm:

I'm not too far from Tucson and if your in Phoenix you HAVE to call me.Sending you an e-mail too.

By patrick on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 03:40 pm:

i remember you markus....been ages it seems.

i overlooked swine's hit. that was my next question.....where is that fucker. sheila too.

i think my first post here was in 97, 98. Holy shit, Im in the 10 year club!

growed up indeed. growed up and multiplying.

By blindswine on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 05:50 am:

i'm out in portland... wondering what the fuck i'm doing in
    portland.

everything is good for the most part--
    but no goat curry for over 2000 miles in any direction.
    since it looks like i'm in the DIY capital of the world, i guess i'll
    just have to do it myself.

how's los angeles?

markus-- you still in D.C.?

the roots "long time" just started playing out of 50 gigs of mix
    mode.

that's been happening a lot these days.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 09:55 am:

los angeles is in my rearview. moved back to the carolinas, specifically to durham, NC 8 months ago to pursue a better quality of life. so far so good.

drop me in your blog feed and see whats up. you can also read some of nates, milton t james ramblings as well.

shocked there's lamb curry in portland. was just reading in GQ how progressive and innovative that place was culinary wise.

By sarah on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:55 am:

there's this killer indian joint outside of austin and it's the only place i've ever found goat curry. bone in, great shit.

senor and i, many times during this absolutely brutal and record breaking hot summer, have fantasized about moving to portland. even though i don't think you have family there, isn't it at least a little better than pennsyltucky?

By Markus on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

Hey, Swine. Still in the DC area, when I'm not overseas. Had a little Pinetop Perkins spinning last week while gnawing on Q and washing it down with blackstrap molasses/oatmeal homebrew, and you came to mind. Surprised to hear you've left the city.

Sheila, right. And Margret and Cyst. And even FB.

By droopy on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

pinetop perkins was on austin city limits not long ago. i watched it with my baby niece. she was engrossed in it. i was so proud.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 03:39 pm:

Markus, FB supposedly died some years ago. I cant recall the circumstances, either overdose or in an accident or something. someone, supposedly his sig other came on and passed the news. after some scrutiny it was made apparent that it was correct.

as least i think.

gnawing on Q and sipping homebrew. sounds like my world in north carolina, the land of bbq, working, no scratch that, immersed in the world of craft brew by way of occupation for americas oldest beer mag.

By blindswine on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 04:30 pm:

i was surprised to hear i left the city, too.

never really meant to, at least not permanently. just went back
    to PA to visit for a bit and everything started falling apart-- so
    after the shit deluge was over and the mess was mostly cleaned
    up, back to the northwest it was. dig portland over seattle, but
    the northwest in general is missing things i'd once swore i'd
    never live without.

so much for swearing.

portland does have great food-- don't get me wrong. i just
    crave west-indian goat curry (trini-style). seems like the only
    places you can get it are the islands, NYC, toronto and london.
    that might be an overstatement, but you sure as hell can't find it
    in portland-- i've been here for about a year and half-- asked
    everybody, scoured the city from the northwest to the southeast
    and have still come up with nothing.

but yeah-- portland is infinitely better than pennsyltucky. the
    culture isn't complete garbage and there are far less redneck
    cocksuckers to deal with, so that's always a plus. i actually do
    have an uncle here-- he's a retired eighty year old gentleman
    shacked up in a fancy pad in the northwest hills with this cute
    little african studies professor who's half his age-- still drinking
    el dorado rum, still a sharp toaster and still a complete ladies
    man. we get together every once in a while to knock a few back
    and talk smack. he gives me "pointers" on women that sound
    like they're straight out of 1975, so that always cracks me up.
    i'm going to have to record one of our sessions some time.

dig the photos, patrick.
    how was the culture shock moving from L.A. to N.C.?

i remember feeling like i'd transported back into 1955 when i
    went from NYC to PA. sometimes i still have nightmares and
    wake up sweating.

By blindswine on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 04:37 pm:

i was surprised to hear i left the city, too.

never really meant to, at least not permanently. just went back to PA to visit for a bit and everything started falling apart-- so after the shit deluge was over and the mess was mostly cleaned up, back to the northwest it was. dig portland over seattle, but the northwest in general is missing things i'd once swore i'd never live without.

so much for swearing.

portland does have great food-- don't get me wrong. i just crave west-indian goat curry (trini-style). seems like the only places you can get it are the islands, NYC, toronto and london. that might be an overstatement, but you sure as hell can't find it in portland-- i've been here for about a year and half-- asked everybody, scoured the city from the northwest to the southeast and have still come up with nothing.

but yeah-- portland is infinitely better than pennsyltucky. the culture isn't complete garbage and there are far less redneck cocksuckers to deal with, so that's always a plus. i actually do have an uncle here-- he's a retired eighty year old gentleman shacked up in a fancy pad in the northwest hills with this cute little african studies professor who's half his age-- still drinking el dorado rum, still a sharp toaster and still a complete ladies man. we get together every once in a while to knock a few back and talk smack. he gives me "pointers" on women that sound like they're straight out of 1975, so that always cracks me up. i'm going to have to record one of our sessions some time.

dig the photos, patrick.
    how was the culture shock moving from L.A. to N.C.?

i remember feeling like i'd transported back into 1955 when i went from NYC to PA. sometimes i still have nightmares and wake up sweating.

By blindswine on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 04:38 pm:

safari and sorabji don't get along.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 10:52 am:

your uncle sounds interesting as hell.

no culture shock for me at all. i grew up here, im actually glad to be back. LA was becoming a shit hole. Everything that was fun about LA when i was a non-dad was not longer appealing or an option. the cost of living and quality of life was just becoming dumb.

paying nearly 2500 a month to rent a tiny 1200 sq ft house in the hillside ...while it had its charm was just not sustainable. im now a home owner of a 2500sq ft house on nearly 2 acres in the woods and paying almost half that in mortgage. rather than the ghetto bird swirling above my house all the god damn time, i now enjoy baby fucking deer and silly little rabbits prancing in my yard. its been months since i heard a helicopter. seriously last week 3 of the cutest fawns ever were prancing around my backyard.

my exwife and her hub were willing to make the move as well(she is also from here so both of us had family here) thus removing any weird custody battles over my daughter, she's 6 now. she goes to a fantastic public school. so her life is inherently better.

i can bike to work on a greenway space and not worry im going to get plowed by some douchebag entertainment attorney in a rush to take a meeting in santa monica.

the concept of traffic doesnt even exist. i mean its a joke how non-existent traffic is.

with 6 or so major universities including UNC, Duke, NC State, Shaw, NC Central, Wake Forest within 30 miles or so...theres a lot here culturally. enough at least.

in a city like durham you feel like you have a little more say over your life and what goes on around you.

so, to answer, me and my woman are doing ok. the most shocking thing is how much damn pork they put in everything. i swear to god there is a product at the cafe...its a pork chocolate bar. its ridiculous.

i managed to get a decent job for a beer magazine and now me and the woman are incubating a zygoat so i cant complain too much.

talk to me in 3 weeks when i get back from costa rica and i'll have even less to complain about.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact