the no phone project

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: the no phone project
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 04:08 am:

i haven't had a working phone since january 8th.
    it's all at&t's fault. since i switched to u-verse
    (internet) on january 3rd, i've either had a
    landline phone or internet but not both.

i'm starting to think i can live without a phone.
    technicians are supposed to come tuesday (jan. 13th)
    and "fix" my phone. i'm seriously considering just
    calling them and cancelling my phone service
    completely.

By Pepper on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:14 am:

droopy, we had a bad experience with Comcast. horrible experience. When the box went out, we called the customer service, guess what? A guy came in and replaced with another defective box. So, my brother decided to switch the company.
    I know many giants are doing anything to abuse the power on the customer. My sister doesn't have the landline for quite of times, so did ours too.

By Pepper on Sunday, January 11, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Oh, should we ask Mark to change the title of the website from "Payphone Project" to " Wireless project"? This could be more fun..

By droopy on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 01:54 am:

i've decided to do it. i'm cancelling my landline
    phone service completely. i've never had a cell
    phone, and don't plan to; so, basically, i will be
    unreachable by phone.

i don't think it will matter at all.

By Pepper on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

I know how you are feeling. Life sucks sometime.

By Antigone on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

I haven't had a land line or cell phone for a year. I take and
    make calls on my iPad using google hangouts and a google
    voice number.

By Pepper on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

How is that using ipad to make a call if you don't have a account with telephone co? Unless you had it connected with wireless router.

By Antigone on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 02:10 am:

It does have a cellular data connection, but uses wifi when
    connected to that of course.

By droopy on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 03:12 am:

don't completely understand this, but i think
    Antigone gets me.

phone? i don't need no stinkin' phone!

By Pepper on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Antigone, you saying that ipad has a sim card inside it?

By Antigone on Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 11:20 pm:

Yep, it does.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact