Say hello

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Say hello
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By p on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 02:19 pm:

To Hazel Harlowe at my Flickr page. Born Friday night. 6.7lbs.

Mom and baby are well.

Csection birth was an awful awful experience but we're good to go now.

More to come.

By semillama on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 03:15 pm:

Congrats!

Did you watch the C-section?

By sarah on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 03:18 pm:

i love the name Hazel! that name was on our short list both times.

congrats to you both, happy to hear everyone is well. can't wait to see the photos, i'm sure she's beautiful.

By patrick on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 05:28 pm:

sem, no, and im pretty sure i would have hit the OR floor had I. it wasnt an option and considering the sounds and splatters that came from the screen i was sitting behind...it was tooo gruesome.

By Danielssss on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 06:09 pm:

congrats

By Spider on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 07:02 pm:

Yay, new baby!

But, ugh, splattering?....what a traumatic experience that must have been. Be extra good to her. Not that you aren't already. :)

By agatha on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 01:53 am:

Hooray! I also adore the name Hazel. Good choice. Give mom and Hazel kisses from me.

By J on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 09:53 am:

Welcome to the human race Hazel!!!!!!!!!

By sarah on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 10:36 am:

i can't find the photos.

how are you guys doing so far?

By platypus on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 01:32 pm:

Woohoo! I have also been a long fan of the name Hazel. Glad to hear that everyone is well.

By patrick on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 02:33 pm:

sarah we're pretty good. I just sent you our flickr page.

we've had a few hiccups. mom hemmoraged about 30 minutes after the procedure. i was sitting, holding the baby, shitting my pants, while mom soaked the bed with blood. the nurse was alarmingly calling for any doctor to come to her aid. that was completely dramatic and scary. she was stabilized and thankfully is doing well after 2 transfusions.

hazel is battling some high bili levels. her feeding patterns, doing well in the first 24 hours, were unsettled on day 2 when they started her on light therapy at the hospital. it wasnt until yesterday we got her feeding, peeing and pooing regularly, so hopefully looming jaundice will recede now that she's getting full feedings.

mom, babe and boob had some battles this week but they seemed to have found their rhythm. im doing some supplemental feeding with finger sucking and the syringe which is pretty cool.

otherwise she's a complete and utter fucking joy. eva is completely inlove with her new sister as well.

thanks everyone for the well wishes.

By kazu on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 03:46 pm:

That sounds scary, but I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well. I loved the finger contraption. I don't remember if Andy used it or not.

So exciting. Please post pictures of Eva and Hazel together.

By spunky on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 05:33 pm:

congrats to you two!

By semillama on Monday, March 1, 2010 - 03:25 pm:

I did use the finger feeder a couple times.

Folks, note the transfusions Patrick mentioned. This is just one reason everyone who is able to give blood should give blood as often as possible.

By patrick on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 09:38 am:

as requested...pics of eva and her new sis on flickr.

i've had to take an extended leave from work. we're challenged with feeding right now. i wont get into details but, whether due to the breech and never spending time upside down, there's some developmental issues with her tongue and mouth that is preventing feeding from happening as it should.

we are so in the weeds right now and there's some signs of infant colic that are looming.

BUT, she makes for really cute and fun pics!

By kazu on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 12:16 pm:

Is it her frenulum?

Mavis' little girl would never latch. I can ask
    if she has any advice .

By semillama on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 04:18 pm:

In terms of the colic, Patrick, have you read Harvey Karp's Happiest Baby on the Block? Highly recommend that book. We're reading his follow up "Happiest Toddler on the Block" right now.

By kazu on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 04:55 pm:

Karp's cuddle cure is amazing.

I'm fairly certain that without it, we would
    have sold Ian Michael to the circus.

By Spider on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 05:06 pm:

Yo, Patrick, what's your flickr name? I can't find you. :~( I am iamthearm if you need to send me an invite or something.

By sarah on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 05:11 pm:

awww sweet baby girl! so beautiful!

harvey karp is my parenting guru. i'm also in the middle of happiest toddler. the other one i'm reading is beyond time out from chaos to calm.

td wasn't colicky but when we couldn't rock her down off the ledge so to speak we'd just turn the vacuum or hair dryer on close to her, and she'd zone out or sleep.

good luck patrick and mamma. hang in there. just hold her til your arms break. it goes by so much faster the 2nd time.

By Spider on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 05:20 pm:

She loves the sound of the hair dryer? There's a girl after my own heart. *sniff*

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact