I feel so lucky right now.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I feel so lucky right now.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Saturday, September 4, 2010 - 05:50 pm:

We had no damage to our house and power and water, but lots didn't. Dee freaked out when the earthquake hit and Reese went outside to bark at it.

In this lot of pics there is a white building with a black banner of Convent Fruit Garden or the Daily Bagel, this is about five shops away from my work....

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/christchurch/4095494/christchurch-earthquake-pix

The aftershocks are still roling and today we're about to get gale force winds.

By moonit. on Saturday, September 4, 2010 - 05:50 pm:

By blindswine on Saturday, September 4, 2010 - 07:45 pm:

i was thinking about you when i heard about the
    quake.

glad to hear you're ok.

stay that way.

By Moonit on Saturday, September 4, 2010 - 07:53 pm:

Thanks :) we're about to go out to find some food - although most parts seem okay and most shops are open, work is trashed, I'm working from home tomorrow...

By agatha on Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 06:26 pm:

I'm relieved that you're okay! How's everybody recovering?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 10:15 pm:

Moonit, you from NZ? I needs to know, cause while ago, there was a mild earthquake in Chile.

By sarah on Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 10:19 pm:

so relieved to know you're okay. what were you doing when it hit?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, September 5, 2010 - 10:19 pm:

There was earthquake in Illinois months ago, following one in Tennessee(very minor). If I continue to hears few more, then the earth tetonic plate may not be stablizing.

By moonit on Monday, September 6, 2010 - 12:21 am:

Yes Dr Pepper, I am in Christchurch NZ.

Sarah I was sound asleep - in fact thats why we've had no casualties, cause most of us were zonked in our beds.

Its so weird out there, we just had yet another aftershock - they keep coming and coming...

By la on Monday, September 6, 2010 - 01:15 pm:

Looked at the pictures.... wow!

Anything we can do from half the world away? I think mailing blankets for puppies would be rather inefficient.

By moonit on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 - 05:42 am:

I think the best thing you can do is build your own survival kit if disaster struck, the water thing is a pain in the arse!

By Moonit on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 - 10:09 pm:

So I was driving when a 5 hit this morning fuckin scariest
    thing ever

By moonit on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - 09:34 pm:

the clothes shop across the road from work are moving out stock, they're ripping down buildings at both end of the street i work on - and by street its got about 15 buildings each side. this sucks.

its like a war zone but there wasn't a war.

at least we can drink water out of the tap again now.

By moonit on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - 09:35 pm:

and another one hits, i hate this I fucking hate it

By sarah on Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - 10:31 pm:

what does it feel like?

By moonit on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 01:25 am:

they are all different, sometimes you hear it - like a rumble or a truck driving past, then the house rocks (or the office, or the friggen road or whatever). And them sometimes its like a massive crack and the world tilts suddenly and comes back right again. And sometimes its like being on a boat in a gentle rolling wave....

By moonit on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 01:51 am:

and sometimes its like a mixture of all three. The big one was a rock and a shudder, I think if our bed was on wheels we would of ended up on the other side of the house.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 02:14 am:

Moonit, Nz still experiencing another earthquake?? anyone ever seen a movie called "2012?".

By heather on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 03:23 am:

*hug*

we have tons of tiny ones. i kept thinking that someone dropped something really heavy in the hangar at work but everyone whispered earthquake.

the bigger ones have felt exactly the way i expected, like you are driving over a rough road in a truck, except you are at home.

i haven't felt the big scary ones like you, moon.

By moonit on Thursday, September 9, 2010 - 04:12 am:

thanks heather, yeah they are so hard to describe - that rolling feeling is the scariest thing in the world, its like being dumped by a wave except you're standing up....

just had another 4 pointer. ugh.

By J on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 12:48 am:

Moonit I'm so happy you're ok!!!
    Come live here!!!

By sarah on Thursday, October 7, 2010 - 11:53 pm:

earthquake aftermath update please?

c'mon people!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact