Mehlville Senior High School Band

sorabji.com: What is your definition of hell?: Mehlville Senior High School Band
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Someone from MHS on Monday, December 7, 1998 - 04:33 pm:

First off, it's hell and I am for sure about it.

My band teacher looks like Satan. He twitches and jumps around, spewing spit all over the band like the firey minions of hell. He yells in a voice that is comparable to Satan in its deepness and scratchy tone. He keeps us in the band room, blowing our hot air for as long as he can -- sometimes on weekend and holidays.

Band music is horrible -- some chords and tones seem like a train whistle in your ear. One band member is quoted as to have said, "Ow, ow, ow," and he is just one of the many who have gone deaf in the process of listening to the percussion section beat their instruments. And it's not just the perc. that bugs the ears. I wont get into that though.

And last but not least, the band room is below ground. The heat in it is almost unbearable. Most band members are stripped down to almost nothing, which is a sight that I really doubt that you would like to see.

Just trust me on this one.

By Me............. on Monday, December 7, 1998 - 04:58 pm:

Wow....thank you for that fresh and beautiful reminder of why I'm glad I'm not a teenager, anymore.........It DOES sound bad, and no, I don't think I would want to see the scene which you so aptly described.......Yes, your teacher most likely IS satan-and the band members (esp. the perc. section) are his demons -the percussion demons from hell..........And in which state does this lively and lovely high school exist ?? I may want to go there; possibly perform an exorcism, but most likely avoid it, altogether. Thank you for stopping in, Someone From M.H...........

By MHS student on Tuesday, December 8, 1998 - 09:24 pm:

This school is in St. Louis Missouri... or an offshoot called Mehlville.

I'm guessing you were a band member once.

By Me.......... on Wednesday, December 9, 1998 - 10:50 am:

Nope, I was never in band-only chorus-pretty much as bad-although I DO think Band would be worse....... Hey , we're neighbors - I'm in K.C. !Whaddaya know ???? Now get back to class !!!!!

By MHS sucks on Wednesday, December 9, 1998 - 09:17 pm:

Class? This school HAS no class!

By Sheila on Wednesday, December 9, 1998 - 11:03 pm:

been in st. louis.
    been in band.
    hell pales in comparison.

what do you play?

do you have to march?

wanna be in my parade?

By MHS band sucks on Saturday, December 12, 1998 - 09:04 pm:

play everything.

yes I have to march.

parades suck.

By Sheila on Sunday, December 13, 1998 - 02:16 pm:

i would have some sympathy for you, but you have caused me to have terrible flashbacks involving Hitlerish bandleaders, godawful bus trips to wretched ugly little towns wearing wool uniforms in August, and those fucking percussionists!

Being first chair, directly beneath the Evil Eye. Oboe mockery. It's all coming back to me now.

Many years later it paid off. I got to meet Dave Brubeck and because of him a bunch of really neat persons. There is a connection there, vis a vis the Hitlerish figure and the Octet.

By Whet on Sunday, December 13, 1998 - 05:25 pm:

Did band and chorus in high school, plus a couple other musical groups.
    Some of it was a tad on the hellish side, selling fruit and spray n wipe cleaner to raise money right up there, BUT the friends I still have today from that era of my life were all in the band/chorus.
    :)

By MoonUnit on Sunday, December 13, 1998 - 08:25 pm:

We never hand band at my high school... or if we did it was kept very quiet. We didnt have cheerleaders either, but I think thats becuase it was an all girls school. We did have dance and we did have a culture group (thats the maori culture, and no I dont think u had to be maori to join)

From what I've heard of band I guess I'm one of the lucky ones ;)

By Kid from mhs colorguard on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 07:32 pm:

Hey mehlville marching panther band isn't that bad anymore we have won like 6 trophies this year and we are doing great and i bet mr. brown is glad that all you are gone and not in his band anymore it isn't that bad so i would like it if you all stopped running your mouths about mhs we have class...!

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 02:40 am:

I can't stand band music!!!!!

By Kid from mhs colorguard on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 12:03 pm:

Then dont listen to it dodi your dumb mhs has class and they are one of the greatest bands this year so you all can shove it i can understand the comments about mr. brown but the rest isnt that bad and if it was why did you do it.

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 04:03 pm:

I didn't do anything, just said I didn't like band music......geezzzzzzzz

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 04:04 pm:

I still don't like band music.........

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 04:05 pm:

...never will..

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 04:06 pm:

..no way..

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 04:07 pm:

...:)

By Antigone on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 09:38 pm:

Ah, Dodi, trolling the high school kids. You've found your bliss...

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 10:14 pm:

thanks!

:)

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 10:19 pm:

bliss it is......

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 03:58 pm:

Hi Dodi,is v after long sleeps,back on line for few hours,as allways is so nice to post to such a civilized and most excellent Lady.Anti can be smart,but is mostly sneering at others,perhaps miss out on promotion or something?

By Dodi on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 04:34 pm:

Nice to have you back!!

Your probably right, but oh well, life goes on, for me at least........

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 06:13 pm:

...if only v had your life,you even get to sleep at night,v will not take pills for sleeping,I take my chances and try to take minimum pills...6 hours tonight?...v should be so lucky. :(

By Dodi on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 06:42 pm:

It sounds like your adrenals are burned out and this will keep you up, with anxiety too, if you have that.
    I used to not sleep good, but now, I sleep through the night. I can't say that I wake up feeling refreshed, but the sleep is nice.
    You might want to eat some protein (not much) before you go to bed, cause your body might be hungry. I now take something for my adrenals and so far, their working. I get them from my nutritionalist and it's called Cortico B5 B6.
    Stress and too much coffee will drain your adrenal glands, so be careful.

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 07:57 pm:

coffee I drink far too much of,and allways feel burned out. :(

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 07:58 pm:

20 cups a day.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact