Missouri

sorabji.com: What is your definition of hell?: Missouri
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Trace on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

DFS stands for DUMB FUCKING SHIT-HEADS!

They told Erin's mom that, and I quote
    "Whoever did this to Christopher is a moot point now, as long as they get help".

I had a long as post ready to go, but I have run out of energy, and no longer see the point.

I want to tell Erin to tell her mom we aren't watching Christopher anymore, and we don't want any part of this shit anymore and don't want to know a damn thing.

But, Saturday was Mikayla's 2nd birthday party, and Christopher was there, and he seemed so happy to see me, he just sat in my lap, and laughed so contentedly, and I just can't let him go.......

By spunky on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

I am alone in hell

By agatha on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

just keep on being there for him. that's what i say.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 11:16 pm:

Should it be DFSH? I'm in Missouri, at least physically here. Outside StLouis.

So you're not alone in hell, but it is as hot as it gets today, huh?

By spunky on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 10:50 pm:

no shit, it has been miserable

By J on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 11:06 am:

I just would make sure that your kids are never alone with anyone from your wife's side of the family.

By Trace on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

Tomorrow is the court date.
    Erin's mom called and told me that "I need to stand behind Annie with them to show a united front, because tomorrow is going to be all about presenting evidence to prove annie did it, and we don't know for sure that she did it. and erin is not to be there because she was ordered by the court to be the daycare provider for the baby, and no one else is to watch him and he is not be at the trial."

I just simply said "no, I am not going to lie for her. I will answer what ever questions they ask"

She said "I don't want Annie to go to prison".

"well, we will just have to see".......

By agatha on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

ouch.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

You're doing the right thing, Trace. That takes guts. Even if it strains relations with your in-laws.

By Nate on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 01:49 pm:

i can't believe people are asking you to lie.

you should ask them to be honest.

take the whole conversation and flip it around and say "i just want what's right for this innocent child. all i'm asking you to do, mom-in-law, is to do the right thing. to be honest and moral.

By Spider on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 01:57 pm:

Remind her of the penalties of perjury.

By Nate on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

remind her that her soul is in jeopardy.

not to mention the respect of her 'good' daughter and her husband.

By Trace on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

I think she knows full well the penalties. Their attorney is also dad-in-law's cousin.

I am just going to tell it like it is, and watch her twist. She has been lying to DFS and Social Services all along now, and now it is time to tell the truth.

I will not lie for anyone.

If this causes a rift between my family (Erin and the girls and I) and erin's folks, I am sorry, but so be it. The baby cannot defend himself, and he deserves so much better then what he is getting.

By Spider on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

You're a good man, Trace.

By pez on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

i'll keep my fingers crossed for the little 'un.

By cyst on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

lying about this isn't going to help anyone in the long run. not a single person.

By Trace on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:54 pm:

Thanks guys. I don't want to protect anyone except christopher.

what a mess

By Trace on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 08:50 pm:

Well, it is over. I mean really over.
    Annie's attorney blocked the greens from testifying against her (not bad for a public defender), and the doctor said that the bruises and the broken blood vessel in his eyes were not accidental, but that they had been mistaken about the skull fracture and subdermal hematoma, that there was none, even though it was confirmed 2 months ago as existing. What's that judge? Oh, let me look at the notes, why yes, thank you for helping me, there was bruises on his hips silly me. I am just a doctor, and I teach other doctor's how to look for signs of child abuse, I sure would have missed the notes on the second page if you hadn't mentioned them.....
    the only ones that spoke were annie's attorney, mike's attorney, the child advocate and the joke of a doctor.
    The judge decreed that Christopher is to remain a ward of the court until he reaches the age of 17 and to remain in custody of annie's parents. Mike has joined the Air Force and is going into basic training in october, and annie is planning on moving in with his grandparents that live in texas while he is away.
    They have been ordered to pay $100.00 to the court a month and annie has been ordered to take parenting classes and get a phsycological review.

There is no justice. her parents were holding a party for her tonight. myself, my wife, and erin's grandmother were not present. we were not invited either. oh well.

Mikayla has an odd virus that has given her a temp of 104+ for a few days now and erin is not going to watch christopher tomorrow either. Erin's mom is having a fit because she does not want to miss work (she just does not get we don't want to watch christopher because he can get the virus as well), and she is going to have mike's folk's (the one's whom, every time they watch him, they never change his diaper or feed him for 6-8- hours) watch him.

It will never end.
    There is a review in six months. I bet they even drop the supervised visits by then
    AUGH!!!!!!!!!!

By Trace on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 06:21 am:

did i mention that the state was dropping the charges because the skull fracture was not there?

By semillama on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:57 am:

Move to Minnesota. You'd like Minnesota.

By heather on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

insanity.

and the idea of giving custody to the mother's parents is always a little strange to me, they are the ones that made HER, no?

By Trace on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

Yes, and they are proud of it too.

You should have heard the two in the lobby waiting to go into the hearing room.
    "I didn't do it"
    "I know you didn't, don't worry about it. Besides, consider the source."

CONSIDER THE SOURCE? The source would be everyone except her, her mom and her dad. WHAT EVER PEOPLE!

Then, I said to mom just casually "Erin was disappointed she was told not to be here."

"She was not told not to be here, I just didn't think it would be a good idea for Christopher to be here."

"Oh? I thought DFS said Erin was not allowed to be here?"

"Oh no, I just didn't want christopher to be here"

"You really need to work on your communication. Erin thought Janet (DFS) said she was not allowed."
    I just walked away.

LIES LIES LIES.

By spunky on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 02:47 pm:

Party on. mother fuckers. In the end, you will get yours. Everyone does

By J on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 12:10 pm:

So what happened Trace?

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

He has been made a ward of the court until he is 17, and I just found out that the STATE charges were dropped, but the city charges of child abuse and neglet still stand.
    Mike joined the Air Force and is leaving on November 27 (my birthday, happy birthday to me) and Annie is moving to texas on the same date.
    I wonder if she is going to come back to face the charges in January????

Erin and I have not spoken to her folks since the hearing, except erin's mom dropped christopher off this morning acting as if everything was just peachy keen. I am fed up with the nicey-wicey bs, I am not doing it anymore

By agatha on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

at least christopher doesn't have to live with annie. things could be a lot worse. think about the big picture instead of getting bogged down with the details. the court could have ruled to let annie keep him, which would have been far worse.

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

I think that is not too far off.
    They seem to be very "Ho-Hum" about the whole thing.

By J on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

That's cause they are wierd.

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

Missouri DFS does not do anything, it seems, until the child is dead.
    There was a case (I think I might have mentioned this before) where dfs was called out on several occasions to a home where the mother was mentally unable to raise children, and they warned her to take parenting classes. Then, the last time they were called out, they found the two little boys, one was 4 and the other 7, boiled to death in the bath tub.
    This was just last year.

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:28 pm:

The thing I have not been able to figure out yet is this....

Christopher was brought to the hospital because of the bruises and the broken blood vessels in his eyes and a small lump above his right eyebrow.
    the E-R ex-rayed him and found a skull fracture and a subdermal hemotoma (bruising and swelling on the brain). It was later confirmed by a regular doctor. Then by a third doctor. Then during the hearing, the doctor testifying said that there was no skull fracture or subdermal hemotoma. What happened? if it was not what they thought, what was it? What was the lump above his eyebrow? No mention was made of what it was, just that it was not a fracture.
    I find it so hard to beleive that the non-action DFS takes could spread to the hospital.
    As far as I am concerned the bruises and broken blood vessel in the eye and they did say he was struck in the head, is bad enough. But what the hell is going on with the fracture?

By J on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:28 pm:

It's like that everywhere,I tried reporting here about a little boy and his sister who went to the school my daughter worked at 2 or 3 years ago,they were severly neglected,rotten teeth,hungry,dirty,their mom was a methhead,I was told by child protection services that that was a lifestyle choice.

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

Where are you again?

How can humans as a race progress if we do not learn to protect our young?

By Trace on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

funny thing about the case I mentioned above, they found the mother mentally competent to stand trial.

By J on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

Arizona,about the only time I have ever felt compassion for somebody that killed a child,was a case that went to trial not long ago.This womans husband had left her, she was trying to get help from all these state agencies but got none.She tricked her two sons into getting in a storage shed with her and then she torched it,one son died the other lived.She was in the hospital forever but at her trial,when I saw what she looked like,horribly disfigured,she's going to have to look at her "face" everyday and remind her of how it got that way,I thought it was good that she didn't get life in prison.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact