Christmas with the half-paralysed junky bitch

sorabji.com: What is your definition of hell?: Christmas with the half-paralysed junky bitch
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By kazu on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 04:43 pm:

argh.

I think I've talked about my father's ex-girlfriend, the one he remains friends with, who had a baby and a major drug problem, but was recovering. Well, she's fallen off the wagon. I'm not terribly surprised although I guess she'd been doing the best she'd ever done. Anyway, this time she overdosed and had a stroke. Now she's in double rehab. Anyway, my father, who insists on remaining her friend, is bringing her to his house on Christmas so instead of coming over here for breakfast (as he usually does), he wants us to come over there. At first I thought that we could avoid her by going over before she got there, but it turns out that she will be there, and he told me, "It would mean a lot to her for us to come over." What the fuck!?!

I can't think of anything I want to do less then see this woman who has manipulated and abused everyone around her. She stole thousands and thousands of dollars from my dad, almost all of which was while I was in college so we was unable to conribute to my college education. The thing is, I've gotten past that and I don't hassle my dad for staying friends with her, but I do not want to see her AT ALL. I can't even begin to describe how positively ILL she makes me feel, if you can imagine.

I think she is one of the few people I have ever truly HATED. I hate her for what she did to my dad, for what she continues to do to him and her son (who is with his father now, thankfully).

If it were me giving the advice, I'd probably just say, for my dad's sake to go over and make the best of it. The thing is, my brother Kevin who made his feelings about her known from the very beginning (I was unaware and then absent for most of it) won't go. I just know he won't and I'm not even sure I can fake it, even for my dad's sake.

And I don't want to hear AGAIN, how this time, "maybe she will learn" because she won't. I have lost any hope that she even wants to recover. My brother recovered because he wanted to. He wanted it more than anything he's ever wanted.

I had to get that out. Thanks for letting me vent.

By wisper on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:29 pm:

"If it were me giving the advice, I'd probably just say, for my dad's sake to go over and make the best of it. "

d00d! fuck that! don't you dare set foot in that house while she's in it.

(p.s. great thread title)

By Spider on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:27 pm:

Maybe when your dad sees his two kids refusing to visit this woman even for his sake, he'll wake up and realize what a horrible mistake he's made by keeping her in his life. What a sad mess. Good luck, Kazu!

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:48 pm:

dont go

By The Watcher on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

I could say something really nasty here. But, I won't.

People like her drive me up the wall too.

I say stay as far away from her as possible. She should be in a residency program. Not, spunging off your father.

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

Go over there and shit on her face.

OK...kidding... I just wanted to up the outrage level of this thread.

Naw. I'm serious.

By kazu on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

She's in some kind of resident program. My father is just having her and the kid over for Christmas dinner.

If it were anyone but my father, it wouldn't be an issue. I'd tell him I can't stand the sight of her and I'll be over when she's not around. However, my dad is an emotionally broken man, severely mentally ill and he's going to take whatever I do personally, and it's not worth hurting his feelings over especially right now.

While my position is completely reasonable, he'll just be hurt and he'll say, "I understand" but really won't. He doesn't process emotional issues like a normal person and often it's better to coddle him. I hate it, but he's not strong and I doubt he ever will be.

So, for that matter, he should be the last person helping out someone who just drags him down. The thing is, he needs so desparately to be needed and she's exactly the kind of person he can help. Again, when it was just him babysitting the kid, it wasn't bad. Since my grandfather's passed away he really has no one he can do anything for.

And to top it all off, my grandmother is dying. My nana, who took care of my when I was sick and had to stay home from school, who taught me to knit, drink tea, and bake cakes from boxes, and whose voice I hear, because she read it to me all the time, when I read *The Giving Tree.*

And this is going to be hard on my dad because even though she's my mother's mother, he would visit her all the time, even after the divorce. She was like a second mom to him, because my other grandmother was a nut case.

I just can't have his feelings all hurt on top of all of this.

I may just have to take Antigone's advice when he's not looking.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 03:41 am:

The smell would give you away.

Trust me.

By J on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 02:20 am:

I miss you Tiggy:) You so funny,and Dave,and Platy,and I'm full of Christmas Spirits.I.m going to hurt tommorrow.

By J on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 02:25 am:

Kazoo,get some eye drops,drop a few drops in her drink and watch that bitch clear out,she'll get the shits so quick,she will shit colors,I'm not one to gossip but make sure it's Visine.Love,J

By Antigone on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 04:18 am:

I think I'm full of the christmas flu virus.

By Antigone on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 04:19 am:

I miss you too, J.

By kazu on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

To add to the difficulty, my dad left early this morning to babysit all weekend for another friend (the daughter of one of his oldest friends he's known forever who can actually return favors). Anyway, I am leaving very early Sunday morning and it was impossible to make other plans to see him.

Thank you J, but the last thing I want to do is make her shit herself because whoever is taking care of her has to change her. And that would be either my dad or her other ex, the kid's father. And they don't deserve any of that.

Anyway, I went over with my other brother (I wouldn't have done it alone) and we didn't have to see her because she was in the other room and her other ex was *changing* her. I got to see the kid who is just absolutely adorable.

We actually tried that Visine practical joke at a retreat in high school. It was a disaster.

By Antigone on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

Was it a shit storm?

By kazu on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

No, but it made one girl really, really sick (I think she was having other problems) and we all got in trouble.

By kazu on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

well, my dad just called to apologize about not being able to spend more time with me on Christmas day. That was nice.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 04:28 pm:

My uncle called yesterday to tell me that my grandmother died. She's been headed downhill for the last five years, after her stroke. At least I got to see her over thanksgiving, and she could recognize me then, at least in her most lucid moments.

I was supposed to drive up yesterday but I got sick. If I had I would have been driving through Memphis when she died. Around 1am I would have walked in the front door in Oak Ridge and stepped up to the grandfather clock I always wind...first thing in the door. Except my uncle or grandfather would probably have been there in the living room to greet me with the bad news. As it was I got a 7pm phone call that woke me from congested sleep.

By kazu on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 09:10 pm:

I'm sorry antigone.

Today mom and her siblings hired a hospice nurse to take care of my grandmother. My visit with her today was probably my last.

By J on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 01:34 am:

Tiggy,Kazoo,I'm so sorry,there's a speacial place in heaven for Grandma's,they knew you loved them.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact