Birth Control

sorabji.com: Sex: Birth Control
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Bashfull on Friday, August 28, 1998 - 08:19 pm:

I have a question that I need help with.
    Well, you know how you can change your period when you are on it. You can delay it or have it earlier. My question is; Does this raise the risk of pregnancy?

By Kelsey on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 01:57 pm:

i'm curious why you are asking this question. what are you really trying to find out? not meaning to sound accusatory, but it sounds as though you have further reason to find this information out.

By D on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 04:05 pm:

I had a talk with my doctor about alot of issues concerning pregnancy and he told me something I never knew...I always thought that a woman could not get pregnant when she has her period and that a woman could only get pregnant a few days out of a month....neither are true. The chances are slimmer when you have your period and there are certain days out of a month when a woman is more fertile than others but you can indeed get pregnant while your having your period and any day out of a month. Chances are slimmer yes but not out of the question. His exact words to me were to use a birth control pill AND a condom for maximum protection. And of course neither of those things are 100%. I got off track of the question a little but I hope it helped.

By Bashfull on Saturday, August 29, 1998 - 09:48 pm:

The reason I am asking is because I am going on vacation soon and I am right on scheadule to be on my period. So I was thinking that I could purposely get my period a week early so I won't have to deal with it. I am also sexually active with my boyfriend and I wanted to know if changing my period isn't a good idea.

By Zipp on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 05:05 am:

well, its like this:
    if you want to delay your period, without risking pregnancy, you continue eating the pill during what would normally be the 7 days of either sugar pills or not taking the pill. To not take the pill and and engaging in unprotected intercourse does mean that you definately could get pregnant. Basically you postpone your period 1 month.

On the other hand, you should know that playing around with postponing the period with hormones means at least for me that I still get some cramps (though not severe) and that my menstrual cycle is screwed up for a few months...

By 150NC on Saturday, June 5, 2004 - 05:56 pm:

I'm 53yrs old still getting a period. It is due
    exactly during the time of my scheduled cruise
    How can I delay it without going on the pill>
    Thanks

By Vyvyan on Saturday, June 5, 2004 - 06:20 pm:

They say if you stand on your head long enough, eventually your sense of sight returns to normal and your brain inverts everything so you see it right side up again. When you turn yourself back up, you'll see upside down again until your brain inverts it back to normal. So try standing on your head until that happens. Probably you'll invert your uterus too and by the time you're brain adjusts it back, you'll have bled into your gut instead of your panties.

By wisper on Sunday, June 6, 2004 - 04:54 pm:

i recommend a hyserectomy.

or a maybe these things called tampons?
    or The Keeper (tm)?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact