Reflections in who we DON'T date....

sorabji.com: Sex: Reflections in who we DON'T date....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dani on Friday, February 19, 1999 - 07:44 am:

There is my Vet....Amazing smile, generous, caring....29 and oh so cute in his scrubs. But is he the real thing? He almost seems fake at times....He called and said we should 'get together' but then I heard the answering machine message. "Hey! You've reached Andy! I'm not home! Leave me a message! Have a super day!" (No I'm not being overly generous with the exclamations....) I didn't leave a message.

There is my girlfriends friend Bryan. The radio DJ that is quickly adding on to his empire of over 30 radio stations of programming. Tall, funny as hell, great conversationalist, almost too kind.... Then he said we should go out. Without my girlfriend. And then I realized he had a little goatee...And I don't particulary care for facial hair....

And my exboyfriend from High School. Whom I broke up with because we were going to college and I thought we should get a 'full expierence.' Well, we are out of school now....and you know how it is with old friends. We have the same interests, both work in the computer field, enjoy the same movies and have a hell of a good time at the bars.... And then he mentioned that we should start seeing each other, because we really should have never broken up in the first place four years ago... And I can't help but remember how poorly he played the trumpet in high school (although I thought it was cute back then)... I haven't spoken to him in a week.

But I do DATE. The guys I date I like to call 'quirky.' My friend Lyn likes to call them 'rejects of society.' Ok, so maybe those relationships don't last more that a few dates.

But its all just about sex anyways.... Oh did I mention that I spent some time sleeping with the High School Boyfriend (not while in high school, but often in the last two years) and the DJ (for the past 3 months)? I'm working on the Vet next... Am I missing something?

Today I spent the day with my girlfriend who has the live in boyfriend.... I spent half of it defending my lifestyle... And the other half listening to her lament of all of his mistakes..

This has got to be some sort of trick question...

By Cyst on Friday, February 19, 1999 - 10:21 am:

date lots of guys (but only the ones you want to) and don't let any of them move in.

By Agatha on Friday, February 19, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

she's married, too. i had to insert that, dani, because it changes things. i'm not pulling a morality trip on you, i just think that it makes a difference in the advice you will be getting. and, to be honest, i don't really understand.

By Cyst on Friday, February 19, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

oh.

my new advice is to use birth control. lots and lots of it.

By Dani on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 12:59 am:

Sorry Agatha... I'm not married. Why would you think I was? Never even been close thank god....

I wasn't necessarily asking for advice. Simply commenting on views of society and how my seemingly warped opinions of people get in the way of true intimacy in my relationships (intimacy, not necessarily sex)

By Agatha on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 01:21 am:

you're not married to the feller you went to florida with? i thought he was your daughter's dad. i'm sorry, i must have gotten confused.

i was always wondering why you seemed to date so many people while married, i thought you just had some sort of open relationship, which is another one of those things i just don't get. but that's just me. also, i didn't want to piss you off again, because it's just no fun to piss dani off, let me tell ya.

By Danielle aka Dani on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 01:40 am:

AH HA! I see now....I've been reading through the boards and notice somebody has already taken the name Dani! My deepest apologies to everyone that I confused and mostly for the first Dani to whose name I tried to steal...

Uhhh...Hi I'm Dani (from here on out known as DANIELLE :-) I'm 22, never been to Florida, and the part about pissing me off? Well...you got that one right! haha

By Agatha on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 01:49 pm:

now i'm in deep shit. welcome, dani number two.

By R.C. on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 02:34 pm:

Yes -- thanks for clarifying THAT one!

But Danielle -- why'd you nix the vet? Becuz he has too much happy-voice on his answering machine? Jeez -- I used to leave all kinds of insane stuff on my machine -- music/impressions /word-of-the-week/ficticious msgs. for various gov't. offices;

"You have reached the Queens County Morgue : To check the status of an autopsy, Press 1. To confirm the identity of a body/Press 2. To report a death/you must call 911-- ask for Dets. Bayliss or Pembleton. And remember, Don't Touch Anything At The Scene."

All kinds of crazy msgs/just to make my friends laugh when they called me.

Or if someone I didn't want to talk to was buggin me/ I'd just scream "HANG UP & DON'T CALL AGAIN!" into the tape & that wd be the 1st thing people wd hear. (Which was very disconcerting to my mother when she'd call...) But it was all a goof/y'know? Living in NY makes everyone a little crazy.

Maybe Dr. Doolittle just likes to have an upbeat msg. becuz he wants to project that to people who call. But nobody's *always* bright-eyed & bushy tailed. He cd turn out to be a very interesting man. You shd give him a chance before writing him off. Ditto for the DJ. I mean/how wd you feel if you discovered some guy had blown you off just becuz you had a pierced nose? Or were a brunette instead of a blonde?

Superficial annoyances like that tend to disappear once you hang out w/someone & have the chance to see who they really are. Which may have nothing to do w/what they look like. "Don't judge a book by it's cover". Capisce?

Even if it turns out that the attraction isn't mutual/at least you cd end up making a new friend -- who cd introduce you to some of his friends...

By Gee on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 04:27 pm:

[sigh]

R.C., I think I love you.

-Yaphet-

By R.C. on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 06:28 pm:

As in Koto? Y'know/I just read last week that he actually is the son of African royalty -- AND a descendant of the Queen of England. No shit! I believe it was in Parade magazine. Someone wrote into their celeb questions page. (Probably to ask who makes his god-awful toupees.)

I hate his rug/but I've always liked his work. But never knew he was a real-live prince. And a realtive of the Queen Mum!

(See -- now where's OB when he needs to be here? Man, what I wdn't give to drop THAT fucking bomb on his ass!)

By Swine on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 08:47 pm:

i don't think he's sophisticated enough to know what you're talking about.

a swift kick in the ass would get your point across much more effectively.

and y'know... if *i* were the descendant of the queen mum, i sure as hell wouldn't go around bragging about it...

but i guess that's just me.

By R.C. on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 09:40 pm:

Sure you wd Swine! How cd you not? It wd be just too ILLl! A beautiful Buppie Brother w/a legit claim to being part of the British Royal Family? AND African royalty to boot! Imagine the possibilities -- you cd force England to rewite all her history books/get yr name listed in the Peerage... Maybe even get yr picture on some foreign currency in the British West Indies. Now, how cool wd that be? Swinemarks with yr very own mug on them!

Puleeze. I'd be camped out on the steps of Balmoral tomorrow/demanding my cut/if it were me!

By Swine on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 09:59 pm:

i guess getting a piece of the royal pie would be nice... if i hawked the crown jewels i could afford the cs2x, mpc2000, su700 AND that roland groovebox...

but the drawback is having to admit to having some of that inbred royal blood flowing through your veins...
    ack.

as far as the currency thing goes, that would be pretty phat... but as far as i know, all the west indian countries are independent now...

anyway, R.C., you've gotta do me a big favor.
    (and i'm down on my knees begging here)
    please, please, PLEASE never call me as a "buppie" again.

yech.

i feel so dirty.

i'm gonna go take a shower then curl up in front of the tube.

i think i've got your cold.

By R.C. on Saturday, February 20, 1999 - 11:23 pm:

Well/since I gave you my cold/the least I can do is join you for a shower & make you a Margarita... You take them w/salt/yes?
    And a side order of grilled tequila shrimp fajitas?
    Extra spicy on the salsa?

Sorry if the Buppie tag offended. But to me/thou art a Buppie in the best sense of the word:

Black
    Urban
    Professional
    ParlimentFunkadelic-Imbibing
    Enigma.

By Danielle on Sunday, February 21, 1999 - 12:56 am:

Ahem....

Margaritas? WOOHOO!! Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine!!

Wait...am I invited? You know, me and Jose, we could really liven up the party....

By Gee on Sunday, February 21, 1999 - 07:42 am:

My Yaphet is royal?...

I knew there had to be a reason for his regalness....even if I can't spell it.

I think I'll go push a camera guy down the stairs now...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, February 22, 1999 - 07:56 am:

Hmmmm. Radio Disk Jockey huh? Imagine what he could do with his tongue.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl!

P.S. Dear Danielle, the aka bit is MINE. haha...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact