by the way, i'm a happy idiot

sorabji.com: Sex: by the way, i'm a happy idiot
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Christine on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 10:34 pm:

pregnant? no! no no no no no! thank god, i'm not!!!! this might sound unbelievable, it may be
    totally incomprehensible and unbelievable that anyone could be as ignorant about their own body as i am... call me a liar, point at me and laugh, but I AM NOT PREGNANT... I HAVE
    MONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank god. thank everything.

woah... that was a shake up.
    i think i'll go to bed and re-think EVERYTHING.

By Gee on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 03:14 am:

er....how is mono like pregnancy?

By FETIDBEAVER on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:11 am:

Both are contracted through relations with another person :o)

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 11:21 am:

Chistine,now you get yourself on some kind of birth control,and start checking out some of the guys you meet at school.I,m so happy you are O.K.:)

By Lawanda on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 11:24 am:

Well, that changes things! Rest up and get better.

The one thing I hope you learned from this is that you arm yourself with a reliable form of birth control. Even with a "reliable" one, you still can get the heebie-geebies if you're late, but the odds are much lower that you'd be pregnant.

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 03:25 pm:

And by the 550 billion names of God, use a condom!

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:00 pm:

Insist on it as well. I've a buddy who hates to use them, and has his girl use the Pill. She's put on a bit of weight since she's started, not to mention the guy's kid from a previous relationship. It seems to me that it's more gentlemanly to slip on the latex than to mess around with your lover's hormones. But perhaps I am old-fashioned...

and as for my post on the other related thread, well, you should still think seriously about all those points.

By Margret on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:48 pm:

Pill vs. condoms? No contest. For christ's sake, you can't be sure enough. Use both of them, and supplement with spermy-cidal jelly.

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 08:52 pm:

Then chop off his nuts when he's passed out drunk.

Wait a minute, did I say that? Scratch that, it'll never work. I'm sure he wouldn't want to have sex after that.

No, what you have to do is get HIM to cut off his balls right before he passes out drunk.

Then send them to Fred Durst, he could use them.

is it any coincidence that the song "She's Vibrator Dependent" started playing on my cd player?

She's Vibrator Dependent
    don't want me in it
    says I don't make the right noise
    Been replaced by batteries
    Hey there fellas can't you see?
    She just wants to play with her toys

BZZZZZZZ!

By Cyst on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 04:23 am:

I got sick last week and was misdiagnosed at a doctor's office in holland. I had a bladder infection and he said the test results were negative. he gave me antibiotics if the symptoms got worse, but I waited a couple more days to see what would happen.

I thought I was immune to bladder infections. I'd never had one before. when I went and the test was negative, I thought for sure that I didn't have one.

so the symptoms got worse and I was supposed to entertain a friend in amsterdam, so we went out there and all I could think was that I very well might die but first I would probably end up bankrupting my family with medical bills. as you can imagine, I was great company for partying in vicetown. I remember sitting by a garbage can in some park for like an hour, saying, "let's not move just now. let's just sit here for a while and not talk."

my friend was supposed to stay for a while but I sent him home the next day ("I don't want to do anything. I don't want to talk. I want to sit here and suffer. I think you can find your way to the train station on your own. don't be mad but please just go away right now.")

I thought about all my grandparents and great-aunt had been telling me about the catholic church and I kept thinking that I still couldn't convert. even if I knew I was going to die, I think deep down I'd just be faking. well, maybe I can ask them exactly how much of the jesus christ and virgin mary and the bible thing I have to believe. maybe I could do it if I didn't have to accept all of it, just select parts or something.

anyway, I took antibiotics and got better, but it was interesting to meet my I-think-I-am-going-to-die self. (yes, I overreacted.) I've also recently met my I-think-I-am-pregnant self, and, let me tell you, she is one cold bitch.

By FETIDBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 05:59 am:

Immune to bladder infections? Find a new doc, the best thing to do is grab a urine specimen and start cipro. No screwing around waiting and suffering and risking renal damage. Also pee after sex, everytime. Drink cranberry juice, it acidifies the urine which
    hinders bacteria growth. If all that doesn't help, stop having human contact, get your own sterile bubble and wipe front to back always.

By Lawanda on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 12:51 pm:

Oh my goodness, bladder infections just make you wanna die. I had chronic ones. I went through three doctors, & much medication before I went to a urologist that was also a gynocologist. He took one look at my file and said "Oh, yeah, this is really common." Didn't even examine me. Gave me this stuff called Microdantin, and I'm to take it whenever I feel one coming on. Does the trick.

There is a list of things to do and not to do if you are susceptible to bladder infections. What FB said is right on. I also can't lay around in a wet bathing suit, use hot tubs for longer than 10 minutes, or drink lots of caffiene. I only wear cotton undies, and I drink cranberry juice every day. God, those infections are painful. Haven't had one in a long time, and I hope I never have one again.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 12:55 pm:

I unfortunatly gave my wife PID because we had sex when she had either a yeast or bladder infection I can't recall with). At the time we had sex, she wasn't aware she had an infection, it was early on, but having sex aparently pushed the bacteria up into her cervix, therefore causing her to get PID. It was a bad thing, i felt awful. She hurt alot, sex was a no no and for all we know at this point she may be infertile. She thinks she might have been misdiagnosed,

cranberry juice is a GOOD thing, can go wrong, i drink it weekly to flush my system as well

By Correction on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 12:56 pm:

I mean .."CAN'T go wrong"

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 04:14 pm:

Actually, it can go wrong.
    If your infection is already hurting, the acidic urine will only worsen the situation.

And my Gyn told me to shower immediately after coital sex.

And I always do.

And I don't get UTI's anymore.

By FETIDBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 05:08 pm:

Acidic urine will worsen the pain but not the infection. People who can't stand cranberry juice can take large doses of vitamin C, it will acidify the urine but not as well. And yes macrodantin is a good choice for persons with recurrent UTI's.
    Speaking of yeast, I got thrush from my wife once and had to go to my doctor. She asked me how I got it and I stated, (embarrassedly) "Well my wife has a yeast infection and we were..." doc cut me off by saying, "Never mind I get the idea".

p.s. for anyone who doesn't know, thrush is a yeast infection of the tongue.

By Sarah on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 07:21 pm:

i just wanted to add that any type of horomone birth control is evil and will destroy you, whether you know it is happening or not. my advice is do not, under any circumstance, muck around with horomones. crystal meth would do less harm to you (but is not an effective method of birth control either).

condoms or sponges or cervical caps and jellies is the best you can do, considering there's always going to be a risk every time you fuck.

By Swine on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 07:22 pm:

just reading that makes me want to scrub my mouth with a brillo pad.

By Anita on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 10:51 am:

If you don't drink enough water with Cipro you wil cause kidney damage That way. drink mucho water. every day.

By Etc. on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 10:51 am:

yeah, crystals will form.

By J on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 11:27 am:

I have never had any of this stuff,but I drink lots of booze the alcohol seems to preserve me.When I do have to take antibiotics the doctor says to eat yogurt.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 04:10 pm:

I think the "toxic environment" approach works well.
    I used to do all sorts of really bad things to my body, but I would almost never get sick.
    My theory is that, with the number of toxins in my system, the germs just couldn't hang.

By FETIDBEAVER on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 06:09 pm:

That's why I drink 8 glasses of jet fuel daily.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 11:06 pm:

Well, it's more that bacteria are just not evolved to cope with massive substance abuse.
    Which is what I was referring to, but I was posting from work.

By Pink on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 12:33 am:

Any of you guys had a yeast infection on the pecker?

By J on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 12:50 am:

Oh shit something else to worry about?

By Waffles on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 01:03 pm:

briefly.........it's the only time i thoroughly hated my pecker.........only lasted a day or so.........

By Simon on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 02:35 pm:

I read that soaking it in Clorox will fix that.

By Gee on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 05:18 pm:

Guys can get yeast infections???? Wow. I had no idea.

By Waffles on Monday, August 23, 1999 - 12:23 pm:

VEYR much so Gee, think about it, if you have one, and you have sex, that dudes pee pee (okok..urethra) is right ther in the middle of the action......burnburnburnburnburnburn

By Nate on Monday, August 23, 1999 - 02:27 pm:

you can also get a yeast on your sack. so i've heard.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact