Had an older woman tell you that you were prefect for her daughter?

sorabji.com: Sex: Had an older woman tell you that you were prefect for her daughter?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffles on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 12:43 pm:

This weekend at some fufu art gallery opening, i was sitting in a row of old movie theater seats with my wife. we were sipping our whisky and this older woman comes up and says.."you know, my daughter would be crazy about you, she loves guys like you........." and i am kinda thrown a back and I say "uhh thanks....i think ?!?" she proceeds to tell me how she has a thing for "geeky looking guys" ...(i guess the black rimmed specs make me look like a geek or something..????)and my wife and I are sitting here thinking a) she just called me a geek b) my wife is waiting for the opportune time to not only shoo this old art fag bitch away but to put her in fucking place. And I can see my wife's annoyed face but she is patient and polite. Mostly because the fact the bitch went on talking for a good five minutes or more with no regard that our arms were locked, sitting close and the shiny white gold rings on our fingers. Finally when the bitch finishes reeeling about how her daughter is in some fine art school in NYC, some school i have never heard off and procceds to condescend me for not knowing, I ask how old she is and she says 18, i laugh...and my wife chimes in "may be alittle too young for him" (maintaining all politeness) and she says "ahhhhhh nooooooo not at all".....and then my wife looses her politeness and says "well considering he is 24 and I married him 3 years ago , I am think he might be a little too young amongst other things for her...." "ohhh....I am sorry......" and she waddles off with her tail somewhere between her legs.

wtf is that all about.

Was she drunk? I think a bit, becasue later she grabbed my wife and kept insiting she was wearing mens perfume......my wife isnsited not and even told her the brand and she wouldn't accept it..."

My synopsis, 50+, recently divorced, lush looking for young tail. I suspected had if i played along, she owuld have offered to show me some pictures of her 18 year old daughter at her house later that evening.

anyway....there ya go...

By J on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 01:14 pm:

I think your right,you should have asked her if she had any cash,or how low does her boobs hang,or if she was bugging you two for a three-way,that would have got rid of Ms.Thing.

By Rhiannon on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 02:19 pm:

Mmm, I wouldn't call that lady a bitch...she was probably crazy or drunk, like you suggested...in which case, you can't really hold it against her.

By Waffles on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 02:43 pm:

THANKS RHI for the sweet words in my guestbook. it's amazing, 1000+ people have visited my site in 3 months and only 21 have signed it...

By Bachelor x on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

when i was younger and living in new england - or at least back there visiting - it was common for older women i didn't even know to walk up to me and say "i have a daughter/granddaughter you can marry." it was a yankee thing.

i don't know what the story is with your woman, but some women actually think that that's a valid way to start a conversation.

By Rhiannon on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

No problem, Waffles! Glad to be of service to ya...

By JusMiceElf on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 03:43 pm:

It's a Jewish thing as well. Someone once suggested to a friend of mine (tongue in cheek, somewhat), that one way to find a nice Jewish mate would be to go to synagogue, and sit next to a middle aged woman, and after services, causually mention being new in the area. "Oh, my cousin Selma has a son about your age....you should meet him, you two would get along well."

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 06:06 pm:

Waffles, so you met my mom?!

By Waffles on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 06:20 pm:

yes, next time you see her tell her to keep her mouth shut before her ass falls out of it

By Semillama on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

I should be so lucky.

I think it would be funny if some older womean cam eup to me and said " I have daughter you'd better stay five states away from."

or if a young woman cam e up to me and said, "You know, you'd be a perfect match for my mom."

Or if aliens landed and told me I was a perfect match for their hybrid daughter.

Oh, i am listening to Devo, btw.

By Rhiannon on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 07:32 pm:

We have a family friend...late 40s...very refined and educated...VERY rich...handsome...lives in Portugal...

My mother is always teasing me about him making a good husband for me. I think that's disgusting. He's known her before she was even married. It's almost incest, and it's certainly cradle-robbing...and the thing is, she's also always making comments about him being her idea of the perfect husband, so it's like she'd like him for herself but since she can't...she gives him to me! Ewwwww!

By Cyst on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 07:42 pm:

does he have email?

I had a portuguese nanny. she taught me how to ask for sweet bread and linguica.

the mop demonstration lady at the grocery store yesterday told a friend of mine that me and him were "a cute couple."

I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm tall, thin and dark and he's stocky nordic. we do not match.

and we're not a couple, either. but I guess platonic male/female friends don't go out grocery shopping, using the same cart, discussing produce, together.

I felt sorry for her. no one wanted to watch her mop/broom demonstration, except we did anyway to be nice. I even inquired about prices.

($15.)

By Oh on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 02:14 am:

smooth noodle maps?

By Gee on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 04:25 am:

I have a friend who would love you, Sem. Unfortunatly she's married with children right now, but aside from that, you'd be perfect for her.

By Semillama on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 08:21 pm:

all of the women who would be 'perfect' for me are like that. I think that makes them perfect is that they are completely unattainable.

The problem is that I don't think the woman exists I'd be 'perfect' for.

If I happen to meet such a creature, expect a short engagment, long honeymoon.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 03:49 am:

She's considering leaving her husband, so you may be in luck.

I don't think anyone's "perfect" for anyone else. And the one that's Good for you is usually the one you get bored with really quickly.

By J on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 01:58 pm:

Isn,t Gee smart?

By Everyone Who Knows Gee on Wednesday, September 29, 1999 - 05:17 pm:

Yes!

By Slacker on Monday, October 4, 1999 - 09:30 am:

yeah but it was my mom

By la on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 07:39 pm:

Out of two random threads I've clicked on, they both started on September 27th. Hrm.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact