Your significant other and their best friend

sorabji.com: Sex: Your significant other and their best friend
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Liz on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 02:21 am:

I know this has happened to alot of people
    you start going out with someone, and you meet one of their friends...and you end up liking the friend more...
    well, this happened to me not too long ago. I was attracted to my man's best friend...and one day when my man was out of town, me and his friend...well, you know. Anyway, we decided to tell my man about this; and to make a long story short, we worked everything out and i am still going out with my man...but problem is...i'm still attracted to his friend...
    What do i do?

By J on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:38 am:

Call Jerry Springer....Now!!

By Liz on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 09:57 am:

Well, none of us are gay, slutty, violent or look like white-trash...Jerry wouldn't be interested!

By J on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 10:08 am:

Well then just fuck his friend,hope your man doesn,t find out.If he does, call Judge Judy,right away!!!

By Nate on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 11:43 am:

if i were you, i'd just kill myself.

By Lucy on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 03:46 pm:

Well, if you're not willing to tear your/each other's clothes off, or throw chairs at each other, I'd suggest the Ricki Lake show.

By MoonIt on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

Why dont you just follow your heart? Whats the point in being with someone if you're obviously not that interested in them?

Uh oh now I've got Bon Jovi's You Give Love a Bad Name running through my head. and its all your fault. Damn you Jon! Damn you!

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:37 pm:

My two cents:
    you should break up with the man you aren't interested in, and go for the friend. It's not fair to either of you.

By Liz on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 11:20 pm:

the friend isn't interested in me...at least I dont think he is. And my man is a really nice person...but the friend is cuter.
    Really, I'd like 'em both, but that's not feasible

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 11:27 pm:

I'm with Nate. Suicide is the only option.

By Moonit on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 01:41 am:

I'm guessing that you're quite young, because cute dies after a while and once maturity kicks in personality seems to matter more. Fuck i never thought i'd catch myself saying that.

By J on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 10:10 am:

Give your man and his cute friend some acid,maybe you can have a 3-way,then take pictures,post them here and we will give you our opinion on who is the best.

By Liz on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 11:25 am:

Well, i am in love with my man...but i'm just physically attracted to his friend. I know i should just try not to hang around his friend, but this is his best friend! We hang out with him every weekend. So that's not feasible. Actually i want them both, but my man is the jealous type and wouldn't go for that.

By Liz on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 11:48 am:

Ok--sorry i posted 2 messages that were very similar...i thought the first one didnt go through.

I am young, but i like to think i'm sort of mature. Because i did pick my man for his personality. But every once in a while, you want looks. Why can't i find a man with both! Ok, his friend has both.
    And yeah, i kind of hinted on the 3-way thing, but that usually just fucks up relationships and friendships. Already, our relationship is alot different because i fooled around with his friend. And their friendship is not the same as it use to be.

By Nate on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 11:51 am:

"I am young, but i like to think i'm sort of mature. "

i felt the same way when i was younger.

now i'm still young, but not as young, and i revel in the fact that i can be immature.

and no one can do a damn thing about it.

by the way, if you're not going to kill yourself you should just sleep around a lot. if you're young, don't tie yourself down.

By J on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 12:22 pm:

Right on Nate,if she,s not married just spread the love.

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

if i were your boyrfriend i'd dump like yesterdays trash

By cyst on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 02:10 pm:

last night I went out with this guy I hadn't seen in a long time.

he helped me and my friends come in third last night at trivia. he knew what shaft's first name was. we won christmas bows, a bouncing ball, glow-in-the-dark lizards.

then we drank a lot of beer, then we drank a lot of wine, then we smoked a lot of pot.

then he explained why he liked me.

"yeah, I know a lot of girls who are total hotties, and I know a lot of girls who are total dorks, but I hardly know anyone who's both."

By Isolde on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 08:10 pm:

That's kind of harsh...

By Gee on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:33 am:

I think that's kind of amusing. I'd smile if someone said that to me. Or laugh.

By cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 05:08 am:

he meant it as a compliment. he and his set really go for attractive chicks who are also smart.

I wish I weren't becoming friends with these guys I'm seeing. it's much harder to write stories about them now.

I totally kicked ass at scrabble tonight. I used all seven letters on my second turn. at the start of the date we had cheeseburgers and at the end we had french toast. I know I should get a job and a boyfriend, but this is really a lot of fun.

By Liz on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 01:35 pm:

I think i'll just repress my feelings for the friend, and keep going out with my boyfriend.

i think, on a subconscious level, I'm trying to break up with him, without actually telling him i want to break up. And i dont know why, i love him...but i think it just scares me because we've been goin out about 4 months and almost every day he tells me he want to marry me. I just smile and nod.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 02:29 pm:

you are living a lie, there is no happiness in that

By cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:04 pm:

break up with your boyfriend.

don't fret about it. just tell him it's over. four months is not very long. the longer you wait, the more you'll hurt him.

etc.

after you break up with him, you'll fuck his friend a whole lot for like two weeks. then you'll realize there was nothing to it except that you previously weren't allowed. and you'll stop calling each other.

he and your boyfriend will stop talking to each other. but they may realize how stupid the whole thing was and may become friends again someday.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:07 pm:

Yeah, what Cyst said.

And why do people think that because you're attracted to someone you have to act on it?

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:17 pm:

I see someone some times and think I got to get me some of that!!! But I,m married so I don,t,except once.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:48 pm:

Do you have pictures?

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 03:53 pm:

If you,re asking me M.L.,I don,t think so,but there might be some out there that I don,t know about.

By ML on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 04:08 pm:

I have money for pictures of J's indiscretion.
    Just let me know.

j....we'll find out if they have pictures of us now :)

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 04:10 pm:

You weren,t suppose to tell...remember we got it on video.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 04:28 pm:

Opps....sorry.....yes now I remember....better go to the ATM for more cash.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact