insight

sorabji.com: Sex: insight
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

By sarah on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 07:17 pm:

last night i had my very first vaginal orgasm via no other stimulation other than the standard penetration of heterosexual intercourse.

in my life i've had fewer than 5-10 vaginal orgasms, and only through masturbation with a vibrator. i've never had one with a sexual partner before. i always heard, even from doctors and therapists, that most women do not achieve vaginal orgasm via intercourse - that most women typically only achieve orgasm through direct clitoral stimulation. i just assumed i was one of those women.

so this was a pretty exciting discovery.

and not because vaginal orgasms are better. at least, they are not better to me. they are neither superior to nor inferior to clitoral orgasms. both are great; they are just different. it was exciting because i realized, in this case, that having a vaginal orgasm is just a matter of time, patience, love, and having a very skilled partner. of course, there was some incidental clitoral stimulation during the act itself, but the orgasm actually orginiated vaginally.

also, being bound to the bed with his silk ties might've helped...

anyway, honestly, the only reason i mention it is because, well, what *don't* i tell you people, and also to let the girls know not to give up hope if you think you're the kind who can't. you never know...

IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!

By Stan on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 08:48 pm:

I LOVE SEX.

By wisper on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

congrats, sara!!

By dave. on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 11:18 pm:

i've never had a vaginal orgasm.

By droopy on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 11:33 pm:

i once had a testicular orgasm. when it happens, your penis actually sucks in liquid rather than expelling it. it's not that they're better, just different.

By Nate on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 11:49 pm:

"i always heard, even from doctors and therapists, that most women do not achieve vaginal orgasm via intercourse "

in my experience i'd say about 70-80% do.

but oh well.

i'm sure the doctors and the rapists are right.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:30 am:

i think i had better leave this alone. although i am not terribly selective in what i say, sometimes it's best to just not say anything.

i will say this, though-
    WOW, SARAH! THAT FUCKING ROCKS!

By M on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 12:40 am:

please elaborate on your use of the word skilled

By Cat on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:14 am:

Yay Sarah. While I'm sure your partner deserves some of the credit, could also be because your exercise routine has strengthened up the pelvic floor muscles.

Mamas let your babies grow up to be ballerinas, if you want them to have vaginal orgasms.

I had a foot orgasm the other day. I was sitting on it and it fell asleep and it just tingled like hell. Celibacy gives one a different perspective on these things.

By pez on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 02:15 am:

"foot orgasm"

hahahahahaha!
    i'm sorry, but it would be cool to see a phrase like that in a "ladies magazine".

By Spiral on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 09:09 am:

I can picture it... The cover of Martini *New and Exciting ways to enjoy Your Body: One Woman's Fascinating Foot Orgasm.* Good Stuff.

Congrats Sarah! I hate it when doctors say things like statistics, removes all hope for some. VO's are awesome.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 11:40 am:

hmmm

erm

i was gonna say something similar to nate.

but then you'd think im feeding my fraile ego.

and the girls would go "um hm patrick yes, ALL the women came with you um hm"

and then id feel like a schlep.

so instead, i'll agree with cat...in my experience, girls who have had dance experience appear to be most orgasmic.

The fun part is trying to discern in the heat of the moment which is which.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

*pant pant*

*pant pant*

HOOOOOOWWWWWL

"say, honey...by any chance, did you use to be a dnacer?"

By semillama on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

*pant pant*

*pant pant*

HOOOOOOWWWWWL

"say, honey...by any chance, did you use to be a dancer?"

By Honey on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:46 pm:

"Yea,I'm espeacially good at the mattress waltz"!

By patrick on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

no sem....i mean discern the difference between a vaginal and a clitoral O during sex.

i think the answer lie in the eyes and yes, somewhere in the "pant pant pant" too.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 02:48 pm:

That's not as funny.

By pez on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

eye contact is a nessessary key to sexual enjoyment. it shows trust and interest in the partner.

i think.

but looking someone in the eye will keep them "human" rather than predatory.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

uhm. how would yo know, pez?

just curious.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

its kinda hard to maintain eye contact when they are rolling up in the sockets.

or when your doing it from behind.

constant eye contact could prompt the "what? what? do i have something on my chin? what are you looking at?"

there is more to trust and interest than just eye contact thats for sure. you'll see.

By pez on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

my bf likes it when i look him in the eye.

that's what i know. eye contact can be difficult at times in my family.

if i look a person in the eye, it shows that i both trust and respect them.

i never said stare deeply at all times and i'm a great deal less expirienced than most sorabjites. but i'm saying what's worked for me.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

you're ok, pez. don't apologize for what you say.

By pez on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:39 pm:

i didn't.

apologizing normally means utilizing the word "sorry", which i didn't.

i didn't, dammit!

i feel silly. but eye contact either makes me very nervous or well liked. sometimes both.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 06:59 pm:

self esteem?

force yourself to make eye contact with strangers when you walk through crowds. you'll find out just how many people in this world are freaked out by eye contact.

By pez on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 07:04 pm:

i know.

you're talking to a girl who used to walk to the bus stop before dawn in january wearing sunglasses.

eye contact is a very good thing when trying to be a "people" person. so much of our culture is based on precision and cheating and being generally inhuman so eye contact freaks out lots of people but it's good for them.

By cyst on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 07:49 pm:

in a lot of cultures, if a woman makes eye contact with a man she doesn't know, it's seen as a come-on. and in some cutlures, it's seen as a sign of disrespect.

sometimes I'll look at people on the bus, then if they happen to look at me, I'll look away right away. I always feel like I've been doing something wrong.

generally I don't look at strangers at all because I live in an urban environment where the people you might want to talk to will hardly ever actually talk to, and the people who do want to talk to you are the ones who want money or an inappropriate intimacy. all the drug addicts on the street are some of the most annoying individuals on this earth.

By Platypus on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

Yay Sarah!

And eye contact freaks me out. It freaks me out when my *cat* looks me in the eye, let alone another person...

By Nate on Tuesday, July 31, 2001 - 08:09 pm:

i got really baked with my cat the other night and she wouldn't stop staring at me. so i just started staring at her. she wouldn't look away.

so i went and petted her to make sure she was still kicking.

By agatha on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 01:21 am:

not only do i look at people, but i also smile at people. sometimes i even say hi! it freaks some people out, but most people smile back.

i live in a friendly town.

By Czarina on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 01:55 am:

Lip contact is of the utmost importance in my book.Nothing quite like it,with the appropriate corresponding lips.

insert humorous anecdote:

The other night at work,one of the very psychotic patients,came storming out of group,screaming and cursing.So I had to go to his room,to see what the problem was.As these are dangerous patients,we never go to their rooms alone.So I had a tech standing outside his room,in case he tried to hurt me.

I go in,and ask what the problem is.So he tells me
    "That fucking blonde bitch,with the cow eyes,needs to stop coming onto me!"He's referring to one of my co-workers,who is very pretty,but does sorta have cow eyes.[she hates this patient,by the way]

I had to keep a straight face while he's hollering this at me.And I can hear the co-worker,who is stationed outside his door,busting up with laughter.It was very difficult for me not to bust out laughing,too.I couldn't wait to tell blondie,what he said about her.I now call her Elsie.She finds no humor in this.

By pez on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 03:14 am:

i've fallen in crush without words or even a name, before. just long eye contact. i couldn't tell you who he was now.

but eyes are the "windows of the soul."

By patrick on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 11:25 am:

well czarina...WAS the "blonde cow-eyed bitch" coming on to him?

I love making eye contact.

on the subway.

Nico has inflated my ego about my eyes for years. Telling me i have such "big beautiful eyes". I like to think I have super powers with them. Im perhaps even aggressive with eye contact sometimes, on the subway and what not. Sometimes Im quite shy with them though, when someone glares back.

Sometimes we used to sit and just stare, and "talk" with our eyes, whole conversations even. Not while fucking, but that usually followed.

I can always out stare my cats, always.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 11:59 am:

I tend to make a lot of eye contact, because I think it's important to let people know you're paying attention to them when they talk to you.

I usually win staring contests. I don't find them at all discomfiting.

When I'm mad at someone, I can't look them in the eye. I just can't! I can't bear to look at their face at all. I try to hide my anger, but that's one thing I can't control.

I've been told I have doe eyes. I don't know if that was meant literally or figuratively.

By TBone on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 12:15 pm:

I think I make eye contact just out of some weird habit. I think I make people uncomfortable on occasion. But I don't know where to look. I think I stare, but I can't help it. If I'm really intent on what someone's saying, I'll see shadow-silhouettes of their head everywhere I look for a few minutes.

My eyes need a screensaver.

By cyst on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 12:32 pm:

a lot of seattleites think olympians are cliquish and uppity. I think they're very nice.

after I visited agatha I went to a gas station / car wash. the cashier girl wanted to chat with me. I couldn't believe it.

By J on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 01:22 pm:

I always look people in the eye,and have used them as a powerful flirting tool,you can tell when I'm mad or when I'm about to cry.That goes for everybody I guess. I can look you in the eye and lie though,but only if I'm in really big trouble.

By pez on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

sometimes i chat with my customers. just last week, i chatted with a woman for about ten minutes about tattoos. she hates them, but her brother (a former sk8r/punk and current minister) has a bunch. apparently there's this former tattoo artist in england that uses his knowledge to remove/change tattoos of former gang members.

By Czarina on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

I think J is referring to things we used to call "trouble with a capital T!" Although lying isn't a good thing,sometimes it can be advantagous to ones well being.

No Patrick,"cow-eyes" wasn't coming onto psycho man,he's very delusional.One of my patients was convinced that I was a cricket,and he could see me rubbing my legs together,but wanted to know why he couldn't hear the "cricket sound".
    I don't recall ever rubbing my legs together at work,but after this was brought to my attention,I have made sure not to rub them together,just in case,I might make that cricket sound.I would be very disturbed by that noise,coming from my loins.

I make eye contact all the time,total strangers will spill their guts to me.I must just have that kind of a face.

By J on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

To steal a line on another thread..."it's all about attitude".

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact