strange questions

sorabji.com: Sex: strange questions
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:53 pm:

What are some of the weird things your partner has asked you? not just sex, but relationships in general.

Last night, Kazu asked me how long I thought it would take me to come up with a list of women I thought were hotter than she was. Of course, I didn't and couldn't answer that (and I think she mainly wanted to see what my reaction would be to the question).

She'll have to fill in the context for that, I would screw up the details.

By The Watcher on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:56 pm:

There are certain questions that should never be asked, and especially not answered in a relationship.

"Am I fat?"

"Do you think she's prettier than me?"

ect.

By kazu on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:58 pm:

The question emerged out of a conversation that I had earlier with my friend Henry (not his real name). Now the thing about Henry is he displays a lot of personality traits that are associated with "guys." He tells me more than he tells most people about how he's feeling, but he also talks to me the same way he talks to his other "guy" friends.

So we started talking about how he and his girlfriend who are doing the South Beach diet. He lost 14 pounds and she only lost 2-3. Then the conversation sort of morphed into a discussion about how she looks in general and how, despite his attraction to her, he thinks there are a lot of women out there who are hotter than she is and that if asked to name them, he'd be around a long time. So this upset me a little, not that he thinks there are extremely attractive women in the world who are not his girlfriend, but that he could hold the comparison in his head so easily. But anyway, there are other things about Henry that worry me more than this, it was just a conversation. I'm not worried about how he feels about his girlfriend...well sometimes I am, but in a more complicated way. Let's just say, I know he thinks she's beautiful.

Then, I asked him if he thought Sem felt that way. He's never met him, but I wanted to see if he thought this was just one of those guy things. He didn't seem to. He asked me if I could. And I said, while I could probably make a list of very attractive men, if I was asked specifically to make a list who is hotter than sem, I couldn't do it. I mean, it's apples and oranges. I can't hold them both in my head.

Anyway, the point of me asking the question last night was just to get his reaction which was exactly what I thought it would be and also just a way to start the conversation.

This is one of those questions that just shouldn't be asked. I felt I could safely ask it because I knew how he was going to react and also why I asked it. If you're asking it in a more serious fashion, that is a terrible thing to do. I had shit like that. Questions like these are manipulative and only cause tension and feed insecurities.

By kazu on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:59 pm:

I *hate* not *had* shit like that.

By Anitgone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:23 pm:

"Questions like these are manipulative and only cause tension and feed insecurities."

So, why'd you do it? :)

I think, for most men, appearance is not entangled with emotions. Thus, making a "mental comparison" of appearance does not involve the murky emotions and is pretty quick, straight forward.

Not so for most women, which is why men should never, EVER answer such questions. If pressed for an answer, just start singing a medley of 70's love songs in a loud, off key manner.

By kazu on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:33 pm:

"So, why'd you do it?"

Because I am manipulative and thrive on my insecurities.

Slow dancing, swaying to the music
    Slow dancing, just me and my girl
    Slow dancing, swaying to the music
    No one else in the whole wide world

(so you can have it in your head too)

By Antigone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:35 pm:

Actually, I was thinking of "Baby come back" or "You are my shining star."

By Antigone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:37 pm:

And "Dust in the wind," of course. That's always floating around my unconscious. But you can't really sing that. And it's not a love song.

Oh yeah, the break to "If you want my body and you think I'm sexy" is on a continuous loop, too.

By semillama on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:48 pm:

"If pressed for an answer, just start singing a medley of 70's love songs in a loud, off key manner."

After she asked me, I very nearly started singing:

"We Like Tha Moon/Becuz it is close to us/We Like the MOOOOON..."

By kazu on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:52 pm:

ARGH!!! STOP!

By Antigone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 03:25 pm:

Fly me to the moon
    And let me play among the stars
    Let me see what spring is like
    On Jupiter and Mars
    In other words hold my hand
    In other words darling kiss me...

By Antigone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 03:26 pm:

Fill my life with song
    And let me sing forevermore
    You are all I hope for
    All I worship and adore
    In other words please be true
    In other words I love you!

By J on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 04:02 pm:

Boz Scagg's We're All Alone,that brings back memories,hmmm I better take a bath and try to forget how old I am.

By heather on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 04:17 pm:

i ask if i really am crazy

no answer for that, either

By kazu on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

I ask if I am wierd. I always get an answer for that.

By heather on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 04:23 pm:

me too!

the answer is: duh

By Antigone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 05:13 pm:

My answer is, "Dirt cheap homes demagogue, RADIO FUCKADELIC!!"

By semillama on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 06:22 pm:

Kazu and I are going to go see P-Funk when she comes up.

I bet she kisses me this time.

By Bureeeehhh on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 05:16 am:

no you are not fat
    you only have to lose weight...

no she is not prettier than yo
    she's...different!!!

By The Watcher on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 01:30 pm:

Pinky and the Brain
    Pinky and the Brain
    One is a genious. The other is insane.

They're labratory mice who's genes have been spliced.

They're Pinky and the Brain. Brain. Brain...

By Lapis on Tuesday, March 2, 2004 - 09:08 pm:

...Now Pete could take the heat
    and the mite could put up a fight,
    but together each had to be alone,
    'cause Petes horse was what the mite called home...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact