Why does sex hurt?

sorabji.com: Sex: Why does sex hurt?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Kayle on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 05:50 pm:

It hurts sometimes. though, i tough it out because it later feels good, great.

By la on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 02:42 am:

hrm.

what hurts is being scraped, along and inside, your nether regions, so you're no longer only nude and vulnerable, but literally bleeding.
    what hurts is, after sex with a cute and semi-passionate stranger, they turn away and you (collectively) sleep, together and apart, in the same bed, feeling so much lonelier than simply alone.
    what hurts later on, after drunkenly spending a night in a friend's bed and fleeing in confusion and half-fear, the wondering look that is placed on oneself for far too long and not knowing how to apologize and dismiss feelings or to just avoid feeling like an asshole.

but that's just what it is.

By droopy on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 05:45 pm:

love hurts
    love scars
    love wounds and mars any heart
    not tough nor strong enough
    to take a lot of pain
    take a lot of pain
    love is like a cloud
    holds a lot of rain.
    Love hurts
    ooh ooh
    love hurts

i'm young I know but even so
    i know a thing or two I've learned from you
    i've really learned a lot
    really learned a lot.
    love is like a flame
    burns you when it's hot.
    love hurts
    ooh ooh
    love hurts

some fools rave of happiness
    blissfulness
    togetherness
    some fools fool themselves i guess

but they're not fooling me, I know it isn't true
    no it isn't true.
    love is just a lie made to make you blue.
    love hurts
    ooh ooh
    love hurts.

By Spider on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 07:52 pm:

Nazareth! \O/

By ... on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:17 pm:

I almost fucked a Portuguese roll last night in the kitchen by the sink.

By jack on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:30 pm:

sounds delicious. or something.

also sounds like a coinage.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:42 pm:

your sick.......

By jck on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:14 am:

you're wrdz R crzy

By droopy on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:21 am:

so many different kinds of foodstuffs are fuckable, dr. pepper: melons, a warm loaf of fresh-baked bread; the choices are endless.

some can be painful, though. pineapples fuck like melons, but it can a be painful holding them. and venison can seriously injure you (unless you shoot the deer).

did you know that "love hurts" was originally recorded by the everly brothers in 1960? it was also recorded by roy orbison, gram parsons with emmylou harrison, and i think one other guy before nazareth recorded their version. i have heard that nazareth originally only released that song in the u.s. so british metal fans wouldn't think they were selling out.

By platypus on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:42 am:

I used to have a friend with quite the fetish for barbecued pork buns.

By Spider on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:01 am:

Was that before or after Nazareth released "Dream On," then?

By Spider on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:05 am:

Wait, what am I asking you for? I've got reference skillz.

"Love Hurts" (off Forget Me Nots, 1975)
    "Dream On (off 2XS, 1982)

By Nate on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:01 pm:

pork buns? how can you fuck something that you're actually going to want to eat as soon as you come? or is that part of the attraction?

in the book i'm reading someone masturbated with (something) full of pigs livers. i can't remember what that something is, though.

sounded like a good idea.

By platypus on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 01:57 pm:

I never really got into the specifics of the pork bun fetish for that very reason, Nate. I assume it's because they are...warm? And soft? And...er? Maybe it was the thought of someone else eating the pork bun that was appealing?

By agatha on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 02:10 pm:

Remind me never to read that book, whatever it is. Hurl.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 03:10 pm:

"true north" by jim harrison. it isn't described, just referred to as something some background character did.

the book is excellent.

By agatha on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:56 pm:

Hmmm. Okay. Maybe I'll give it a chance.

By droopy on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 03:47 am:

dig it: i just "love hurts" in spanish by a band called yindio. the nazareth version of that song kind of spoiled that song for me; at this time of my life, it almost sounds like a micheal bolton song. but a spanish interpretation might be what i need. here it is:

dolor...
    de amor, tu adios
    me dio, y tambien
    mato, en mi, la ilusion
    aqui en mi corazon
    llevo una herida cruel
    que no podra cerrar
    nunca jamas
    dolor, ooh ooh (de amor)

adios, amor
    te puedes ir
    ya no hay rencor
    en mi, solo hay
    dolor, aqui en mi corazon
    llevo una herida cruel
    que no podra cerrar
    nunca jamas
    dolor, ooh ooh (de amor)

quise amar
    amar de verdad
    y solo recibi, tu falcedad
    nunca mas volvere a querer
    como una vez te ame
    aqui en mi corazon
    llevo una herida cruel
    que no podra cerrar
    nunca jamas
    dolor, ooh ooh (de amor)
    ooh ooh (de amor)

aqui en mi corazon
    llevo una herida cruel
    que no podra cerrar
    nunca jamas
    dolor, ooh ooh (de amor)
    ooh ooh (dolor)

By Kayle on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 05:44 pm:

well, la you just said everything that i thought.

it's not the actual digging that hurts, it's more like the impatience of your loved one that does not understand, "hold on".

fuck, man

or fuck men

By Kayle on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 05:46 pm:

michael bolton and spanish people get along great, by the way. my impatient asshole is spanish.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:07 am:

droopy....cara de cuelo... I think I got that spelling correct.

By Nate on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 01:02 am:

tienes una cara de culo, doctor pepe

By Dr Pepe on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 01:59 am:

pendejo

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact