Greaseman

sorabji.com: Weeds: Greaseman
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By PetRock on Thursday, March 4, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

Who listens to this asshole anyway? I say that it's 2 strikes and he's out of here. Please don't let any other radio station hire this jerk.

Strike 1: Ten years or more ago, Greaseman is quoted as saying, (in reference to Martin Luther King Day), something to the effect of "Let's shoot 4 more and get the week off".

Strike 2: The day after the Grammy's, Greaseman plays a selection from the new Lauryn Hill record and then says, (this time referring to the James Byrd murder in Texas), "No wonder people drag them behind trucks."

No matter what other people say, or what he himself says, he is a racist. He is a bigot.

This is something that I would not be surprised to hear coming from the likes of OB.

By Swine on Thursday, March 4, 1999 - 01:54 pm:

he's a racist,
    he's a bigot,
    and he's also one stupid motherfucker.

i hope he's got a good security system installed at home.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 12:23 am:

And he's being defended by a black man who once referred to white's as "crackers."

Gotta fucking love it.

By Swine on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 01:45 am:

uhh.. "defended"? by me?

you may need to take "reading comprehension 101" one more time.

read the statement, think about social reality, then respond again. be sure i'll offer extra credit if you need to pass.

By Out of the Loop Gee on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 02:26 am:

Who is Greaseman?

By Nate on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 11:50 am:

Did you hear his press confrence where he apologized to the African American community? I don't think you have to be black to be offended by those statements. Perhaps he should have apologized to everyone.

By PetRock on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 01:13 pm:

Swine: Jim is talking about Rock Newman taking Greaseman's side in his first press conference.

By PetRock on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 01:21 pm:

And yeah, I did notice that he seemed to assume that only African-American's would be offended by his statement. As if I, being white, didn't find his comment disgusting, immoral, bigoted...etc.

Where's my apology? He's offended everyone with his initial statement. And then he did it again with his apology.

He doesn't have a clue....

By NZAngel on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 04:50 pm:

Greaseman?

Hasn't made the news over here, but Monica is on the front cover of every "Woman's" magazine this week.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 05:27 pm:

Swine: yeah, what Pete said is right. Rock Newman is a local political jerk.

By Swine on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 06:09 pm:

i'm a jerk too.

sorry for the bad-tequila knee-jerk reaction.

i wrote a lengthy rant about the whole greaseman thing, but i don't think i'll bother to post it.

basically, the gist is that i'd like to hit the guy in the head with a baseball bat.

By R.C. on Friday, March 5, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

No, Swine! Pls. do post it! I guess I'm totally outta the loop/but I've never heard of Greaseman. What radio station/market is he in?
    Is he just a Howard Stern-type asshole who'll say anything just to be a rise out of people/or is he part of some redneck racist organization -- what's the deal w/this guy?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

By PetRock on Tuesday, March 9, 1999 - 12:40 pm:

R.C. - he's a local loser (who tried to go national a few years ago but came crawling back to the D.C. market when the national audiences failed to materialize). He specializes in doing weird voices and skits that never fail to creep me out....and to see this guy LIVE! God, he looks like a pompous shithead with a face like a hatchet.

But yeah, I guess you could compare him to Stern - if you really wanted to - only he's less successful.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, March 9, 1999 - 02:03 pm:

I have actually had the misfortune of talking to that boob on the phone. Pompous is a supreme understatement. Hatchethead is very appropriate though!

By Thuff on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 11:58 pm:

I've met the Greaseman, he's a real nice guy and he's pretty funny too. There are just a lot of people out there that are so touchy about every little thing that he kept finding himself in trouble. It seems people can laugh at everybody but themselves. The Greaseman replace Howard Stern at Washington DC's DC/101 after Howard Stern was fired for a similar comment that touched a nerve. The Greaseman had a multi-million dollar contract at DC/101 where he ruled the airwaves in the 80's and early 90's with his bizarre skits and zany brand of local humor. He took the station to new heights before being fired about 10 years later. He went national for a while before being tempted back to DC's in the late 90's by 94.7 with another multi-million dollar contract but was never able to recapture his former popularity.

By Ratzbak on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:07 am:

If you don't like him, turn him off. He'll never miss you. After all he's the one with a radio program. All you guys have is a wet tissue.

By J on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:38 am:

By Snuf on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 01:40 pm:

After reading the above messages(those dated before 01/15/04), my opinion of people and their ability to laugh at life and at themselves remains the same.

That some people have never heard of the Greaseman is a real shame!

Some people have an undeveloped sense of humor and wouldn't recognize "funny" if it hit them in the ass! So many individuals take every little item as if it is the whole world. Lighten up!

People feel because they were born into certain ethnic, religous, geographical, etc. situations, they should be exempt from the jabs and digs of comedy or just every day speech.

I'm from Georgia(hillbilly?), fat, poor and I dress funny. I am a 5'9", 375# accomplished powerlifter with martial art training(big deal!) I take a lot of crap from people in general. I don't have to do so, but I let it roll off. "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."

I have met The Greaseman. He is a REALLY cooool sumbitch. Doug is a handsome dude(not as handsome as me, but then who is?). In my humble opinion, if you don't like his product or delivery of such, you are dim of wit. Tune him off.

As far as "Swine"(what an appropriate moniker!) and his opinion goes, he is obviously a loud mouthed, chicken shit, empty headed sack-o-shit. Stick your baseball up your ass you moron(my apologies to the morons of the world)...nothing personal.

Howard Stern blows, and to make ANY comparison between him and the Greaseman tells me that you are a bag of assholes.

I am obviously not an accomplished writer, and I apologize for the disjointedness of the above, Time has been a factor.

Grease is "THE BEST", Grease rules, long live the Grease!

By TBone on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 04:05 pm:

Lighten up, dude.

By Snuf on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 11:28 pm:

To TBone ~

Your point is taken. I tend to get wound up. I certainly mean no harm, I'm just passionate about some things.

Thanks, Snuf

P.S. ~ The Grease is still da bestest what is!

By M on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 09:04 pm:

Bring back Ron and Fez.

By Bottom line on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 09:32 am:

The Greaseman is an incredibly talented individual,who is the victim of ignorance.Whatever happened to the right to free speech in this country? When I hear a "black" comedian poking fun at "whites" I reason that,his right to speak his mind is more important than my not being offended.

By Truth on Tuesday, March 9, 2004 - 07:55 pm:

Bottom line is right. Blacks can make fun of whites, have their own tv network and that's fine. If whites came out with White Entertainment Television it would not last more than a week before it was shut down. Blacks dont care if Grease makes fun of them, cause they are not listening to him. It is white assholes with nothing better to do then sit there with their bleeding pussies that are making a big deal about everything!

By R.K. on Wednesday, April 7, 2004 - 11:25 pm:

I have been listening to Grease for over 20 years {live in d.c. area}and I wonder how many of the anti-Grease folks have ever heard his show...all the way through.His show is not scripted,it is done on the fly.When you broadcast on the edge like that, you are bound to cross the line sometimes...He makes fun of EVERYONE ,including HIMSELF.He makes me[& a lot of people]laugh on our way to work.And that counts for something.Find something that MATTERS to gripe about

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact