Boy Bands

sorabji.com: Weeds: Boy Bands
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Babel16 on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 06:00 pm:

nothin in history would be affected if we just got rid of these sickening boy bands. theyre like an itch in your back that you just cant reach. they cant sing, they cant dance, they dont write their own shit, and the only reason theyre on the charts is bcuz they got themselves some abs. they have no personality whatsover and nothing worthwile to offer society. hell, if they were immigrants they would be deported bcuz they havent done anything.

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:51 am:

True....true....true....all too true!!! While you're at it though, you might want to think about getting rid of some of the girl bands too. They're just as annoying. All I have to say is...death to the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys first!!!!

By Gee on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 06:35 am:

What's a "boy band"? It's not just a band made up of boys, is it, cuz I know a lot of bands with boys that rock.

By Mala-dicta on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 11:40 am:

Hanson?

By Babel16 on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 01:36 pm:

draven-- yes spice girls, b*witched, and anyother band like that needs to go.
    Gee- i described boy bands quite well, an all male band with no talent who survive by singing sickening love songs and leeching off of pubescent teens' hormones
    Mala- hanson should be the first to be erased. they were the beginning of the recent wave of boy bands.

By Gee on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 01:41 am:

Sometimes I like boy band songs. It's usually very temporary, but every now and then I hear one that's pretty catchy (in that common, just-like-everyone-else sort of way).

By Babel16 on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 03:06 pm:

I have those frightening feelings occasionally too. its usually when im feeling quite vulnerable. and thats how they get ya (hehe... i always wanted to say that). they still need to be erased.

By Wjierd on Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 09:11 pm:

the beatles were a boy band...

By patrick on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:18 am:

so was Sabbath

By semillama on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:29 am:

so is motorhead.

But if you want to talk "boy band" in teh modern sense of the word...

Anyone familiar with the band TRUSTcompany? I think they are a boy band masquerading as a heavy rock/nu-metal/emo band.

Rollins had something to say about that. He said you should either be a rock band or a boy band, not both. He did a great impression of one of these new rock acts whcih act all hard and yell for the verse, then in the chorus sound like choirboys. He then associated this music with the people in LA who drive SUVs, especially the young males who drive hummers and H2s (he referred to those vehicles as "dickheads"). He then did an awesome pantomime of one of those guys behind the wheel, singing along to one of those songs. I almost wet myself.

By Spider on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 11:48 am:

GodDAMN I want to see that man. Once in my life. Please, Henry, come to DC soon.

By wisper on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

stop telling what he said, sem! save some for me!
    just wait 24 hours!

By patrick on Friday, January 31, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

did he perform shirtless sem? girls like that part.

By wisper on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 09:53 pm:

no

but for us he talked for 2 and a half hours on only 4 sips of water.
    Last time it was 3 for 3, but you know, he's getting older.

the best part was about his audition for (and landing a part in) Bad Boys 2.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 11:39 am:

henry shouldnt act.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 4, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

He'll be the first to admit that he doesn't!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact