Obscene phone calls

sorabji.com: Weeds: Obscene phone calls
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:06 pm:

Just got two in the past 2 minutes. The first took the usual heavy breathing/"hey baby" approach; the second was weirder -- weird sounds in the background and no one spoke.

How do people get off on this?

Last year I got one at 6 am on a Saturday. Who is awake and thinking of those kinds of things at that time of the day? And why do they have to involve innocent people in their deviance?

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:13 pm:

I get them all the time,did you *69 them?

By Rhiannon on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:18 pm:

No, I don't think I have that service on my phone. I just took the phone off the hook. No one else is going to call me at this time of the day anyway. I even thought to myself before I picked up the phone the first time, "I bet this is one of those calls." And I was right.

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:25 pm:

Call the phone company and have a trace put on it.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:00 pm:

*69 works from any phone, I think.
    And I like to see if I can scare the obscene callers.
    He's all into it until I mention the chair, the handcuffs and the John Holmes model strap-on.
    Or I give them some serial-killer trip.
    Or blood-fetishism (after all, in this day and age, phone sex is really the only outlet for such things, but man, you start talking about taking out that straight razor and I can guarantee you, you'll have on totally reformed obscene phone caller on your hands)

Or you can just call the cops, but I prefer to handle it myself.

By Rhiannon on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

I don't have the presence of mind to talk that much to those guys. I was pretty proud of myself for telling that guy at 6 am, "What are you doing? You should be asleep!" Usually I just hang up without saying anything.

Really, what ARE they doing? I can't imagine masturbating and feeling the need to involve a stranger in on the proceedings, especially when that stranger is only going to hang up or, at best, respond negatively. People are weird.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:51 pm:

It depends upon how bored I am.
    If I'm busy, I'll hang up and *69 (and get their mother or wife or somebody most of the time)

But if I'm bored, I will amuse myself at the fucker's expense.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 05:20 pm:

sometimes it's fun to play back, often you may catch them off guard, prank calling just isn't like it used to be, with caller id, *69 and such.........i met this one freak at an art gallery once and he just started calling me (i gave him my photography flyer which has my number, mistake #1) and would just start talking, rambling, babbling, he is actually pretty funny, so i said he should just start calling at random and tell me a different story each time, he has done so once or twice and it was amusing for about the first 5 minutes, but then i just hang up, our relationship is such

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 05:28 pm:

Blowing a LOUD whistle will hurt they,re ears.

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 05:29 pm:

What the fuck is wrong with me? Their

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 05:43 pm:

I'm not touching you
    I'm not touching you
    I'm not touching you

NO, I STILL don't think it's a coincidence.

And I don't want to hear bitch one from the sheep, since he pulled the same shit (much worse, actually) and nobody said a word to him.

By Czarina on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 06:24 pm:

I like Lucy's idea------- if they're making weird calls, chances are they are well aware of John Holmes endowment, and strapped to a chair, with no control, could be a pretty scary predicament to find ones perverted self in, with a mad female with a strap on Holmes appendage at hand. Yes, I like this idea very much!

By Kymical on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:12 pm:

i like to talk to them.
    you never know what you will find.

they don't seem to want to say anything.

odd really. they seem so eager to reach out and touch someone yet they seem to have nothing else to talk about.

i have made a few calls in my time as well. but i wasn't directly involved. but it was fun. we only called once, they called back the whole day.

you gotta admire other people's need to rise to the occasion.

sometimes i wish that they would prank me with something like "i really like you, but i can't talk to you."
    i would be like, "well that is cool i talk to myself all the time, so i can do the talking for both of us."

maybe i am sick. i mean after all i want a stalker as well.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:14 pm:

i like you Kym,

er...syrup.....

er...black syrup.....

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:48 pm:

stalkers... most of them are amateurs... and where do you put their dumb dead asses when you're done with them?

By semillama on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:57 pm:

I hear the Alpo plant gladly takes them.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 07:58 pm:

and Korean bar B Q s

By Stalking Antigone on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 10:25 pm:

I'm not eating pie
    I'm not eating pie
    I'm not eating pie

BOGGA! BOOGA! BOOGA!

By Gee on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 01:37 am:

I've never gotten a Really obscene phone call. I've gotten wrong numbers that have turned into good conversations, and I've gotten boys phoning and trying to coerce me into talking dirty, and one time I got a message on my voice mail that was, like Rhiannon said, just background noises. It took up the entire message space, and I had to listen to the whole thing to get rid of it. I was Really annoyed.

By Kymical under your window on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 02:01 am:

i have been called a stalker. but i think of it more as a hobby than anything.

i don't stalk people i have an emotional connection with. but sometimes by definition that is stalking. i guess iam not one of those girls that is going to stalk a guy i dated so i can scare him.

i stalk people i don't know, mostly for control reasons. i want to control their first meeting with me. mostly cause there are times when i would like people to met me. the first time-ness of a moment is nifty. while to the other person it can seem purely happenstance. lots of my friends i stalked before talking to them directly. later in our friendship i told them of this.

they have all been flattered.

i think people want to be adored, i see what i do as that in a very distant form.

plus it makes me more observant and perceptive.
    people find it odd when i will comment something about someone we have just met. that gets me called a stalker, but really i am paying attention to the things people give away freely.

By The Watcher on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 03:20 am:

Does anyone still make obscene phone calls any more?

I mean with caller id anyone can pretty much know who called.

Unless of course the call is made through a payphone. And, you can't find many of those anymore. Even if you did it's not like in the old days when you could close the door and have some privacy.

By droopy on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 01:05 pm:

buy a prepaid cell phone from walmart. you'll be
    able to make obscene phone calls to your heart's
    content. let us know how it goes.

By Ms. Pepper on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 08:07 pm:

I <3 making obscene phone calls! :-P

By The Watcher on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 05:12 am:

Ok, Ms. Pepper how is that working for you?

By Ms. Pepper on Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 11:32 am:

To lighten up my spirit! :-)

By The Watcher on Monday, August 26, 2013 - 07:31 am:

Whatever helps

By Ms. Pepper on Monday, August 26, 2013 - 01:39 pm:

There you go! ,So how are you doing?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 09:03 pm:

Miserable. As usual.

Though I am going to the beach for the next couple of days.

That should help some. Although last year I did have one of my worst depression attacks. We'll see.

By Ms. Pepper on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 01:11 pm:

I have seen that kind of depression type. So, I am attending the community college as a part time student and working on full time employee. This should occupy me from getting depressed...

By The Watcher on Sunday, September 1, 2013 - 03:41 am:

I got back Friday.

I had a pretty good time. No deep depression. No anxiety attacks.

Although some people did get my goat a few times. Mostly bad drivers. Doesn't anybody remember you are supposed to leave one car length between you and the car in front for every ten miles per hour you are driving?

Then there were the women in the Jockey store. Can someone tell me what it is with women and underwear? I swear every woman I saw in that store was having detailed discussions with the sales staff, at the register, about their underwear purchases. One woman was doing this over her husbands purchase. Can't they make up their minds before they get to the register?

By Ms. Pepper on Sunday, September 1, 2013 - 12:57 pm:

Maybe she wanna wear men's jockey.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 6, 2013 - 03:38 am:

Jockey does make women's underwear too.

By Ms. Pepper on Friday, September 6, 2013 - 08:15 pm:

As long it makes someone feels comfortable...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact