Secret Whiteboy Handjive.

sorabji.com: Weeds: Secret Whiteboy Handjive.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 03:52 pm:

As much as I used to enjoy discussion here, I find that I have no choice but to leave the boards, as it is impossible for me to post anything without being blitzed by vindictive whiteboys.
    I'm sure all the whiteboys will congratulate themselves for driving me off.

Please allow me to make my reasons crystal clear:
    Every time I post, the whiteboys' brigade (and Isolde who, as I said, is not the sharpest crayon in the box to begin with and will pretty much go along with any mean-spirited mob) descend on the thread in a swarm until all discusssion has been eliminated. They're like cockroaches.
    Every time I post, I am blitzed by endless mindless flames from whiteboys who usually, (e.g. Vegetable) don't even KNOW what I'm talking about, much less care about the discussion.

I am even starting to get unwanted mailing lists (since the flamewar started). While I wouldn't make any outright accusations, I certainly would not put it past any of the whiteboys' brigade.

Their constant harassement has made going online a miserable experience and it's not worth it.
    And it is certainly not worth enduring terrorism just to spend time in a community that supports such behavior, as people here have.

You haven't won, shitboy, you've just proven that you are an asshole. I hope you are proud of your ability to terrorize people.

In conclusion, I hate you all.

By Gee on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 04:44 pm:

If you ignore the people you don't like, eventually they'll stop talking to you. You people may not realize it, but there are a few people here I have zero respect for, and as a result of that I compleatly ignore them. I don't think they even notice it, but since I've started this they don't speak to me much and I don't have to pay attention to anything they say. It's easy once you get the hang of it.

If you think you can't ignore the people you don't like (and I can understand the temptation to respond is strong) then I think you're making the right decision in leaving. It's not worth coming here if you're not having fun. I've never had anything against you and I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck with everything.

By Moonit on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 05:43 pm:

Gee that was a really nice thing to say. Considering at the end of Lucy's post she told everyone she hates them. I would of just ignored it (like I have been with her and Patrick's discussions).

By R.C. on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 06:50 pm:

Day-um -- izzat how I sounded back when I left?

Well, to each her own. But there are lots of folks here who never flamed you, Lucy. I know it's hard/but you can focus on the folks who like you & just ignore the rest.

But hey -- do what you feel you gotta do.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 10:04 pm:

I might incur "reduced respect" from some people for saying this, (or negative if I'm already at zero) but I gotta say what I feel: If Lucy can't take what she dishes out, that too fucking bad.

And, if there's been any conspiracy involving how to treat Lucy, it's been to lay off. The time I asked Patrick to e-mail me it was to tell him that Lucy might do something rash and it would be best to cool things down.

Finally, the thing about the mailing lists was probably directed at me since I've insinuated my knowledge of computers. Mailing lists? Give me a fucking break! I would never do something so lame...

By R.C. on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 10:52 pm:

Well, I don't know all the details/so I really cdn't comment at length. But my respect for you is undiminished. :)

And Antigone: If you're a computer whiz/cd you PLEASE tell me where to get hold of the "Dial Up Networking" folder that's supposed to be part of my Control Panel folder in Win95? Mine isn't there. I don't know where it went or if it was ever there. But NetZone & Freeweb & all these free ISPs everyone keeps turning me onto all require me to do some shit w/Dial Up Networking /otherwise I can't load their software. (AOL doesn't let me into the boards most of the time/ so I need to hook up one of those freejack browsers.)

The only reason I've been all over the boards for the past couple of days is becuz it's slow at work & our boss it out of town til Mon.

Feel free to email me/but put DIAL UP in the subject/so I won't see an unfamiliar address & delete it/thinking yr msg. is spam.

By Patrick on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 11:59 am:

perhaps you need to reinstall windows, or at least reinstall form the add/remove programs folder.....antigone it's always safe to assume you are working from a zero respect tier......i do, and i know with some it's true, but at least you aren't let down.....but i have been in sorta of a self depracating mood lately, perhaps i should go to Rhi's self pity board

By Gee on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 12:34 pm:

I don't mean for this to sound condescending, but I feel very sympathetic towards the way Lucifer is feeling because she reminds me so much of someone I know in reality that I care for a lot.

By Mikelurker on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 12:56 am:

Dial-up networking resides in Accesories under Programs when it is installed. It's not usually a default. You'll have to Add/Remove programs from the Control Panel if it's not there.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 01:15 am:

Why would that be condescending, Gee?

I actually feel very similarly. An old and dear friend of mine used to have a lot of anger like Lucy seems to have. It was really rough being around her and I eventually had to learn how to not let her step all over me. I also learned that when she was in certain moods absolutely anything I did, positive or negative, evoked anger. Deja vu...

By Gee on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 02:57 am:

Yes, that's how it is with my friend. She's hard to be around sometimes because I don't always know what I might say or do to set her off. And once she gets mad, she Stays mad for quite a while.

I think that might seem condescending like I think I know Lucifer's mind so well or something.

Anyway, I'm begining to feel like I'm talking about her behind her back, so I think I'll bow out now.

Antigone, this year for christmas I want all of the people I care about to think of me at the exact same moment. I think that would be great. If you can fill all your weird friend's weird lists, can you give me that? You're like Sorabji Claus.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:14 am:

That's a really sweet thing for you to say, Gee! When is the moment in question?

By Gee on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 02:55 am:

Any moment will do. I prefer for it to be on Christmas day, and not too early in the morning because I don't know when I or my friends will be waking up.

Are you ever just going along in the course of your day and all of a sudden you stop and get the feeling that someone speciphic is thinking about you? That happens to me sometimes. I'm brushing my teeth and suddenly I think "Marc is thinking about me right now." It's a good thing. It's nice to know that the people you like are thinking about you. If all of the people I care about suddenly thought of me at the same moment, I'm sure I'd feel it, and I think it would really be nice.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact