New Crop of Game Shows

sorabji.com: Weeds: New Crop of Game Shows
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Tuesday, January 25, 2000 - 09:30 pm:

This is an actual question from Wanna Be a Millionaire:

Which of the following tastes describes seawater?

A) Fruity
    B) Minty
    C) Sweet
    D) Salty

I chose minty which was wrong (my lifeline wasn't home.) Evidently, it's salty.

By Gee on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 12:41 am:

I don't mind that show so much. It's all the spoofs and parody's of that show that I really really mind. I just saw a public service announcment about not drinking and driving done in the style of that show. grrr!

By Markus on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 04:28 am:

It's fruity. Haven't you ever heard of the fruits of the sea? Just ask the Italians.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 10:50 am:

MAN GRAPES!

so someone tell me about this. game shows back in vogue?

doesn't look like it's competing with jeopardy.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 01:53 pm:

Who wants to be a millionaire strikes me as aimed for th elowest common denominator. Plus, they seem to coddle their players. I think they should have to compete on "Battle Dome" if they get a question wrong.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 02:14 pm:

is it hosted by Mr. T ?

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, January 26, 2000 - 02:41 pm:

And then there's 'GREED' with host Chuck Woolery, the old host of Love Connection. They have an elimination round at the beginning, similar to that of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire's, where one person ends up getting the boot. They take the person with the fastest time on the elimination round and stick that person up front on a podium as 'captain', and the other 4 or 5 team members in their positions. One by one they're given a question and try to answer it, but it's the captain's job to either keep or reject that answer. Essentially the fate of the team lies on his/her shoulders. Unlike WWTBAM, there's no plateau where if they miss a question, they're guaranteed 'x amnt' of money to fall back on. They can stop @ any point, however and split the winnings. But answer one wrong and it's all over.

I haven't really seen the new 21 w/host Maury Povich but I heard he does a terrible job @ hosting. Gee... really?

By J on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 02:19 am:

It really annoys me the way Regis drags it out,"thats your decision..........,for a thousand dollaaaas?"

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 03:47 am:

He likes watching the contestants sweat and second guess themselves.

Sick & cruel little man.

By J on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 04:48 am:

I hear ya!!

By R.C. on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 05:31 am:

I dunno if it's new or ont/but I really like The Inquizitor. The questions are quasi-difficult. And there's no false drama from the host -- you never see the questioner's face. But they only seem to feature college kids. (Yo, Sem -- you cd qualify!) But I never tune in long enuf to see what people win.

I keep telling my Mom she shd try to get on Who Wants to be a Millionaire/becuz she knows all the damn answers. But she says she cd never make it past the prelim round where you have to list whatever they give you in date order. Plus you have to call a 900 # 1st to pre-qualify by phone/& she patently refuses to pay for a phone call which won't yield an immdeiate qualification.

And she says they never post the call in number during the show.

I'm still waiting for them to air the Sopranos gameshow spinoff/"Who Wants to be a Hitman?" I was born in Brooklyn/,my Dad was a cop/I cd qualify for that in a NY-minute.

I gotchya fuckin' game show right he-ah -- fugeddaboudit!

By semillama on Thursday, January 27, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

Who wants to be a hitman -LOL!

Hey R. C., I ain't in college no more, but I agree with you about that show, looks challenging.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact