Shaq

sorabji.com: Weeds: Shaq
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 08:48 am:

This guy annoys me. Well, not his personality (he seems like a nice enough giant,) rather his playing. He's 9 foot something, weighs 400+ pounds, could probably bench a Ford Excursion, and can dunk a basketball. Period. He can maybe shoot if he's within a 2 foot perimeter of the basket. Of course he's dominating -- he's fucking Goliath for chrissake. He's got smaller players trying to guard him hanging off him like christmas tree ornaments. The announcers in last night's game made a big deal about him jumping up, catching a lob pass, landing, jumping up again (maybe all of 2 inches off the floor) then slamming the ball down. BFD. Big athletic accomplishment. This isn't basketball. Sure, a slam dunk is emphatic and fun to watch, but watching Shaq stand for 20 seconds in the paint, catching a pass and then pulling the rim off its supports over and over is boring. And god forbid he makes a freethrow. They should make a 12 foot basket for him, and leave the 10 foot for everyone else. Better yet, Mr. O'Neal, you have your ring, now please retire and let some 7' 5" beanpole who can shoot have a chance.

Another beef: I'd love to see somebody wring that weasel of a reporter, Jim Gray's scrawny ass neck (he's the reporter who asked Pete Rose if he wanted to apologize to the nation last year during the All Star game) like Homer Simpson does to Bart (Why you LITTLE...!!!)

By patrick on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 12:07 pm:

gooo Lakers

"burn that car burn that car YEAH YEAH!"

"burn the trash can burn the trash can YEAH YEAH!"

By Jay on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

I can't stand Jim Gray. Everytime a new sports event comes up i'm amazed that he still has a job and is there to cover it. he is totally lacking in social grace.
    i know one day that bitch is going to say the wrong thing to the wrong person and he's gonna get hit.
    did you see when that guy on the yankees told him live on the air that he had nothing to say to his ass because of the pete rose thing.
    I thought it was just me.

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

Yeah, it was Shane Spencer who said it to him. It looked like Jim Gray wanted to wither away and die.

By J on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 02:38 pm:

I think it is pathetic that people riot in the street over a basketball game,what is this world coming to?

By Jay on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

I used to live in L.A. and if the Staples Center is anywhere near where the Forum used to be, it doesn't take much to give people a reason to be idiots.

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 07:28 pm:

Why does the proximity of the Staples Center to the old Forum give people a reason to be idiots? I took logic (you know, if A then B and shit) and this ain't no A then B. Non-LA'ers want to know...

By patrick on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 08:02 pm:

ok , people, let me set you all straight. there were NO riots...they were fans, they light bon fires at football celebrations, so here, they light cop cars and news vans on fire.......ITS LA.... granted it was outta line, but they were fans, there was no violence and hardly any arrests. last i checked they fucked chicago up even worse and messed Denver up pretty bad a few years back as well. The proximity of the Staples Center to the Forum is irrelavent.The Forum is inglewood...an essential ghetto, Staples center is in Downtown, in an area that is not that populated.....i sat and watched the sillyness from my roof......it was quite a site

By patrick on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 08:02 pm:

rather "essentially a ghetto"

By Jay on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 09:08 pm:

i used to live in l.a and i didn't know if the forum was knocked down to build the staples place. i haven't lived there in 7 years. if the staples center was in the hood you could see how the "riots" could have more easily been started. just down the street from the forum was ground zero for the real riots in 92'.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 20, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

staples center is next to the convention center down town on figueroa and 11th.

moreover, i love the lecture we got from our local news...........they were like "and you see this is the material the country will see tomorrow, what a shame, nothign but a nuch of hooligans" meanwhile I am like, TURN YOUR GOD DAMN CAMERAS OFF!!!!

1 minute prior to the end of the game there was a public service announcement about "celebrating responsibly."

By J on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 01:44 am:

Do they still have that public service announcement about water conservation? If it's yellow, let it mellow,if it's brown,flush it down?

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:06 am:

Or better yet, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, now's a perfect opportunity to try coprophilia -- come on, you know you want to..."

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:36 am:

hah!

By Jay on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:36 am:

it always comes back around to coprophilia around here doesn't it.
    you know i'm in.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, June 21, 2000 - 08:49 am:

ditto.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact