robbie williams and kylie minogue

sorabji.com: Weeds: robbie williams and kylie minogue
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 10:17 pm:

uncle junior said something in season two when he slipped in the shower and sprained his hip. "sister's cunt" or something.

i wonder if that is a sibling reference or a nun reference.

my hatred for souless people probably stems from some subconscious fear that i am one of them.

i keep looking in the mirror and trying to imagine myself as a man. it freaks me out.

for awhile, after some period of acid eating, i'd frequently look in the mirror and see the devil looking out through my eyes.

now i just see a boy. i've always been a boy.

when do i become an adult? i seem to look like one to other people. maybe not to my parents, and certianly not to myself, but to most people?

do you look like an adult?

when do you cross over?

By Nate on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 10:37 pm:

something that may suprise the americans-- kylie minogue has been making music for years. popular music, even. she might even be an international superstar.

back in 1988 we were plagued by her evil redo of "locomotion". maybe another single after that, and then... poof! off the radar.

she's like the madonna from a parallel universe where people have lower standards.

and hey! she's turned out a duet with robbie williams! who the fuck is this cockwhore and why does he seem to dampen some many non-american recently pubescent panties? he's a cross between harry connick jr and ricky martin, probably from that same parallel universe.

i don't mean to say that the state of american pop music is any better. hell, we produced fred durst. talk about a sterilization candidate.

i just find it odd that if you took someone from robbie williams's target market here in the states and said his name, they'd probably guess he plays baseball. and they might remember kylie minogue as the name on their older sister's vinyl record (long past frisbee'd into a wall, or crapped on in some hi-8 public access tv production.)

By Cat on Friday, January 4, 2002 - 11:35 pm:

I posted the lyrics to a Sinatra song on WAYD and Heather presumed it was Robbie Williams who had inspired me so.

Maybe if his eyes were bluer.

By Nate on Saturday, January 5, 2002 - 03:10 am:

it's just that robbie williams and nicole kidman were hammered into our heads with that song during the final weeks of our UK stay.

double trouble in heather's book.

By patrick on Monday, January 7, 2002 - 11:57 am:

i was listening to the college radio DJ in Raleigh, he was playing a row of tunes by british pop/alterny stars like Travis, Billy Bragg, Wilco and some other lame-asses that i can't recall. Granted Im not a huge fan of this genre but by god its better than the american counterparts such as Blink 182, Creed, Brittany and Kid Rock.

The DJ went on to say that we saved the Brits asses in ww2, now we, the US, could really use some saving in terms of pop culture. I tend to agree with that sentiment as much as pop culture affects me, which aint much.

Although 5 years ago when i found myself in the Britpop superhaven club Madame Lulu's in SoHo/London surrounded by 16,17,18 year old girls smoking fags and bopping around to Jesus Jones and Oasis i probably wouldn't have agreed with that DJ.

I don't consider myself a very good adult. I consider my self quite selfish, sometimes mean. I don't see much in the mirror other than my hair.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact