Good Riddance Hopefully

sorabji.com: Weeds: Good Riddance Hopefully
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 08:18 am:

By Fester on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 09:45 am:

Couldn't agree more. Glad to hear they are off the air. Fucking no-talents.

By Platypus on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:39 am:

hey there christian right, how's it goin'?

By Fester on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 11:46 am:

ron and fez are unitarian but they're another story altogether - them i like

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 12:36 pm:

Hey, screw that christian right crack. I'm just happy these no-talent assholes are gone, regardless of the reason (although I do find their antics reprehensible, including this last one of spurring on two losers to have sex in a church, and the one which got them fired two years ago from a radio station in Boston -- claiming on the air that the mayor of Boston had died in a car accident. Hilarious, no? Imagine being the mayor's kid or wife and hearing that on the radio.)

By JusMiceElf on Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 10:43 pm:

Yeah. I never listened to them. I remember that they started out on WAAF, the station of my youth.

'AAF was fun in the early 80s, when they had Bob Rivers and Zip Zipfel, and they used to run one of their voices through and echo, and pretend to be G-d pronouncing the day's weather. "TODAY, I will make it sunny!" <lightning crash>

By Fester on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 09:50 pm:

they got canned *poof*

By dave. on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 11:11 pm:

i like 'em.

i'm always amazed by people who can just talk for hours on end since i'm nothing like that. mark and brian are the kings of that stuff even though they're pretty dorky. they've been doing that shit for years. it's quite an accomplishment.

before you critique too harshly, you try talking on and on and on without pausing and saying "ummm" and "uhh".

as for the subject matter, it's better than limbaugh or ollie north or g gordon liddy and that bunch. i actually found liddy entertaining, which is scary.

By Fester on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 10:12 am:

"--------------------------------------------------------
    RonFez.Net Message Board MAILING LIST FOR August 23,2002
    --------------------------------------------------------
    SUPPORT OPIE & ANTHONY
    --------------------------------------------------------
    RONFEZ.NET MEMBERS.
    SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR O&A AND WNEW!
    IT'S AN O&A RALLY!!
    Yeah, you heard right...Friday, August 23rd, 2002
    Around 3pm, gather round on 57th and 7th, in the courtyard outside the Brooklyn Diner for a "SAVE O&A RALLY!!!

We don't know what the hell is it's going to accomplish, but it should be one hell of a farewell party!

Remember, Friday, August 23rd, starting at 3:00pm...

Let's see if we can save these two guys' jobs! "

anthony has talent, i'll admit - i never heard opie do much - i've heard mark and brian too years ago they were funny

By patrick on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 11:23 am:

those goons got everything they know from Stern. he's the only one that doesnt have a set time to end his show. he stops when he's done. sometimes its 4 hours, sometimes he goes until noon.

after 9/11 i was listening to npr all the time. ive recently started giving howard another shot (currently a pledge drive on npr).

i miss non commercial programming, but stern makes me giggle from time to time.

By Fester on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 11:45 am:

yeah howard and robin pretty much started the genre on wnbc-am in nyc way back when. o&a admit that they were heavily influenced by howard though, having grown up on long island.
    lenny lopaite and brian lehrer are my favorite npr folks. i guess lopaite just reads a book every day.

By J on Friday, August 23, 2002 - 01:26 pm:

My favorite D.J. John Holmberg is back on the air but at a new station and I've tried for the life of me to set the new station on my stereo,but I'm too dumb to do it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact