That Mitsubishi Commerical

sorabji.com: Weeds: That Mitsubishi Commerical
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 10:33 am:

You know the one, for a Mitsubishi Diamante, 4 youths riding in a red car, dark night, and the girl riding shotgun turns on the radio and starts "dancing" in her seat, looks like she's having a fucking epileptic seizure. What I wouldn't give to see an edited version of that commercial where the driver backhands her across the face and says, "WHADD'I TELL YOU ABOUT DOING THAT SHIT IN MY CAR? NOW GET THE FUCK OUT AND WALK HOME, BITCH"

Thank you for letting me vent. I feel better now.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:03 pm:

Commercial.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

I am pleased to see i am not the only one that has issues with that commercial.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:21 pm:

As am I, spunk.

By semillama on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

That car is in the video for the song too. WHich
    is a pretty good video otherwise

By J on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

I hate it because the girl reminds me of some slut I have issues with.

By spunky on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 12:46 pm:

is she doing that "Staying Alive-Saturday Night Fever" thing with her hands in it?

By Skooter on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

I like poppin and locking....dammit.
    That was a cool spot the first 500000 times I
    saw it.
    Now I couldn't give a fuck.

By Pancake Boy on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:29 pm:

What, pray tell, is "poppin and locking" Skooter?

By J on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

I take it poppin and locking are those spastic movements the girl is doing in the car.

By Pancake Boy on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

I'll give her some poppin and locking -- her hand poppin as I slam the door repeatedly on it, and then locking the door on what's left of her pulverized, bloody piece of hamburger hand. Then we all go get ice cream.

By Pancake Boy on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:32 pm:

There you have the evil Dougie, Spider.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

Nah, that ain't evil.

I want to see EVIL, Dougie, bring it on!

By Le Garcon de crepes on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

Sorry to disappoint, Spider, but that's about the evilest Evil Dougie can do. He'll try to do worse in the future though, he promises.

By Spider on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

Rats.

By agatha on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:19 pm:

<8th grade girl mode>she WISHES she were popping and locking.</8th grade girl mode>

that commercial terrifies me. did anyone see jimmy phallon imitating that girl? it was funny.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:22 pm:

its Fallon.

lord knows what you were thinking when you spelling that out in your head.

every girl i know has a crush on that dope.

By agatha on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:38 pm:

patrick correcting me. ha!

get your mind out of the gutter for just a moment, please.

By patrick on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

oh come on, you know im leaping at the opportunity.

you're telling me to get my (phallon[ic] ) mind out of the gutter? HA!

admit it, you think he's cute don't you. DON'T YOU???

By agatha on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 08:04 pm:

totally.

By sarah on Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 09:53 pm:

i laughed aloud at a mitsubishi commercial i heard on the radio on my way home from work.

sorry.

By patrick on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 12:23 pm:

bottom line:

we're all talking about Mitsubishi arent we.

By spunky on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 12:25 pm:

I love the radio commercials.
    Especially the older one, where he is talking to a dating service rep.

By Potato Pancake Boy on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:10 pm:

bottom line #2:

all car commericials where the driver & passengers are either singing or dancing emotively to the music on the radio suck my hairy passageway. Like that other one where they're singing to "It's been one week since you looked at me, something something something something is the finest of the flavors..."

By J on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

I like the one that shows a couple outside in the desert and you think it's another one of those putrid perfume commercials and some I don't know what suv or truck goes stirring up the dirt.

By semillama on Friday, September 20, 2002 - 08:37 pm:

Dougie -

A finnish pancake is called "Pannukakku."

Thought you'd like to know.

By sarah on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 09:06 am:

i laughed aloud, but the radio commercials don't make me want to actually go out and purchase a mitsubishi. hopefully that counts for something.

By Skooter on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 10:31 am:

Poppin and Locking.....What the girl is doing in
    the commercial. See also, break-dancing,
    circa 1982.
    Electric Boogaloo.

By dave. on Saturday, September 21, 2002 - 11:13 am:

i thought they called that "the cerebral palsy".

By Pannukakku Poika on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 09:26 am:

Thanks, Sem. Yet another for my arsenal.

By patrick on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

i drove one of these this weekend. This exact color even. Granted it felt like a lifesized Hot Wheels but it was quite nice...zippy, comfy. Though it was an automatic, the sport gear shift handle felt like a 5-speed, and I wish it was.

You wanted to put a helmet on and go flip it in a KMart parking lot.

Being key though was the fact it was a 4 door. baby seats arent so fun in a two door coupe, such as we have now.

By spunky on Monday, September 23, 2002 - 12:06 pm:

Yes, but two doors are a little safer as the child gets older. They cannot open the door if it is a two door.
    Most modern vehicles have child safety locks, so that is a moot point really....
    I keep forgetting Hayley can't open her door, I get out and start walking towards the apartment before I realize she is panicking and smacking on the window....

By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 11:50 am:

I hate two door cars with infants. It is difficult to get the door open move the seat forward and lay baby in it. Maybe it is so hard because I am so short, but I hated it. 4 door cars are so much easier with babies. Open the door, put baby in seat, slap diaper bag on floor of car, shut door and go. Just my personal opinion. Then again, I love my clunky old minivan.

By Pancake Boy on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

Your 2 door had a trunk, didn't it?

By dave. on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

until now, we always had 2-doors. the beetle, the rabbit, the scirocco, the corolla fx, both pickups. it totally sucked for car seats.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 12:33 pm:

we know this.

and eri, being tall makes it worse....reaching in through the seat to wrassle with those god damn 20-buckle systems, over and under the arm, through the crotch and out the ear restraint systems.

Our model Honda has an excellent trade in value, one of the best in its class and it aint getting any younger, so were considering this soon, to take advantage of year end inventory clearances.

Im looking at sport wagons...Subaru Outback, or a Jetta or Pssat Wagon.

By Pancake Boy on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 12:40 pm:

I get a choice of company car of Jeep Liberty, Dodge Intrepid, or Dodge Caravan. My brother rented an Intrepid and said there were huge blindspots because of that cab forward design. Although I'm opposed to SUVs, I'm leaning towards the Jeep Liberty. Haven't done any homework on them yet. Any suggestions?

By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

Wagons are very handy, especially when shopping. I wasn't trying to criticize or anything about the height, it is just that things are very different for Spunky and I, things I can't do he does with ease, because he is so much taller than I am. Just a thought on the whole carseat thing.

Good luck finding a new car. My best friend has a 4 door Honda (I can't remember which model, but like a civic or accord or whatever) and it works great with her two kids. It looks small but you can fit 3 carseats in the back, or one infant seat and two booster seats (which I think take up more butt room).

Just remember with one, or two children you really don't have to get a large vehicle, if you don't want one. A compact car will still work, but the convenience of 4 doors is very stress relieving.

By dave. on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

dude, volkswagons are sketchy -- get the outback.

dude, dodge owners are assholes, -- get the jeep.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

"Your 2 door had a trunk, didn't it?"

Ha! See what I mean?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:16 pm:

Volkswagons.....similar to Ikea in hipness and shitass quality?

I can see it.

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

Ikea or Kia/Hyandia/Daewoo?

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:23 pm:

By Wheaties Boy on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

"Ha! See what I mean?"

Can't I ask Eri a simple question about her means of transportation without you reading things into it, Spider? Sheesh.

"dude, dodge owners are assholes, -- get the jeep."

Thanks dave.. As always, you're a fount of knowledge, a scholar, and all-around good guy.

By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:24 pm:

I always thought I was a bitch, but I guess Dave is right. I am an asshole!

I drive a DODGE caravan, 4 cylinder, body bashed up clunker, and I LOVE IT. It runs good and has an air conditioner, and a working (for now) CD player and all of the room I need, not to mention it gets pretty good gas mileage. I am an asshole who loves my dodge!

I haven't really looked into any other car, simply because I am not planning on buying another car anytime soon.

What difference does it make if a two door car has a trunk? I mean, you don't put the carseat in the trunk. You don't go through the trunk to put the carseat in. You don't put the baby in the trunk while you get the car ready to put the baby in. My trunk on my old two seat car was a waste of space. Too small to put groceries in, just a few tools in case my car breaks down. Oh, and my two door car was a DODGE and a hatchback. To answer your question and let you all wonder about my sanity (yes I do hate dodge cars and that car is why). I just love my minivans.

By Oat Flake Boy on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:29 pm:

Just curious. Wanted to make sure your car had a trunk. Many cars nowadays don't. British people call them a "boot". Dumb, huh?

By Spider on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

(Nice recovery there.)

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

By Maypo Boy on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

I've never gotten all goopy over cars. They're merely a tool to get from point A to point B to point C to to point H, then onto point Q and back to point A again, and then maybe if you forgot smokes, to point N and back to point A again, but then you remember the dry cleaning (D'OH) and have to drive point Z (which is way the fuck out there and traffic really sucks, and no, you don't have your ticket, but you should have my info in your little DOS-Lantastic database there, n'est-ce pas?) and back to point A again, all in air-conditioned comfort and all the while jamming with the windows open to Bruce while wrapping my legs around his velvet rims and strapping my hands across his engines. That's assuming the car actually starts.

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:35 pm:

By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:10 pm:

That's the I-15 just north of Apple before you get to Barstow.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, September 25, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

I love my Saturn. And, I loved the Saturn before it.

I hated it when my 91 Saturn needed to be traded in.

But, I love my 2002 just as much. And, zero percent financing helped alot.

By Little Bat Fear and Loathing Lady on Saturday, August 9, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

--By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:10 pm:
    That's the I-15 just north of Apple before you get to Barstow.

We were somewhere near Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like: "I feel a bit lightheaded, maybe you should drive", and suddenly the sky was filled with what looked like huge bats and manta rays all swooping and diving towards the car. And then a voice cried out, "holy Jesus, what are these goddamn animals!?"

By Dougie on Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:23 pm:

Damn, I had forgotten about my "breakfast boy" phase. That was fun. I think Patrick once called it "hare-brained", which hurt deeply. (Nah, not really).

Anywho, I see that my rant here against that stupid Mitsubishi commercial worked, because you don't see that ad now anymore, do you?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact