"alcopop"

sorabji.com: Weeds: "alcopop"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 12:45 pm:

By eri on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:36 pm:

Unfortunately I know lots of 20 something men who drink this crap. I know tons of chicks who do too. If I want a beer, I don't want it to taste like a cola or sweet drink for chrissakes! Well, I do make one exception but that one tastes like margaritas so I don't care.

By Dougie on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

It's probably not as good as Tequiza!

By jack on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 05:36 pm:

beer that tastes like margaritas? do tell.

By eri on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:09 pm:

It's by Sauza, but I can't remember the name off of the top of my head. Too many Miller's tonight.

By eri on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 11:09 pm:

Sauza Diablo. Tastes just like margaritas!

By J on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 12:38 am:

That to me is like when someone tries to get you to eat rabbit,crocodile,rattlesnake,iguanna,etc. and they say it tastes like chicken,I always think why not just eat chicken? For the love of God,you want a beer drink a beer,you want a margarita drink a margarita,but don't mix them it's unholy and may be a mortal sin.

By sarah on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 10:30 am:

amen sister. the margarita and the beer are all that is good and holy in this world.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 11:45 am:

the way i take these new liquor/malt hybrids.

im curious (though reluctant to try) if they dont taste better with a shot of the liquor they are supposedly made off.

toss some real jack in that beverage.

thats what this 20-something advises.

By Bigkev on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 06:52 pm:

Do you have Joe Stiff's Rootbeer where you are?

not great, but as far as bitch pops go average i suppose..... until you add a shot of Vanila Stoli.

THEN you have a drink worthy of consuming!

Do you have a beverage that you can drink all night long and still be *OK*, but the same quantity of anything else would have you on your ass?

Mine Is Rye and Gingerale, no fruit no straw...(usually doubles ina short glass) I could drink those bad boys for hours on end and still stand and walk and talk (and chew gum)...

By Nate on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 09:30 pm:

it's not easy to find rye down here. jack and ginger is good for me though.

how do you with the ladies, big kev? i mean, i know 'no fruit no straw' probably makes you feel stupendous in a swingers kind of way, but i'd drop if i were you.

probably better would be just a simple "no cherry" (and then wink at the chick at the bar next to you.) then take your straw and leave it on the napkin like a man.

no doubt a big chunk of the chicks you'd ask would say that would never work as an opener with them, but i'd bet money i'd have a 90%+ success rate with it.

even,

[bigKev]
    Rye and Gingerale, no cherry..

(turns to chick next to him)
    ..how you doin?

[chick]
    (giggles)
    you sound just like joey from friends.

[bigKev]
    you wanna go out back and suck my cock?

i'd estimate six slaps and two blowjobs a night with that one. that's an avage of three slaps per blowjob, which i find perfectly acceptable, and so should you.

if you're in a trendy bar, say one with a colored light theme ("the red room"), and a collection of top shelf martinis on the chalkboard, you might try this one:

[bigKev]
    (mocks scottish accent]
    Glennlivit, neat.

(glances at chick next to him, turns back to barkeep quickly)
    make it a double.

(smiles shyly at chick. downs drink in a smooth, slow shot.)
    another, good man.

(to chick)
    my apologies, beautiful women always make me nervous.

ah, you might say, some intellectual woman isn't going to be taken by a comment on her looks. fact of the matter is, though, intellectual women are most taken by comments on their looks. further, your apparent shyness instantly puts you on a lower footing in her mind, which will moisten her envelope like nothing else. if you catch my drift.

now, say you're in a canadian biker bar. uh, well, fuck, you're on your own. i haven't the first clue, and, besides, with a few notable exceptions i prefer my women to have their teeth.

By patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 11:47 pm:

i thought big kev was gay. didnt he say that recently?

in that case your slap to blow ratio is dramatically reduced...to a more favorable result.

By Nate on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:07 am:

well, i have no solid evidence on that, but it is my understanding, also.

By Bigkev on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:13 am:

no not gay, went to a gay bar...

im not into pickin up ladies/girls/hos/skanks/tramps/whatever you wanna callem at bars.
    Ive worked at far to many bars to be trying to meet someone there.

BUT, when i did work bars it was the easiest time getting laid, (as im a rather large man, i worked the doors) and women were never shy about approaching me, forwhatever reason, so i never had to do anywork to get tail... besides just go to work.

im currently in a stable commited relationship, but if that goes down the shitter.... i guess we'll have to see what happens

By Nate on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 04:20 am:

when they found out i was a rather large man, they had me work the main stage. go figure.

By J on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:38 pm:

I never thought Bigkev was gay,for the record.

By sarah on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

i just finished reading Miss Wyoming by Coupland and one of the characters is fond of drinking Shitsicles - which are rum and chocolate milk from a carton.

By Bigkev on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:47 pm:

that is a damn fine book. have you read any of his other works? my currentfavorite (even tho i read it a long time ago) is Microserfs... Biiiilllll, Biiiiillllllll... everyone together now... Biiiiiilllllll

By sarah on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

yeah, it was a great book. i recently posted this somewhere else, here is my best to worst order of coupland books:

Girlfriend In A Coma
    Microserfs
    Generation X
    Miss Wyoming
    Poloroids From the Dead
    Life After God
    All Families are Psychotic
    Shampoo Planet

i haven't yet read God Hates Japan or the new one Hey Nostradamus. but the latter sounds brilliant.

i literally cried half-way through reading Microserfs, because i was sad that i was already half-way done reading it, and i never wanted it to end. i wish the narrator was a real person with a personal website and i could just keep reading and reading about his life forever.

By TBone on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 04:56 pm:

I think I liked Shampoo Planet a lot, though I don't remember it very well.

I agree with your placement of Girlfriend in a Coma, however.

I don't deal well with books ending. I get too into them, and all get bummed out when they're over.

By sarah on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

i got my period today ON MY OWN without the use of any supplemental drug therapies for the first time in years, which explains my complete chocolate binge all day yesterday, and why the fact that a shitsicle drink sounds pretty good to me too.

i also forgot to add that vanilla stoli goes good with just about any mix. it's the universally yummy liquor. i mean, i love margaritas, but you can't mix tequila with much of anything besides lime juice. even a tequila sunrise is quite a stretch.

anyway, tbone, love, where have you been anyway?

By TBone on Saturday, May 3, 2003 - 09:49 am:

I've been in a very bad place.

Well, not all bad, but school and work combined are destroying me. Almost done.

In addition to work and classes, I became DJ TBone on KBGA (89.9 FM).

www.kbga.org

As fun as it is, it makes everything else more stressful because it makes my schedule even tighter.

Things look to improve in 2 weeks.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact