fertile dreams

sorabji.com: Dreamland: fertile dreams
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Spiracle on Sunday, April 5, 1998 - 09:31 pm:
    do you have
    dreams in which you
    are pregnant?

By PR on Sunday, April 5, 1998 - 10:31 pm:
    all the time...doesn't everyone?

By Asia on Thursday, June 11, 1998 - 09:32 am:
    i had that dream a few nights ago. i was walking around and i KNEW that i was pregnant..i could feel a child, or what WOULD be a child inside me. it was still really early on, so that it felt like an IT rather than a baby, but i wasnt happy about it but i wasnt UNhappy about it, and my husband felt the same way. the more i walked around knowing i was pregnant, the more resigned i became about it. by the end of the dream i decided to have an abortion, and then i woke up.

By Spiracle on Thursday, June 11, 1998 - 09:54 pm:
    i have dreams all the time
    where i just spontaniously concieve..
    just..a reacurring nightmare, really...
    the whole theme is reacurring..
    being pregnant..
    in my dreams..
    not 'in my dreams'
    but *in* them...
    during..and while..

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 09:43 am:

I hadn't had any dreams for over a week, which is unusual for me. Then last night I dreamt this:

[Reality - my grandfather's eldest brother, Silvie, died a few years ago at the age of 96. He was my favorite great-uncle, but I was in school at the time of his funeral, so I didn't go.]

In the dream, I was at Silvie's wake. It was held in a room that looked like a meeting room in a church hall -- fluorescent lights, wooden chairs lined up against 3 of the walls, green industrial carpeting. I stood by the door (which was the door to outside) with one of my cousins. The door opened, and someone wheeled Silvie into the room in a wheelchair. Silvie was dead, and I tried hard to hide my face because I didn't want to look at a dead person, but I saw him anyway. He looked like a young man with lots of lines on his face. This was supposed to be normal -- like all dead people lose the age on their faces when they die but keep their wrinkles.

So Silvie was placed at the front of the room, and all my family sat in chairs along the walls. We were talking amongst ourselves (I was trying to ignore him), and I saw him raise his arm. This was also supposed to be normal for dead people to do (I wasn't afraid). Some time passed. I sat next to my brother and talked with him, and we turned and saw that Silvie was looking at us.

"He wants to talk to you," someone said. We got up and stood to Silvie's right. He started talking to my brother, and I can't remember what he said, but I think it was advice. This, too, was supposed to be normal -- all dead people could talk and move. Then Silvie stopped and looked at me. I didn't know what to do, so I told him, "I always liked you. You were very sweet."

He stood up and motioned for me to hug him. I didn't really want to hug a dead person, but I went to him anyway. I noticed that I couldn't feel anything against my face when I leaned against him (as though he were just a spirit) but I could feel his arms against my back. I took note that I couldn't hear any heartbeat.

As he hugged me, he said, "Take care of the universe." I heard a voice inside him say, "Fuck the universe." Then he pulled away from me a little and put his hands on my shoulders. He gave me a wise, you-and-I-know-better look and said again, "Take care of the universe."

We moved apart, and he started to pace the room. He was very upset and I think he was going to tell us about my brother...my brother was in some kind of trouble or was going to be, and we had to help him. I woke up before I could learn anymore.

How am I supposed to take care of the universe?

By Pug on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 10:35 am:

The answer will inevitably come....either that, or fuck the Universe. (Hoisting another Russian Stout to my craw)

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 11:33 am:

I should mention that I sent my mother an email detailing this dream, and she wrote back to tell me that my dream made her very sad and she wondered if I was all right.

The dream wasn't sad at all. It was emotionless at the time, and now I think it was neat, not scary. I've also told my brother about it and asked if he's doing okay, but I haven't heard from it yet.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 12:09 pm:

do dreams always have to have meaning?

can't dreams just be a series or neurons firing off in complete chaos because your mind has been overworked (i.e. stressed....such as you?)?

Last night i had some REALLY vivid dreams.

1) I singlehanded won a Kings game. We were done 3-0 and I was a newcomer on the team. In fact, I had no skates, only tennis shoes, and no stick, just a broom and I beat out the #1 goalie in the league with broom and tennies. Go fuckin figure!

2) I was visiting a friend in Brooklyn. I flew from LA to Brooklyn with no recollection of the flight...next thing i know Im in brookly in car. I realize I forgot my shoes, and am only wearing these neato slippers nico got me in china town yesterday (reality). Im walking with my friend, crossing the brooklyn bridge (not the bridge you and I know, but a bridge), and Im absolutely terrified im crawling across if, afraid of falling.

Immediately, I wake up, I have overslept....i wsa a few mintues late today.

Drank too much at the bar watching hockey last night.

Is there meaning in these dreams? Im sure we could make some, but is it possible they don't mean anything at all and are just my mind backfiring

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 12:18 pm:

I can tell when I have backfiring-mind dreams and when I have important dreams. This is one of the latter.

What was it the Sibyl said to the boys who found her?

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 12:21 pm:

Oh. Ha! Forget becoming an oracle, then.

By patrick on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

who is sibyl?

crap i really should have read over that last post.

By Spider on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

Deiphobe, the Sibyl of Cumae. She's in Virgil's Aeneid, and T.S. Eliot quotes from that in "the Wasteland."

"I saw the sybil of Cumae hanging in a cage and the boys asked her, 'What do you want?' and she said, 'I want to die.'"

By sarah on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 01:28 pm:

i had two psychic dreams, 8 days apart.

the first one was about something that already had happened exactly one week before i dreamt it. the only reason i found out it actually had happened was because it was a funny dream and i called my sister two days after i had the dream to tell her about it. that's when she told me that what i dreamt really happened the weekend before.

it was about my 1-1/2 year old newphew (her son) eating ribs.

i wouldn't have thought anything about this, except that saturday night i had what turned out to be another psychic dream. this time i dreamed it saturday night, and it actually happened on sunday.

so, saturday night i dreamed that i overheard the director of HR telling my boss that i was going to get the raise that i asked for.

then i woke up today and checked my work email to find that both my boss and the director of HR emailed me on Sunday (yes, they were both at the office working on a Sunday... that in itself is totally random).

my boss emailed me saying he "reviewed my proposal for a salary adjustment and will pursue this as part of this year's budget process. This will be an attempt to reclassify your position which will require a new job description. Please complete the attached PDQ and return it to me by the end of the week."

then i got an email from the director of HR time-stamped about 15 minutes after my boss sent me the above email, about an issue with the online job application.

coincidence? i had to know.

so i asked my boss this morning if, because they were both working on Sunday, he happened to talk to HR dude about my proposal for a salary raise, and he said yes, they did talk about it, which is why he's proceeding with the process.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact