Internet-influenced Dreams

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Internet-influenced Dreams
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Venatrix Mirjen on Sunday, April 19, 1998 - 07:28 pm:
    I don't know if I've been spending far too much time online (which I haven't - neither more than less than usual), but for the past few nights I've been having dreams about stuff online.
    Last night had to be the strangest yet. My viewpoint was from me watching something on the computer - like a RealVideo file or something. It was a file on how occult places in the world. One was a tower in Spain that was supposed to look out over four churches, one from each corner, but one corner looked at factories. Another was a Mayan pyramid that was hollow, and you could look through the edge of the step across the step out the other side.
    The strangest part was in a cement-cave-like place. The narrator was none other than Mark. In fact, I think the file I was watching was supposedly housed here somewhere. He was teaching whoever was watching how to summon Cthulhu and then Nyarlathotep, wearing a black robe. It was very dim in this cement place, and there was a pool of water (it was like the ruins of the smaller Roman baths, actually.) and an altar and I remarked 'How does he know what the atrium looked like?' I guess that was all my Latin and my trip to Italy coming back to me. But strange.

By
Jen on Monday, May 31, 1999 - 10:29 pm:

I never had an internet influenced dream but close. I often play computer games such as tetris or solitare. I'll be playing one of these games in my dream and all of the sudden i'll do something impossible like put a 10 on top of a 2 or something of that sort. I'll start screaming and crying and making a huge deal about it. I think I might be a subconcious perfectionist or something in that genre.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact