I had a dream about Nate

sorabji.com: Dreamland: I had a dream about Nate
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 03:31 am:

Yes. Nate. I had a dream about Nate. And no, it wasn't dirty.

First of all....why? Why why did I have a dream about Nate? (I'd like to say "I had a dream that Nate was in", but no, it was squarely about Nate) Well, I've thought about it and the only answer I have is that he reminds me of some girls I knew in public school. That sounds stupid, but...it's true. When I was in public school I knew these girls who were really cool. The public school definition of cool, anyway. And because I was young and stupid, I really wanted them to like me. I pretended I didn't give a flying fig what they thought, but I really did want their approval. Lots of times I see notes from people around here (don't anyone get uppity with me, please) that seem like they're really aimed at getting Nate's (and uh, sometimes RC's) approval. It reminds me of the way I was in public school with those girls. I suspect that's what my dream was about.

I dreamed I was in this mall, and I saw Nate in a bookstore. Don't ask me how I knew it was him, cuz I don't even know what he looks like. I just know he had a dark blue tee-shirt on, and he was kinda short. I think he worked in the bookstore.

So I walk over and I say "Hi." I don't smile. I just say hi, and blink at him.

and he says "Hi." I don't remember at all what he sounded like.

and I say "Don't I know you?" still no smile. Normally when I talk to Anyone, I smile. Do you know why I'm not smiling here? Cuz I'm trying to be cool.

he says: "I don't know." I think he's kinda looking Over my head, not At me.

"Aren't you from that place? That place I can't pronounce? On the net." I say.

"Oh. Yeah. Who are you?"

blink. "Gee." I remember I almost gave him my real name, but I realized it wouldn't mean anything to him, and it made me feel like I had a little bit more power over the situation if he didn't know what my friends call me.

Anyway, after that I don't remember anymore conversation, but I do remember the feeling that we had Nothing else to say to each other besides "hi", and I felt kinda stupid for walking over to him in the first place.

I really can't think of a witty comment to end on, as the dream was a bit depressing. Remembering how stupid and hypocritical I was when I was a little younger makes me want to slap myself, and I wonder if I would be that way again. I don't feel that I seek Nate's approval, but things are a little different in netland. I don't operate the same ON-line, as I do OFF, and my feelings don't react to the same things either. The dream just made me wonder about myself.

By FETIDBEAVER on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 05:44 am:

"Like they're really aimed at getting Nate's (and uh, sometimes RC's) approval"
    Good I'm glad someone else has noticed. I come here for entertainment. I say what I feel at the time, ya don't like it tough! When I'm at work dealing with patients and their families I have to portray a "type" of professional. Much of the time I must "size up" the family dynamics, their current emotional state and adjust my tone and message into something they can "swallow". All that makes for a long stressfull day. So when I come here I'm looking for a laugh and many times I get it from the "serious" postings of those who know it all.....well shit I know what my mood is gonna be today, good thing vacation is in 4 days.

By Pink on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 08:19 am:

rock on, FETID!

happy vaca, I'll be dreaming of you...

By Lawanda on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 10:48 am:

Really? I haven't been here long enough to notice.

Gaining approval over the internet, how do you do that? Always agreeing? Changing your writing style to impress? You can't really know someone unless it goes past the board thing.

Nate. First time I saw him, he was necking with a babysitter. The second time, I wanted the house really clean before this group of people showed up (including Nate) and ended up in the hospital because of a reaction to the chemicals. There are rumors that he will make an appearance in September. R.C. dissappeared shortly after I arrived on the board.

By Waffleboy on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

Gee, I WANT YOUR APPROVAL!, is that uppity enuff?

By Nate on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 01:56 pm:

1. i do have a dark blue t-shirt
    2. i'm 5'10"

i don't see where this reputation came from. i'm really just an asshole. originally just a drunk asshole, however since my involvement here is now from work, i am rarely drunk anymore.

anyway, the point is: I, like the popular sect in highschool, am actually just a lost soul hiding behind a facade built by others.

and i wasn't necking with the babysitter.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 03:31 pm:

I once had a dream that all the Sorabjites were in this huge obelisk-shaped tree-house, and that I called the treehouse and R.C. gave me good advice about some problem I was having (I don't know what the problem was, I don't know if there really was a problem)
    I don't know what the fuck that means.
    Oh, there were probably some acceptance issues...I visited the treehouse, I think, but it was in New York somewhere.

By Waffles on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 05:58 pm:

Hey Pajama boy Jim??? Have YOU had any dreams about Nate???

By Lawanda on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:17 pm:

You weren't? Well, it was dark, & I have a dirty mind. I will verify that they were both fully clothed!

By Cyst on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:41 pm:

I am sitting here with tears welling in my eyes, and a lump in my throat. This has been my state since begining this thread. I happened into this forum after "hearing" about it in Singles. This was the first thread here I opened. I have never in my life sat here and read my life before me, as I have this evening. I am in the same situation, and am rendered speechless. Something that rarely happens to me. ... I don't know whether to say I'm comforted or horrified at the idea that others are experiencing what I am here. I do know that I am grateful, either way.

By Waffles on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

for those of you lost please raise your hand

By Cyst on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:47 pm:

(I'm experimenting with found posts from delphi.)

By FETIDBEAVER on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

Cyst, please clarify.

By Waffles on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 06:58 pm:

what are doing like WS Burroughs splicing thing by ttaking other threadsa nd patching them together like he did with audio tape????

Have you ever heard that shit? its usually a fucking riot.

By J on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 07:20 pm:

Nate is not so funny sober,but he,s at work.R.C. is very smart,and wise,I think she is just going through some stressful times,she might come back,Bring on the cheap laughs!!!

By Cyst on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 07:26 pm:

By FETIDBEAVER on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 07:32 pm:

Just for clarity, my earlier comments were not meant as a put down on Nate. What I was trying to convey is that I read through some of the old posts and some people seem to change their position on "things" if Nate (or RC) have a different opinion. I say go ahead and rock the boat everyone may learn something new.

By on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 11:32 pm:

By Gee on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 03:33 am:

Waffleboy - I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. I'm too annoyed with myself right now to think that everyone in the world does Not want to beat me to a bloody pulp.

Nate - uh, no offense to y'all around here, but considering how drug-and-alcohol happy most of the posters around here are, a drunken whichamacallit like yourself must seem like a demi-god to the rest of them.

Not that I think you're a drunken whatsoever. I can't really tell the difference between Drunk Nate and Sober Nate. Except for that one time when I think you were drunk and you reminded me of an ex-boyfriend and scared the CRAP out of me.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 11:45 am:

i was irritable yesterday, i was being facetious, but's its all good now,

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:08 pm:

alright, what's with the asshole?

this thing, that is: *

anyone know?

I suppose some folks change their arguments when conversing with R.C. but I figure that some of it might be insight from considering someone else's Radical viewpoint. Hope she comes back soon, this mess o' honkies could use that perspective.

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 08:54 pm:

I have dreams about wrestlers andthe army base I work on. Makes coming back to reality pretty strange, let me tell you.

By Sarah on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 09:16 pm:

Dear Cyst,

You rock.

(and i'm not just saying that because i'm trying to gain your approval.)

Love,
    Sarah

By Markus on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 04:51 pm:

I make it easy on anyone trying to win my approval. I don't care what your opinion on Hillary is or what your musical tastes are, just mail me large marked bills. Or send suggestive email.

By FETIDBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 05:14 pm:

Marked bills? Don't you want them umarked.
    Publisher's Clearinghouse sends me suggestive mail. (they suggest that I buy)

By Sarah on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 06:52 pm:

yeah, but at least once a month i am UNQUESTIONABLY REVEALED as the $11,000,000.00 WINNER.

so there.

By FETIDBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 08:10 pm:

You too! You're kidding, I got the same thing! What a freekin coincidence!

By Gee on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 02:52 am:

Waffleboy - Oh.

Sem - I assumed that was Mr Sorabji updating the threads with new notes since he said something about deleting the search page or something elsewhere. I may be wrong.

By Wisper on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

Semillama!
    don't diss Starboy! (*)
    he's my new favorite sorabji character.

(of course starboy could also be a girl, or a monkey, but hey, I like it)

Viva * !

By Infoboy on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 01:09 pm:

When I first saw starboy on "results of search" he was listed as Christina - every one of them.

May not mean anything, but that's my little clue in the puzzle.

By Silly on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 01:34 pm:

Who is Starboy?

By Gee on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 03:53 am:

No fair asking for his secret identity!

By on Friday, August 6, 1999 - 11:03 pm:

*!**!**!*

By Nate on Saturday, August 7, 1999 - 12:45 am:

c==W==8

By Semillama on Saturday, August 7, 1999 - 03:03 pm:

I meant no offense, just that what some people see as a star can also be interpreted as your anus.

By Nate on Saturday, August 7, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

it's an easy association if you own a cat.

especially if he wakes you up at quarter to seven every morning by shoving his asterisk right in your face.

By Sput on Saturday, August 7, 1999 - 07:06 pm:

========D * * * * * * *
    O

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 01:02 pm:

I had a dream about Gee last night. She had come to visit my family, kind of like an exchange student, and we had taken her to the mall (apparently they didn't have malls in Canada or something).

All that happened in the dream was that we went to a restaurant, where the waiter was really rude to Gee, and we all yelled at him. Then we went to a department store, where we were trying on shoes. Gee had really big feet (other than that, I didn't get a look at what she looked like, other than she seemed to be kind of short and had straight hair). There was a hole in the floor, where you could slide through a tunnel to other parts of the mall, but it was a really narrow hole and we were looking at it thinking there was no way we were going to be able to fit in it. A lady was already half-way inside it and had gotten stuck, so we sat down on the floor and were trying to pull her out.

(Wow...what would Freud say about that one? ;) )

Then there was this weird thing about a nun telling me that if I reach a certain level of spirituality, I'll be able to smell burning gold. THis is supposedly what good people who go astray smell like. And that really freaked me out, and I told her I didn't want to be good if I'd have to smell something like that. O-kay....

By Waffles on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 01:14 pm:

FYI, I was the waiter

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

I was the fly in her soup...taking a piss...

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 03:48 pm:

Aw. Don't make me come over there and hurt you...Gee was very nice in my dream, and she's probably very nice in person, too. We're all entitled to weird behaviour due to screwy hormones every once in a while. Cut her some slack.

By J on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 03:54 pm:

Don,t you give Gee hepititus!!

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 04:03 pm:

Oh, alright...no more pepe in the soup...

By Sarah on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 06:39 pm:

i had a dream last night that i got fired from my job. i was bummed out, but not surprised.

the night before i had a dream that i married my friend david for no reason at all. after we signed the paperwork, i told him i wanted a ring, and we said, pffft you don't need a ring. so of course i immediately realized i had married a weenie. later i got a phone call from my exboyfriend, who in reality and in my dream, is now living either on the mainland or perhaps in italy, i really wouldn't know. anyway, he said, so now that we're married, how are we going to work this out? should i move back to hawaii or are you moving here? and i was like, oh shit, i forgot i was married to him, and now i'm married to david, and fuck, i don't want to be married to either of these weenies.

very vivid dreams lately.

By Swine on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 09:03 pm:

you're a weenie.

By Cyst on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 09:49 pm:

I dream of nathan every night.

By Swine on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 10:15 pm:

you're a weenie, too.

By Cyst on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 10:38 pm:

and I masturbate to the j. crew catalog.

definitely a weenie.

By Gee on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 11:51 pm:

I'm tall. Other than that it's like you're psychic.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 10:27 am:

Is your voice high- or low-pitched?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 12:18 pm:

I masturbate to the Delia's catalog

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 12:20 pm:

i read an article in Gear mag about jack off parties and how they are becoming all the rage. Imagine that, going over to a friends with 12 other close friends, drinkin, chatting, eating minaturized foods. My props to the first guy/gal that drops the pants

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

Waffles: I have talked to the Oracle of Delphi, the CEO of Oracle, and Grady Booch, the creater of UML. It is in the stars, in the tea leaves, and in the schooling of the nordic char:

Waffles, your destiny to to be that first guy to drop the pants. You have been choosen by the most high to rise to every party occasion. You shall be the mover and the shaker. You shall be the Jacker of Off. The one who turns every party he touches into a JACK OFF PARTY.

GO FORTH WAFFLES. YOU HAVE A DUTY TO FUFILL.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 01:01 pm:

ok

By J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 01:15 pm:

I think a gal could masterbate,but we can,t jack off,can we?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 01:17 pm:

DO NOT MINCE WORDS WITH ME THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

$*@!#$^&#*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, i hurt reeeeeel bad today.......

By Dr.J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 01:57 pm:

The thought of me with a penis and jerking off hurts too,but I,m not yelling am I? Take 2 asprins,down it with a glass of buttermilk,leave your cubicle and find somewhere to spank the monkey,then maybe you will feel better.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

took 4 tylenol already, the buttermilk would confirm my body's desire to vomit.....otherise that plan is becoming more appealing by the minute

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:15 pm:

hangover: megadose vitamin B-complex. drink water constantly.

you should feel better in 20 minutes.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:20 pm:

I am assuming those are big ass horse pills like most high dose vitamins are. THOSE things make me throw up everytime......the smell of those types of pills just makes me sick and it usually upsets my stomach, the tylenol is kicking in, time is slowly becoming on my side (YES IT IS!!!!!) got the water thing......still thinking of making a trip to the whack shack...........sure glad our mayor hasn't closed them down........(however if we put LAPD and Gulianni in the same district, who knows what kinda corrupt police state would form)

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

you can get small b-complex pills, you just have to take more. (+)

they do smell foul. (-)

they make your urine bright yellow. (++)

they restore to your body the B vitamins leached in the alcohol metabolization process, which is why you lack energy. (+)

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:34 pm:

i love it when my pee practically glows, it so gratifying in a weird way. The same way and an old man feels when he has a good poop I suppose.

ever see that kids in the hall skit when grandpa makes a poop...........

by the way those guys are back on tour, thinking of catching them

By J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:48 pm:

This weekend I started mixing Baileys Irish Cream with my Kahlu'a and Vodka drink,yummy.I went bowling last night we split 3 pitchers of beer,bowled 4 games,it was a tie,but I won the one game of pool,told strangers dirty jokes, put eye drops in Jeanie Mason,s beer when she went potty,went home.I rolled 6 joints,drank 2 and 1/4 of those yummy drinks,my husband called from work this a.m. and asked me why I was sleeping in the closet last night,said he had a hell of a time getting me back to bed,I don,t remember. I,m not crying about it,I,m just crying about this unfinished drink on my nightstand.I wonder if I skim the gunk at the top off if I could drink it?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

J J J J J J ........if I wasn't married, i would say you my kinda gal..............jesussonofafuckface........

i bowl a shitty game...

By J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

I think we are cut right out of the same ass Waffles,do you think it would be o.k.to drink it?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:21 pm:

uh no..honey get a fresh mix ....leave that for the cats to sip on...........

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

sunday morning this guy asked me if he could jack off while I was stripping and dancing to delta blues on community radio. I said no.

what do you think the etiquette is on that? if you're going to practice advanced levels of your cocktease routine for some guy you're not going to fuck, should you let him jack off in front of you or can you tell him to wait until you're in the shower?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:41 pm:

let him jack off. i mean, what do you care?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:44 pm:

SURE!!! what do you care if he does or doesn't? Wouldn't the site of a man masturbating turn you on, even slightly, or is this a horrendous sight clothed or unclothed?

..........is this the rich guy who flew you out to (somewhere) to see him.........is he as lame as you indicate, i just don't understand how this guy can put up with your or anyone's else cockteasing, i'd throw you right outta there, but i guess this dumbfuck asked for it

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:45 pm:

I don't know. it seemed like that would be sort of intimate.

I thought about sex from 8:00 to 9:15 a.m. today. at home I've been looking at internet porn. fucking just seems like a really, really good idea.

I thought, so this is what it's like to be a guy.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:46 pm:

hangover cure-
    aspirin, lots of water,and one bloody mary extra spicy.

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:48 pm:

he told me that teasing is ok to a point, then it's either fuck me or get out.

it is so fun. so fun. I want to be a peep show dancer. they'd all be behind glass. that would be the best. I told him I needed to practice. he was pretty nice about it.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

thanks eveyone for your offers of cure, i am much better than i was 2 hours ago......ironically though in each of your suggestions there is an element that would most definitely induce vomitting. the vitamins, buttermilk and now bloddy mary's or rather the V-8.......i personally can't take aspirin, makes me nauseus..tylenol or ibuprofen work much better

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

hangover palliative treatment - lots of water and a mcdonald's coke and fries.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

yeah, i would have thrown you outta there, hell hath no mercy when you reach that point he is referring to

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:56 pm:

actually cyst, intimately speaking, it's kinda hot to watch yer mate masturbate, i highly recommend it

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:58 pm:

"mate" is a great word.

I haven't one, though.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:33 pm:

you should get one so you won't have to *think* about fucking between 8 and 9:15......

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:43 pm:

The smart way to cure a hangover is not to get one in the first place. Drink lots of water when you partake of the demon liquor.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:44 pm:

now how much fun would that be dear Rhi????

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:46 pm:

Gee, are you still there? In my dream, you had a very high voice, and you were wearing a college sweatshirt and tan sneakers. I assume you were also wearing pants, but I didn't really notice.

By Gee on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 07:30 pm:

I have a high-pitched voice. I've been told Several times that I sound like I'm about ten years old on the phone. Most people sound weird on the phone, but that should give you some idea. I don't have a college sweatshirt, but I do like the university jackets they sell at my school. They're black with big red letters on the back. If I'm ever feeling kooky, I'll buy myself one. Oh, and I wear black&white canvis shoes almost every day, even though the soles are wearing away and I have other perfectly good pairs of shoes. I love my black&white canvis shoes. I wore them today when I went for a work/study interview and they didn't seem to scare the guy too much. I hope I was wearing pants in your dream. I favor blue jeans.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 08:04 pm:

Sweet Waffles: I don't think you'll agree with me on this one, but I am of the mentality that if you have to pay for big fun with big pain, it's not worth it. I'd rather have a little fun and no pain, but then, I'm a baby like that. Laugh all you want. Who was feeling miserable this morning, hmmmm? :Þ

Lovely Gee: yes, I believe you were wearing jeans. AND, if I recall, you were *trying on* the pair of tan sneakers...they were not part of your regular ensemble. I'm pretty sure you were wearing a sweatshirt, though. I have to work on my psychic abilities a little more.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:46 am:

tit for tat kit for kat i know i know......nothing is for free, you are inherently right but I have always said the damned never rest.......i am not laying down anytime soon

By Lovely Gee on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

I saw my sixth grade teacher today while on my way to school, and he remembered exactly who I was. He remembered my name, he remembered I played Scrooge, and he remembered how goofy I was (am). Ten years later and he still remembers me. That made me feel so good.

He was my favorite teacher. I'm glad he's still teaching at my old public school. His students are lucky.

By Gee on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 03:08 pm:

I had a dream about Rhiannon. No really. Well, sort of.

I dreamed that she mailed me some stuff. As soon as I saw it in my mailbox I knew it was from her, but I also thought: "How the heck did she get my address?"

She sent me a book, a letter, and something else that I can't remember what it was, but I have rason to believe it may have been an audio tape. The weird thing was that she sent each item seperately, and nothing was packaged. Even the letter was just a bunch of notebook paper stapled together with no envelope.

The book was thick and hardcover, I remember that. I wonder what that means. And the letter was written in big, blue-inked, hand writing. Lots of swirly letters and big loops on the "P"s and "g"s. She had a little message, which I don't remember, and then proceeded to write out the lyrics to a song, which was all basically a "oh baby I love you yeah baby baby ooo baby" sort of thing.

Oh wait, I think the letter came to be in a plastic baggie. Like the kind you'd put a sandwich in. Isn't that weird? I wonder about the meaning of it all.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 04:07 pm:

Gee, we are psychically linked. No swirly letters (I don't think), but I do make big loops on my Gs and capital cursive Ps. I favor blue ink. I put Waffles' leaves in a plastic ziplock bag. Very strange....

I did not dream about you last night. Instead, I dreamed about a crazy man who followed me home, and my father and I had to hit him over the head with a stew pot and drag his body out into the field near our house in order to get rid of him.

By Semillama on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 05:17 pm:

I dreamed in the van today, that I was driving and couldn't stay awake and had to accelrate to 85 mph to stay in the traffic flow and flipped the van into a concrete bridge abutment.

Really liked the Mule and Reelfoot, Rhiannon. You are not alone. Good stuff. Reminded me of this Mpls band, Housebreaker. I will add a couple of their tunes to the Trash tape.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 06:39 pm:

Yay!! I KNEW I couldn't be the only person who saw some worth in those guys! They're so wild! I'm glad you like them.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 24, 1999 - 06:53 pm:

BTW, did you know Mule is from Michigan? Reelfoot has at least one genuine Southerner (Mac McNeilly, who's from Georgia).......but PW Long was actually living in Philadelphia for a while.

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 10:46 am:

I had a dream about PW Long last night. No, really. It was a nice dream.

I dreamt that he worked in a shack outside of town as a mechanic, and that a few years ago, my uncle had shared that shack with him to use as an office for his graphic design business, and that I had worked as a secretary for my uncle. So now I was working at a temp job, and I decided to go see Mr. Long (whose first name is Preston, which was how he was known in the dream) on my lunch break.

I didn't think he would remember me, and I was very shy about going up to see him.....I don't remember if he did remember me or not, but we started talking in the parking lot. I asked him, as an ice-breaker, if he was working on any new music, and he said yes. I don't know what else we talked about, but he was quite pleasant.

Wandering all around the shack were sheep ready to be shorn. Some were painted green for some reason. There was a sheep-shearing party going on, and people kept interrupting us to ask him questions about the sheep, which was irritating him. So we got up (he had been sitting in a rocking chair on the grass / I had been leaning on my car) and he took me to this area that was like an Army obstacle course....all these machine guns had been strung together.

He sat down in the middle of them all, and I asked "isn't that live ammo?" but he didn't move. Instead, he showed me these old coins he had found. They had been minted at different times during WWII, and they each had different maps of Europe on one side. I pointed out to him the changing borders of Austria. Italy looked very strange and fat. This meant something, which I forget.

Then I realized I had been gone from work for over an hour...past my lunch break....so I reluctantly got up to leave. I started to formulate an excuse to give my employer -- I had gone to a restaurant for lunch and there had been a fire in the parking lot. He walked me back to my car, and we started talking about how hellish our high school was -- apparently we had gone to school together....he had dropped out years ago and had decided to go back as an adult to get his diploma, and he had been in my class -- until we reached my car. I had the feeling that he didn't want me to leave. He told me to hold on, and he went inside the shack, and I had the feeling he was getting the keys to his truck because he wanted me to go somewhere with him and forget about work. Then I woke up, which was a shame, because I wanted to see where we were going to go.

By Patrick on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 01:42 pm:

notice this thread is pulling posts from other threads so when you view the tree view it is imply posts are here that aren't really here...i loveit when the boards fuck with you that way

By Gee on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 09:38 pm:

I had a dream about the boy I had great affection for several months ago. I wish I would stop thinking about him, but at the time it seems so harmless.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 10:56 am:

I had a dream about the boards last night.

People began starting their posts with about 5 of their favorite words in a row. Then people started writing complex sentences or phrases with big words. Then people started writing a sentence in another language. All this was like a preface to whatever people wanted to say -- it had nothing to do with the actual topic. I was going to say something in Italian, and I was trying to come up with something grammatically correct. I think I finally settled on "lasciate ogni speranza, vuoi ch'entrate" (which is, "abandon all hope, ye who enter here"). But that's in old Italian, and I couldn't remember if it was "lasciati" or "lasciate" and I didn't want to make a mistake.

Before that I had a dream in which I was an assassin running around an art museum with a water gun filled with poison. I shot this one guy and then kissed him for about 15 minutes until he died. I only stopped kissing him when I realized he'd soon be growing cold and I didn't want to feel that happen under my mouth. O-kay.....

By cyst on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

how many more years before you're out of that women's college?

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 04:25 pm:

I know, really.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 07:29 pm:

I had a dream about go the Philadelphia Symphony on saturday night adn listening to music by Russian composers.

OK. That wasn't a dream.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 08:01 pm:

That's right, you were in town this weekend, weren't you? Just as well I didn't know...you said yourself you didn't want me stalking you.

Not that I would or anything. I'm too lazy.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 08:25 pm:

Oh yeah, and, um, I don't even want to. Right. Heh heh heh.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 28, 1999 - 09:48 pm:

The symphony was great, btw. The strings were an order of magnitude better than the Dallas Symphony strings. The orchestra started out with "A Little Triptych for Orchestra" by Sviridov. At the first chord I knew that the night would be a treat. The strings were warm, lyrical, and played like one instrument. The piece was really good, too.

They followed up with Prokofiev's Violin concerto #1 in D major. I'm not a great fan of violin concertos, and this one is particularly boring, but the soloist was great. He played an encore afterwards that was technically incredible with some lightening fast left hand pittsacato (sp?) that was really amazing. (After walking around the neighborhood after the performance we ran into the soloist as he was exiting the performance hall. My sister got to say, "Great performance" to him in Russian.)

They ended up with Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances, Op 45. I liked the 2nd movement best, but it was all around great. The trombone section almost got a standing ovation, and they deserved it. (I'm a bass trombone player myself, so I might be a bit biased...)

Anyway, I went to the art museum too. The oriental wing was the best part, IMHO, although the collection of impressionist art was impressive.

By Gee on Monday, November 29, 1999 - 10:49 pm:

Last night I dreamed that my mother went on-line and accedently found sorabji and discovered that I am not a stranger to sex. It was horrifying!

By J on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:40 am:

That,s not a dream Gee, it,s a nightmare.

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 30, 1999 - 08:42 pm:

Indeed.

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 04:09 am:

Waitaminute -- LucyPhurre dreamed abt Lawanda having sex w/Nate in a treehouse?

(Acutally/once of my secret fantasies is to get rich enuf to build a grown-up treehouse -- complete w/plumbing & a kitchen & speakers in every room & everythang. I saw one in Architectural Digest years ago & nearly feinted from jealousy.)

WHAT have I been missing here?

By J on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 12:26 pm:

I bet that treehouse was the one built by the dead bank robber I had the hots for,was it in Washington?Or Oregon?I can,t remember for sure now.

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 03:00 pm:

No, I dreamt that I called the treehouse and RC was there and she answered the phone and told me exactly how to handle whatever problem it was. It was like the "I need advice" board, only in realtime.
    But Lawanda didn't have sex with Nate in my dream.
    (Who dreamed that?)
    I like treehouses too.

By Me.... on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

Wow, i just read a book by Ann Rule about the dead bank robber that lived in a tree house.....he WAS a good-looking guy..........

By Agatha on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 08:48 pm:

that treehouse is in olympia, washington. i live there. not in the treehouse, though. there's a lot of treehouses here.

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:04 pm:

Me,I read that book,Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors,not only was he a total hottie,he was so smart,he could of made something of himself honestly.Agatha have you seen his treehouse? It,s supposed to be for sale,his name was Scott Shurlock.

By Cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 07:45 pm:

my sociopath friend used to live in ted bundy's old dorm room at uw. have I mentioned this here before? the last four digits of his phone number spelled EVIL. he was campaign manager for his roommate's bid for student body presidency. got 666 votes.

By cyst on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:07 pm:

I dreamed about sex last night.

it was great / funny / sad.

the great part was that it happened at all with this married guy I have a crush on. the funny part was when he told me, "this is my favorite kind of pie." the sad part was later when he being mean and told me sarcastically, "when I made that noise at the end, it meant I really love you."

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:17 pm:

i don't dream anymore

By Antigone on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:05 pm:

Try about 1000mcg of vitamin B12 and 200mg of Zinc about two hours before going to sleep. It might not work the first time, but eventually you'll have pretty vivid dreams.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 01:08 pm:

you don't want to see me on zinc, i am allergic to it, lips swell, hands and feet swell, feet ache hard to walk,

but i will give the B12 a go.....i think i dream i just don't remember....

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:18 pm:

Cyst- your sociopath friend probably just needs a hobby. Give him a bunch of pot and tell him to take over the world.
    He'll spend at least 6 months smoking pot and raving about world domination, coming up with outlandish plans for his conquest, in between fits of maniacal giggling.
    At least, that's what my satanism/libertinism/fascinated with evil/etc friends do.
    It's really entertaining... I have a couple of friends who do that regularly. (of course, I would never indulge in such a frivolous pastime myself ;)

By cyst on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:21 pm:

"I dreamed about you last night."

is it stalking if you just walk around downtown near their building when you know it's their lunch hour?

I so wanted to see my friend I dreamed about last night. not that I wanted to call him and see if he could meet me, I wanted it to appear completely accidental.

I had planned to tell him I dreamed about him last night.

not "you were in my dream last night." but "I dreamed about you last night."

By cyst on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:29 pm:

lucy - thanks for the sociopath advice. I hadn't thought about giving him pot. but he lives in eugene, oregon; I should be getting it from him.

recently I've been feeling judgmental about others' pot use. like, I found out that the endodontist who wants to set me up with his son smokes pot. and now I'm way more interested in going to his party. (I also found out he rented the WHOLE FUCKING SPACE NEEDLE, not just some suites. duh. the space needle doesn't have suites.)

but I'm also judgmental the other way around, too. I'm not that interested in hanging out with total potheads, even though I used to be one too. I can't even figure out what's wrong with it. maybe I just want to create another barrier between me and potential friends. another thing wrong with everyone else.

By Agatha on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 10:02 pm:

i want to go to the space needle on new year's.

By cyst on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 12:58 am:

do you really? can you imagine if there really is an electricity problem? might be up there a long time.

my other plan is falling through, so I really am thinking about going. if I do, I'll see if I can get you and yours invites.

By Gee on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 02:33 am:

Cyst - Stop acting like me. It's not healthy.

I do that. Walking/hanging around somewhere where my victem Might appear. Tell them that I dreamed about them. Especially if it's a sexual dream and then they think they're special.

By cyst on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 04:48 pm:

ok, gee, I'll stop acting like you.

I need to come up with a new sorabji persona, anyway. kym is making cyst redundant. I'm glad.

By Me....... on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 04:55 pm:

what does the name 'cyst' actually mean to you ?? i mean, i think of like-a tumor or something...and that's not very attractive, and you sound like a pretty cool, attractive lady... i've just been curious......not meant as a put-down .....

By cyst on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 05:27 pm:

in the last week or so I've realized I have a best friend.

he's the one person I've bought a christmas gift for. because of someone here, I've forgotten who. lucy? sarah? someone once posted a link to the gloomcookie comics. I bought him the first two.

long ago I used to post my college's unix bulletin board as "antigone," but I decided that was way too noble a name for me. "grendel" was not only too pretentious but already taken. I don't know why. because it's gross.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:19 pm:

That was me... aren't those great?
    I love 'em.
    & thanx for reminding me... gotta go get the new one.. it should be out this month.

By Agatha on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 09:20 pm:

cyst, yeah. i want to go. i want to bring dave, and i want you to ignore everyone there except for me and him. okay?

By cyst on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 02:59 pm:

lucy - yeah, they are great. and he's going to love them. he's the one who's always forwarding me the urls to goth babe of the week. I would have bought the third comic as well, but it was unavailable as of a week ago.

agatha - handjob guy said he wants to come to the space needle as well. he said it was mentioned in some old seinfeld episode. kramer says he wants to be in the space needle on new year's eve 1999 and he wonders how long ago it was rented out and for how much.

I still need the endodontist's son's email address, though. the endodontist is a technophobe and has no idea what it is, and his wife is out of town. now that my other plan has fallen through, I need to try to secure this invitation. I need to find a digital image of me that's cute but not too slutty.

after I charm him, I will tell him that the only reservation I have about going is for years I've had plans with these really good friends of mine in olympia that I would spend new year's eve 1999 with them.

By Me...... on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 06:57 pm:

pardon me for intruding on a conversation.....just pretend like i'm not here....oh........you are........

By agatha on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 08:04 pm:

kay. i'm not sure dave will buy into this plan, though, and i need to spend new year's with him. i think he's still mad at me about my birthday fiasco.

By cyst on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 10:41 pm:

no problem. even if I could get you invitations, you wouldn't have to show. I haven't even talked to the guy yet.

last night while I was out our rock star friend called me twice to ask me if I wanted a part in the harvey danger christmas video, which was mostly filmed today. oh well.

I think my life would be more interesting if I lived in seattle. that's probably reason enough to go.

By Gee on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 01:09 am:

HI ME.

By Gee on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 03:10 am:

I had a dream that bothered me. I dreamed I went on some sort of class trip with my Anthropology class to a musuem.

When we were there the Musuem guy showed us this frog. He said that the frog had more blood in it than any other living creature.

A few minutes later he left the room and everying crowded around the table to look at the frog. One person picked it up and said "This would really help us with our assignment." and started to rub the frog's head. I said "No!" really loudly and he put the frog down. I said "Don't do that!" and I tried to pick the frog up so that I could put it back in it's habitat and it jumped away from me to the floor across the room, and like a bunch of children, my class chased after it trying to grab it.

I tried to turn the lights out so they couldn't see it but when I did, I noticed the light from the overhead projector was still lighting the room so I turned the switch back on and thought I should go try to grab the frog. But by that time the other students had already caught him and were kneeling in the middle of the room in a little circle and I could see a really Dark puddle of blood spreading out from between their feet. It was very Very disturbing.

I have a problem with blood. It makes me very nervous. (for some reason, I exclude my period from this)

By Moonit on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 09:12 pm:

I dreamt about Nate. He was controlling the lift (elevator) I was in... and wouldnt let me get to the floor I wanted, or let the doors open, so I lay on the floor and just went up and down and felt sick.

It was wierd.

By Patrick on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 12:02 pm:

she said the LIFT!

By Gee on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

Moonit - was he wearing a dark blue tee-shirt?

By semillama on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 02:54 pm:

how does one dream about someone they probably only know from one old photograph? No, seriously, I don't doubt it, I just want to know how you visualize Nate.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

I had a dream about Nate! I did! Now I can join the club. And YES, he was wearing a blue shirt! That was probably influenced by you guys, though.

It was a very hazy dream. All I remember was Nate was in a bookstore. He had dark hair and was wearing a navy blue short-sleeved shirt...not so much a t-shirt, but kind of like one of those old alligator shirts. I saw him from behind, as he was walking away from me. That was the whole dream -- Nate walking away from me in a bookstore. But in the dream I *knew* he was Nate and not some other guy.

Then I had a dream about that guy whose shoulders I adore. In the dream he was really sick and grumpy and I had to spoon-feed him soup. That's all I remember.

By Me....... on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

hi, Gee !!! wow......i'm really, really here......

By Me....... on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 06:53 pm:

Why are you all having dreams about Nate ?? i know, i saw his picture, and he is a good-looking guy.....but......why ??....?? i don't dream about internet acquaintances (sp?) maybe i'm strange....sometimes when i've been online for a while, when i go out and i see different colors and lights i want to click a mouse button....now, to me, THAT'S weird..........

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 10, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

I don't know....I just closed my eyes and there he was.

When i was little and obsessed with Tetris, I used to see Tetris blocks in everything I looked at. It used to drive me crazy. I sympathize.

By Gee on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:11 am:

Didn't I dream about Nate in a bookstore too? How neat. You know what else is neat? I did that exact same thing with Tetris. I'd see blocks in everything I looked at and try to figure out how to move them around. I'd close my eyes and see blocks and try to figure out how to move them around. It drove me crazy.

I've never seen a picture of Nate. Not unless that naked guy really was him. In my dream he didn't really have any features, he was just a guy. a short guy. in a dark blue tee-shirt.

By Nelly on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

I dreamed I was swimming with Nate. We were at the natatorium.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:03 pm:

You saw Tetris blocks too, Rhi? In January of my sophmore year in college I played Tetris for hours a day. During class I could play games in my head. The sick thing is that I lost sometimes.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

It was addictive, wasn't it?

I remember being about 12 and visiting my cousins in Las Vegas in the summer. This was before Wet and Wild and all the other kid-friendly places were up and running, so all us kids could do all day was go swimming and play Nintendo. My brother and cousin Michael would always hog the Nintendo, and it's no fun swimming by yourself, so I would play Tetris on the Gameboy while waiting for them to let me have a turn playing River City Ransom or whatever we played back then. I would end up playing for hours. I was good at it, too...much better than my brother and cousin, and that always made me feel superior to them.

But, yes, a consequence to playing so much was seeing the blocks everywhere, even when my eyes were closed. My brother claimed he never played Tetris because he didn't want to be kept awake by thinking about it...not because he was bad at it. Ha!

By Antigone on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 03:40 pm:

Ya know, now that I think about it, that never happened with any other game. I wonder if that was a by product of the attention patterns necessary for playing the game. It would be interesting to see if there are any studies on that. It's also a fun memetics thought game: is Tetris sucha good visual meme that it replicates itself onto other images you see?

By Rhiannon on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 04:18 pm:

I slightly disagre: I remember the same effect occurring after too much Super Mario 3....BUT not to the degree of the Tetris effect.

I think you're right...you have to pay such attention to the visual patterns of the blocks to the exclusion of everything else around you because the game happens so fast...so that must do something to your mental processes afterwards. Like an afterimage, sort of, except that it's not so much in your visual perception unit but deeper...into your processing unit or something.

I wonder what cognitive psychologists would have to say about this. I always thought of it as getting in a brain groove.

By semillama on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 07:01 pm:

I just had a disquieting thought. What if you woke up one day and everything you percieved was Super Mario? And you had to react to it the same way, except taht for everyone else, the world was "normal"?

And what if Nate is somehow stuck inthat world, and is trying to communicate to us through our dreams?

What if nate has become. . .The Nibbler??
    (gasp of horror)

By Rhiannon on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 07:11 pm:

Say, where *is* Nate, anyway? He's been awfully quiet lately.

The Nibbler wouldn't happen to look like a cross between a large ape-like human and a rabbit, would he?

By semillama on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 10:01 pm:

sometimes.

sometimes he looks like a little clown.

By grandpa smegmanite on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 01:16 am:

clowns are fucking scary.

nate is busy moving into his new home.

santa is satan spelled inside out.

the nibbler is gnawing at the bones of your fragile world.

my head is up my ass and it's fucking up the flow of shit that should be streaming out of my mouth right now.

wake me up if you have any more questions.

i've got an answer for everything.

actually, fuck that.

i'm going back to the bar to drink my delusions into reality.

good luck with all that other stuff.

By Gee on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 03:06 am:

You leave Santa out of this. My mother likes to refer to Santa as the Fat Nazi, and I glare at her when she does that.

The Tetris thing: this sounds weird, but I used to do the same thing with some hash browns they served us one year at camp. They were the small block shaped kind. I used to close my eyes and see them. I felt like I could feel them in my throat all the time. I still feel that way when I think about them. Isn't that Weird??

By semillama on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 01:51 pm:

yes.

By Gee on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 01:28 am:

Thanks. Now I know for sure.

By Nate on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 11:00 am:

i dream about me all the time.

By Patrick on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 12:25 pm:

i had a dream about nate, we were wearing nickers and golfing at pebble beach.

By Nate on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 12:36 pm:

that wasn't a dream patrick.

don't talk to me!

By Patrick on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 01:53 pm:

OH, then i guess the ruckus at the 19th hole wasn't a dream either......oh my !

By Moonit on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 01:58 pm:

It was a bizarre dream. The building had video cameras everywhere (movie plot anybody?) and I just knew it was Nate - and he had a dark coloured suit on I think. He was laughing and just making the lift go up and down and up then down... ugh. I woke up feeling sick - and relieved that it was just a dream.

By Nate on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 02:00 pm:

i'm sorry moonit.

i wouldn't do that in real life.

i'm much more of a subtle asshole in the real world.

By Gee on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 03:31 am:

You lie.

I had a dream about Sarah a while ago. I didn't want to share it because it...was not like the dream I had about Nate. I will only mention that she was playing with a pink feathered boa.

By Me... on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 07:00 pm:

i must really be missing out-i don't have dreams about any of you guys on sorabji........

By Gee on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 11:59 pm:

I had a dream about the Map Library Boy last night.

I remember a big curtin. and I asked him if he remembered my name (he should know it, he's seen my library card) and he told me that it wasn't his job to remember people's names.

I wanted to tell him about it, but I didn't get to speak to him today. I saw him walking in, though. He's very pretty.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 11:58 am:

i had a dream i was playing air hockey sarah and she threw the "stick" at me when SHE won.

it hit me in the head in sorta of a slow mo fashion

it didn't hurt

we then went on to play one of those racing games you get in side by side and the car shakes when you run off the road

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:11 pm:

Was she wearing a pink boa?

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:41 pm:

ok. i'm going to dreamquest this weekend. i want everyone who i visit to post the dreams i entered.

apologies in advance if i end up in a "dirty" dream. it can be embarassing.

whenever you're having sex in a dream, look around for a mid-sized Dief (Dieffenbachia.) I tend to enter dreams as a house plant at first, to avoid embarassment.

patrick, btw, is one kinky motherfucker.

By Patrick on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:47 pm:

yeah but who is kinkier? the one commiting kink or the "FERN" in the corner watching.........

and thanks, i take that as a compliment

and no , there was no boa involved, although when the wife breaks out her leaopard print boa, it's gonna be one of those nights....those nights the "fern" usually comes around....

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

touche!

but really, i'm just making notes for the book.

By R.C. on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 06:19 am:

I fell asleep for a little while earlier & had a dream abt Nate. He was mowing the lawn in front of his house/wearing really ugly seersucker shorts & no shirt. He was sweaty & bronzed w/a very ripped torso/but also very annoyed looking. And he was using a rider mower becuz his yard was so fucking huge. There were trees all over property/but it was a very hot & sunny day & he had started by mowing only the parts of the lawn that were in the shade/then moved on to the sunny sections.

It was all so pathetic... until Salma Hayek came 'round from the river in back of the house in a wet t-shirt & bikini bottoms....

In the dream/I was Nate's cat (the big furry one -- Prose I think she's called...?) lounging on the front porch swing/taking it all in w/an air of nonchalance.

I am certain this dream was the result of doing 2
    Cuervo shots at my local watering hole (my regular bartender - who has strict instructions from me never to let anyone buy me shots -was off tonite. I only do shots on my birthday during a Leap Year & then only Herradura/but this place doesn't stock it.) Then I came home/ate some leftover Panang chicken that I'd orered at work earlier tonite/& fell asleep while reading in bed. (The book was 'Power For Living'/that book you can get from free by calling the 800 # in those commercials.) But I don't think there was any literary influence behind the dream.

I never, ever dream of myself as an animal. What cd it possibly mean? And Nate wd never do anything as plebian as mow his lawn -- he'd let if go to seed w/lots of clover & wildflowers & waist-high grass to roll around in. Or he'd hire someone to mow it. And nobody wears seersucker anymore.

So folks... pls. interpret this dream for me. What was it's significance?

Anyway/it's started raining again & sleeping late on a rainy Saturday is one of my favorite pastimes in life. I'm going back to bed & see if I can pick up the dream where I left off.

By semillama on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 02:24 pm:

Nate- Aha! You're the Psychic Fern!

By Gee on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 01:31 am:

RC - Go to this site: http://www.swoon.com/dream/index.html and try figuring your dream out for yourself.

I don't really believe that YOUR dreams can be explained by anyone but you, but sometimes I go to that site to get a little direction for a confusing dream. I also like to ask my friend Tommy, because he always has an explanation for me. He's the smartest guy I know. I'll tell him your dream and repeat his comments.

By R.C. on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 08:57 pm:

All opinions are welcome. I will check out the swoon site when I get home -- I went to pick up the Sunday paper from my folk's house/so I'm using my Mom's computer now. (Apparently MCIworld.com service accesses the boards w/no problem.)

The seersucker is what's really troubling me...

By Nate on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 11:06 am:

my lawn is this patch of really green grass where my septic tank must be.

The rest of my property is au natural. redwoods and acacia, oak, a nice running stream full of boulders and ferns (non-psychic.)

and no, no seersucker. i'm not sure i even know what that is.

By Nate on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 11:07 am:

oh, i could debunk some other details, also, but anything that is better than reality may remain untouched.

or so they say.

By Patrick on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

nate your house looked great from 33,000 feet last night.......

By Gee on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 01:19 am:

RC - I showed my friend Tommy (who decyphers dreams for me sometimes) your post. Here's what he had to say. Keep in mind he knows nothing about you or Nate, and this is the only post of yours he's ever Ever read.

~

You owe me cookies.
    Usually, dreaming as an animal means you are feeling disconnected. In this case, it may mean she's worried about the loss of some sort of relationship, possibly about losing "Nate" to some other person (woman) that she thinks (fears) is more attractive. Potential feelings of physical inadequacy when compared to muscled Nate, and Ms. Sexy person. Beautiful people belong together, etc... Worried about Nate being annoyed with her for her seeming passivity in the face of things that need to be done. She is placidly on the porch, while he is working at something.
    Of course, it could all be tequila ramblings. (LOL)

I'm dreaming of cookies. (nod)

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 03:49 am:

Well, that's an interpretation. But methinks it misses the mark.

I suspect is was just the usual mental/ psychological housekeeping. None of my dreams ever make sense. I wish they had some deep psychological meaning behind them -- it wd certainly make it easier to figure out one's shit. But I don't even remember 95% of my dreams.

Earlier that day/I'd read that Nate had bought a house. And I'd seen a photo of Salma Hayek in her stripper outfit from "Dogma".

The Cuervo was prolly responsible for connecting the 2. And the Swoon site turned up No Matches for seersucker.

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 03:56 am:

BTW: Seersucker is this weird fabric that nobody wore after 1975. I can't really describe it... Imagine if bubble wrap (the reall small kind) were made out of cotton fabric. And the fabric was blue & yellow & green & white plaid -- but a tiny plaid/not the big Catholic-school-uniform style. And imagine the cotton bubbles being very small & soft & collapsible/so you always looked wrinkled even if you'd just pressed yr pants. Like linen/but far less fashionable.

Imagine the kind of shorts Beck wd be wearing if he came into a 7-11 to buy beer at 2:00 a.m. on a Sunday nite.

That's what seersucker looks like. Just a really ugly, suburban fabric that Dad's wore when they mowed the lawn on weekends. My Dad had a pr. of shorts like the one's Nate had on in the dream.
    But I haven't seen anyone -- or even thought abt -- seersucker in at least 20 years.

I'm surprised I even remember how to spell it.

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

last night i had a dream nate and I were sluggin oil cans of Fosters in the parking lot of a walmart. We were listening to Iron maiden and talking about our tee time in the morning

By Nate on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 12:51 pm:

more like tea time!! HA HA!! strap on your knickers!! HA HA!

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 01:11 pm:

the latter is implied, otherwise how else could we convince ourselves that our nickers look hot and that a golf course has 19 holes as opposed to 18

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 01:20 pm:

Don't forget the Tam O'Shanters..... they will add to the facade.

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 02:55 pm:

.....around the 11th hole..........normal joe golfers hear

..."HERE I AM !!!!!!!.........ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE......."

....getting louder and louder as our luxury, stereo equiped, liquor loaded golf cart approaches......

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 09:00 pm:

Y'all are so stupid...

Golf jokes @ Sorabji.com!

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 11:03 am:

can't ya see it? bunch punk asses like ourselves kickin it to Ron James Dio and the Scorpions on a snooty, uptight golf course, liquored, ubnoxious and otherwise a hoot.

c'mon, you know you'd love to hang out the back out of luxury golf cart sippin margarita's watchin us make asses outta ourselves

By Moonit on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 07:56 pm:

only if they were strawberry margaritas and Nate promises not to go anywhere near an elevator lift thing.

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 08:13 pm:

Only if they were frozen Herradura Margaritas w/Grand Marnier. AND if you & Nate & all the other Sorabji males wear plaid seersucker golf shirts & the ugliest Hawaiian shirts to be found.

But you have to play at that ultra-snooty course on L.I. -- what is it, the Shinnecock Club?

Then I'll go! And laugh my ass off.

By MapleLeaf on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 08:38 pm:

I think it is Shinnecock Hills.... the US Open was played there a few years ago.
    Count me in and I will bring some good Canadian beer.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 10:02 pm:

You're on! I'll try to procur a bleeding golfer head we can launch.

Or we can make one while we're their, I can improvise.

By Sarah on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 10:36 pm:

i'll donate the ugly hawaiian shirts.

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 11:11 pm:

Thanks, Sarah. But I'm sure all yours are too nice for this lot.

But if you've got some old Don Ho joints from back-in-the-day, we'll take 'em.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 23, 1999 - 04:44 am:

right!

By Nate on Sunday, December 26, 1999 - 10:20 am:

alright, i finally had a sorabji dream last night.

i was in this giant mall somewhere. most of the time i was getting chased or laid. maybe chased because i was getting laid, or getting laid in between getting chased. anyway, a lot of running through the mall and fucking in any hidey spot i could find.

for some reason most of my dreams follow this basic plot.

anyway, at one point i was chilling in the mens section of some large department store (neither fucking nor being chased, as it would be.) that's when i saw swine.

i don't recall much detail except that he was wearing a pair of blue men's slacks with the legs rolled inward to bring the cuff up to just below his knee.

of course, i started making fun of him. he told me to shut up, he was working. apparently he had this gig where he wore this other guy's pants for awhile, to "break them in."

then in walks this tall black guy with a mess of long braids, a trench coat and a black t-shirt that identified some band i'd heard of and immediately caused me to identify him as the bass player for said band. i said "oh shit, isn't that...?" and swine said "yeah, hold on."

and then walks over to the guy and they talk for a bit. swine gives him the pants he's wearing, grabs another pair off the rack.

and then, shortly after swine comes back and the guy leaves, i spot an agent for whatever big evil organization was chasing me around and have to take off running.

that's all i remember.

By Patrick on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 01:34 am:

you're making that up

By Moonit on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 02:47 am:

Swine breaking in other peoples pants. That is bizarre.

By Gee on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 04:04 am:

Makes perfect sense.

By semillama on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 04:00 pm:

I can see it.

By J on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 04:41 pm:

I can feel it.

By R.C. on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 04:58 pm:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAhaha! Swine making his living breaking in other people's pants?? That's too bizarre for Nate to have made it up!

But the business of Nate getting chased & laid rings quite true. 'Tis the subplot of his life.

(BTW, was the musician Bootsy Collins?)

By Nate on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 05:11 pm:

it was not bootsy.

i don't think it was anyone real, but just someone i recognized as real as part of the parameters of the dream.

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, December 27, 1999 - 05:58 pm:

I want a job where I break in pants for others. Everyone else has all the fun.

By cyst on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 03:09 am:

I like seersucker. it's not like cotton bubble wrap. it's stripey, but the stripes aren't just printed, they're textured. one stripe is like regular broadcloth, and the next is puckered.

I used to have a red-violet seersucker baby-doll dress. god, I wonder whatever happened to that. I lose so many clothes. one time I saw a cardigan I lost on a friend when I dropped in on her at work.

"hey, that's my cardigan!"

"damn. I never wear this if I know you're coming over."

"you stole my shirt!"

"listen, I can't wear these pants with anything else!"

I let her keep it.

tonight the boy said nice things to me. he said I have great taste in clothes and shoes, that I always look nice. he told me he even liked my scarf. I told him it was irish, and he looked up the brand name in a book about ireland. foxford woolen mills, from the western part of the island.

here's the url to a page with a photo of a seersucker print: http://www.easystreetantiques.com/fabr.html

seersucker prints are a little unusual, I think.

here are some closeups of solid seersuckers:
    http://www.baltazor.com/seersucker.html

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 12:25 pm:

my kimono is made of seersucker-LIKE material. I suppose it's a derivative of rice...I can't read the label, but it's comfy all the same

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 04:35 pm:

The label says, "Made in USA"

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 05:09 pm:

if it does, i can't tell, probably mexico

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 07:42 pm:

Thanks, Cyst. I knew no one believed me abt seersucker...

By cyst on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 08:34 pm:

r.c., no one knows shit about clothes these days. especially guys.

except for my really smart friend who won't even call sportscoats "blazers" unless they have brass buttons.

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 10:03 pm:

Clothes? Don't you wear them?

p.s. Did you hear about the man with five peckers? His pants fit like a glove! baaadaaaboom

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 28, 1999 - 10:38 pm:

My Mom knows all that sartorial stuff. But when I was younger & she was trying to teach me how to dress/I cdn't be bothered... I just wanted a pr. of comfy jeans & some sneakers to wear to school. That was practically my entire wardrobe from, like, 10th grade til I finished college.

Who knew there wd ever come a day when I'd need to know the difference btwn cocktail dress & black tie/or why clothes shd be cut on the bias/or the difference btwn satin & peau de soie. Jeez -- I'm having flashbacks...

"Check to see if the hemline is weighted. At that price, it should be, or the jacket will never hang right."

Bah, humbug! The only clothing advice I ever paid attention to was her tips on buying fur: "Always female only pelts. Mink & sable are the best. Skip the nutria & all fox except silver. Beaver & raccoon might as well be rat fur -- if a man gives you either one/the man & the coat are worthless."

But according to my mother/the entire reason I'm still single is becuz I don't dress better & I hate housework. And don't care who knows it.

(I wonder what her explaination is for why my brother is still single...)

By Gee on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 02:38 am:

I really don't know very much about clothes, myself. I'm not up on all the lingo and wotnot.

I know what I like, but even that's not safe right now. I sense another shift in my tastes in clothing coming on.

By mistaswine on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 11:00 am:

i've been thinking about buying a bunch of black suits and just wearing those all the time.

shopping for clothes is a pain in the ass.

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 11:47 am:

Damn. I love shopping for clothes. I have so many, but they're old, and I am dying to just refurbish my whole wardrobe. But alas, I'm a poor lout, so I'll make do with the one new outfit I bought myself for Xmas and the new Jammies I got from Grandmother.

I wonder why department stores carry "womens" sizes but don't carry clothing for us "full-figured" men.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 01:39 pm:

after seeing some recent photos taken of me, it occurred to me that i dress like i'm auditioning for Charlie's Angels 2000.

or it might be the hair.

By agatha on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 05:08 pm:

rc, do you really wear fur?

my new favorite fabrics are microfiber, ultra fine corduroy, and polarfleece. i got over my polyester phobia, i guess.

By R.C. on Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - 06:09 pm:

ROFL at what Sarah said!

Yes, I do wear fur. Or I did. Got myself a mink coat w/my first bonus check from my 1st 'real' job after college.

Sold it some years later to pay my expenses during film school. Ya can't get that kind of resale value on polar fleece.

I think fur is fabulous. Nothing feels as warm or as luxurious. (I mean, really -- wd you even think abt making hot monkey love on top of a microfiber coat in the middle of the floor?). About 80% of the pelts comes from ranch-raised animals who were bred to become coats (except for fox & lynx.) And I'm an unrepentant carnivore/so I don't have a problem w/fur. But I do draw the line a exotics & endangered species.

By cyst on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 01:38 am:

I regret not buying fur in ukraine. everyone, EVERYONE, wears fur in kiev. so it's reasonably priced. and it all comes from fur farms in belarus. all I got was a $10 hat, but I wished I had a long coat.

I can't imagine wearing fur in florida, though. and in portland it's usually too wet for it anyway.

I have also recently started to appreciate synthetics. it took me seven years to come around to fleece, but now I understand. warm. dries fast. and I love microfiber. especially for underwear. it's not ugly like nylon, it doesn't fade quickly and lose its shape like cotton. and I like lycra. stretchy clothes look so great.

but wool will always be a special friend to me. I think my long black wool crepe wins my best skirt of 1999 award. it barely wrinkles. it swooshes when I walk fast.

By Gee on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 02:58 am:

oh, girls.

I hate fur. my grandmother had a fur coat and whenever I touched it all I could think about was death.

My family always had a lot of stray cats come in, so I'm familiar with dead animals. I've had to touch dead cats before (someone had to get rid of them) and their fur always felt different when they were dead. It wasn't just their limp bodies - their fur just felt Different. unreal.

fur coats, hats, boots, whatever...they all feel like dead cat to me.

By cyst on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 09:43 am:

does leather feel like dead skin to you? that's what it is. do you wear it anyway?

in most other languages I've tried to learn, "leather" and "skin" are the same word.

By Nate on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 11:16 am:

I WEAR WHAT I WEAR GODDAMNIT.

LEAVE ME ALONE.

By agatha on Thursday, December 30, 1999 - 12:49 pm:

i think fur is nasty, but i can respect rc's theory about it. there was a lot of fur wearing going on in nyc. when i was eighteen and part of the alf, i used to say to women wearing fur:" hope you like your coat, its original owner DIED for it." those were some embarrassing times. don't get me started on the videos i used to show in front of the dining hall at my college. yeesh.

By Gee on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 02:36 am:

Leather just feels like leather to me. I've never touched actual dead skin so there's no mental association there.

I don't wear leather, though. Which makes it Really hard to buy belts.

By cyst on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 02:47 am:

leather feels good. smells good too. I even like the sound it makes when it rubs. and there's no better material for shoes.

By J on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 08:38 am:

I like leather too,and silk,nothing feels as good as silk against your skin.I would have no reason to wear a fur in Arizona and with my luck,if I had one, some shit would throw paint on it.I won,t wear costume jewlry either.

By WanderingWillyTheWhacker on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 03:18 pm:

This thread has completely confused me!
    Now I'm wearing a darkblue t shirt, jerking my gerkin with a fur lined-leather cocksock, dreaming about Nate having sex with Starboy out on the septic tank while Charlie's Angels are standing there yelling "Pick Me! Pick Me!"
    FetidBeaver is pissing in my crock pot, while Patrick makes plans to go to Mexico to see the shearing of the seersucker herd. RC's playing golf with DonHo in Hawaii.

What the fuck?

By J on Saturday, January 1, 2000 - 06:27 pm:

Where did you get that fur lined sock?

By WWTW on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 12:07 am:

Hand made by BuffaloWoman ( What a Gal ! )
    Took half a beaver pelt for the lining.
    The outter is Ovine, of course.

By J on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:20 am:

Does she make twat socks?

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

Beaver pelt?!?!

By semillama on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:46 pm:

Ok, I joined the club!

I had a dream with Nate in it before I left for Detroit. Swine was there as well. Nate was not bald and he was wearign a yellow shirt and black pants. Swine was all in black, and since I have never seen him, I pictured him as looking like Seal. There were a couple other people there as well. We were in a dim apartment, and I am pretty sure we were all extremly high. All I remember is that Nate wouldn't get off the couch and Swine wouldn't sit down, and kept ordering people to fetch him a beer.

By Czarina on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 01:37 am:

I've got a nutra-rat cock-sock,could that be of use to anyone?

By agatha on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 03:07 am:

the part about swine is pretty accurate, aside from him looking like seal. swine most definitely does not resemble seal. heh. that's really funny to think about, actually.

By J on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 09:58 am:

Hey Czarina,I could use one.Swine as Seal?Not my little sweet cheeks,I just know he,s a hottie.

By semillama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

At least I got the lack of hair right, and he seems to be tall. I totally missed the beard, though.

By J on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

I have been vindicated,he,s cute,and he does have sweet cheeks.Now tell me that picture of the guy on the toilet wasn,t you Sem.

By J on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 01:43 pm:

I have been vindicated,he,s cute,and he does have
    sweet cheeks.Now tell me that picture of the guy
    on the toilet wasn,t you Sem.

By semillama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 08:04 pm:

Of course that was me!

Who else did you think it was?

That was taken way back in late 1992, though.

If and when i get a scanner, i will amuse you all with pics of the days when i earned the nickname Vanilla Fro.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 12:03 am:

Oh Semillama. sigh.

Now I'm going to be thinking about that toilet picture everytime you say something.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 12:04 am:

and in related news: I have a picture of Myself on the toilet. Of course, I was FIVE at the time!

By cyst on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:03 am:

scan it in and show us.

By cyst on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:31 am:

I don't think I've posted a link to a photo of me yet today.

here I am at age five or so. it couldn't have been my parents' idea for me to pretend I was praying, so I must have done it on my own. maybe I was going through a god phase. I wish I knew.

By J on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

Cyst,you look like a little doll.I just remember that Sem looked really loaded.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 01:33 pm:

are you praying?

By semillama on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

no, the toilet was loaded.

Gee, I don't look very much like that photo now anyway, although the attitude is the same.

I have been told I resemble Richard Dreyfuss, from the Jaws era, if that helps.

now that I think about it, I really do look like Richard Dreyfuss. I suppose that's bettter than looking like Louie Anderson.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 02:59 pm:

actually i was referring to cyst's pic, but now that i recall your toilet shot, you too sorta had your hands by your face as well.........

By semillama on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 04:02 pm:

I was referring to j's comment. I had one hand by my face and the other hiding the ugly truth.

By Gee on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 06:32 pm:

I don't have a scanner, and I'm not interested in paying money so the world can see me on the potty. Otherwise I'm sure I'd share.

that's a really cute picture of you, Cyst.

By cyst on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:53 pm:

where is this photo of sem? I want to see.

I was probably pretending to pray because I wanted to be pious like my best friend, a little blond catholic girl. my dad must have taken the photo. my mother really discouraged any religious inclinations in me and my brother. except for getting us christened (just in case, I guess).

By Moonit on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 09:40 pm:

I wanna see tooo...Sem

cute pic Cyst

At my 21st birthday my mum made beer coasters with pictures of me as a kid and smart comments on the back. People took them home.

By J on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 10:27 am:

How thoughtful,your mom sounds really cool.My mom made placemats like that for me,a collage of my life,still have it.

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 11:13 am:

look thru the WAYD page, he posted a link to his site several times, in which you can find several photos of him......

By Nate on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 11:30 am:

maybe someone glued your hands together, cyst?

By semillama on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 07:50 pm:

http://www.angelfire.com/wi/semillama.html

or possibly w/out the ".html" bit, I can't remember. there are many photos of me not on the john.

Altho I may have violated the rule about not posting photos if you have the ugh on yer mug.

By cyst on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

that picture of you with subshine is really cute.

By cyst on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 08:54 pm:

and, in case anyone here didn't know, sarah is a total hottie. she sent me a few pictures. she has beautiful eyes and the gorgeous long blond hair I always wanted.

By R.C. on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 10:48 pm:

Sem -- pls. repost that URL. I tried it w/& w/out the html, but it wdn't come up.

By cyst on Monday, January 10, 2000 - 11:54 pm:

By Gee on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 12:53 am:

he's really cute when he's not on the toilet.

Semillama, you like Tom Green or is that just your address? One time he was on Open Mike with Mike Bullard (canadian talk show) and he dropped a dead raccoon (I Think it was a raccoon) on Mike's desk. Not a stuffed one - a real dead animal. Mike finished the interview calmly and when the commercial came he went out back and threw up in the parking lot. it was freaky.

Mike was decent, though. He still invited him back for another time. I think he's been on the show about five times.

By cyst on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:11 am:

gee, do you ever go to bed before 1?

By heather on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:43 am:

i found out who tom green is this holiday

also found out that all that's on mtv now is this brittany whoever and the boy group equivalent type stuff. (yuck)

also- ifc = crack

(i don't have a tv here, can you tell?)

By cyst on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 10:09 am:

saturday I saw a band whose singer was from brittany. I'd met him before; he works with the boy. he doesn't speak the native language of brittany (what the hell is that called, breton?), hardly anyone does anymore.

(VELCRO, PAPILLON, THE SENSUALISTS, HELENE RENAUT
    Messieurs et mesdemoiselles! Vôtre attention, s'il vous plaît! Laissez-nous introduire: Papillon! Whether you chalk it up to the proliferation of Euro-kitsch, the inexplicable popularity of Air, or the name-dropping ubiquity of Serge Gainsbourg, Francophilia is in full bloom, and Portland's own Papillon has come prepared to tickle noses (and ears) with Les Aquarelles, its new bouquet of sweet pop blossoms. Papillon sings en français for all but two songs on this debut CD, which is highlighted by the dewy vocal web stretched between sugar-tongued Brittany native Mikael Jehanno and backup crooner Kate Merril. Unfortunately, provided you haven't been Rip Van Winkling the last 30 years away, you won't find much new with which to fertilize your mind; Les Aquarelles is rooted in '60s pop, not the here-and-now. But, for the most part, Papillon grows a batch of sunny rock painted with the bright pastel tints hinted by the album's title (which translates as "watercolors"). Le <<rock français>> n'est pas mort! (JG)

Beulahland, 118 NE 28th Ave., 235-2794. 9 pm Saturday, Jan. 8. Free.)

then we went to a dyke club and danced to songs from the grease soundtrack. I'd never been there before. some of the women looked like really cute guys.

has anyone seen "run, lola, run"? is it worth $2?

By Markus on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 10:25 am:

It's probably worth $2, but not 2 hours of your life. Others here liked it more; see the Last Movie.... thread. Not a single character is sympathetic.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

cyst, read the thread about run lola run.....it's VERY worth $2

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

it's only 80 minutes long

By heather on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 04:05 pm:

it's worth $2

but it made me very tired

the concept of flashing bits of the people they contacted seemed pretty brilliant- although i suppose it could be some hackneyed thing that i never noticed before

By semillama on Tuesday, January 11, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

I agree, ifc IS Crack.

The guys i stayed with in Detroit had Digital Cable, which, if I ever pull a lame-ass stunt and am bedridden for the rest of my life, will be a requirement. For example: BET World Music Channell (lots of Foreign Jazz), MTV X (all hard rock videos), VH1 Classic Rock, and especially for me- Discovery Civilazation channell, which all anthro/archaeo - stuff. Perfect for hangover recovery.

By Gee on Wednesday, January 12, 2000 - 01:41 am:

Cyst - to answer your question: very rarely.

the wee hours are the only quiet ones in this house.

By Margret on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 11:42 am:

I have joined the list of people who have had dreams about Nate.

Friday night I fell asleep laying the wrong way on my bed.

I dreamed I was driving to visit Nate, and I had my old Honda Civic.

I also had a cell phone, which I was using to talk to Nate as I drove to visit him. He sounded excited to see me when I first took off.

I missed the turnoff for Springfield (in which state? dunno). I ended up having to back down the ramp for the North Utah exit (I didn't take the one for South Utah, thank god).

As soon as I took the Springfield exit, I just had to stay on it. I was meeting Nate and his girlfriend for dinner.

I showed up at the restaurant and they were nice, but it was tense. I could tell they'd just had (and were probably in sub-tones still having) one of those arguments you always have just before you're about to do something like go out to dinner with a stranger. I could tell she wanted him to bail on dinner because the fight was important, damn it, but he didn't want to, because why did she always have to start important fights just before they had a social engagement, damn it. I didn't have enough money for dinner, and in that atmosphere I was not about to let on. So I ordered iced tea and told them I'd stuffed myself with junk food on the trip. I was starving, and I wanted to just tell them please go home and finish your fight, but I didn't want that to be used as fight ammo for either of them. Then Cameron woke me up and told me it was bedtime, and to turn around and go back to sleep. So I did that.

Then LAST NIGHT I had a dream that one of the cats brought in a small, bedraggled, white, rodent looking thing, but I could tell by putting my hand over it (my hand told me it was Ursus bear...wierd bad science in my dreams) that it was a very very young bear, a preemie. I chased the cats away and wrapped it up warm and looked for a place to help it grow to health, and I worried about raising it with the cats so it wouldn't see them as a food source when it got big enough to munch them, and then I thought if I got it to believe it was a big mean cat I could move to coyote territory because the coyotes would have to be insane to fuck with cats that smelled like they lived with a bear.

Then the alarm went off.

By R.C. on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 11:45 pm:

Interpretation of the aforementioned Dream:

Margret will be pregnant within a year. The baby will be a son/whom she will name Bart. He will have an inexplicable fondness for honey & scratching his back against trees. He will always be tall for his age & rather hirsute.

On his 10th birthday/he will leave a note saying he is off to visit his Uncle Nate & hitchike to the hinterlands of California/where he will spend a month sleeping under Nate's front porch & catching fish w/his bare teeth in the river behind the house.

Nate's cats will take to him immediately. The bird will be a bit more standoffish. Bart will give Nate's reptile a heart attack by pretending to eat it for sport/but Nate will forgive him.

Nate will teach Bart to create subservise digital music/& drink tequila from a girl's belly button/& smoke hashish.

Bart will return home slightly hungover but unharmed/& hibernate for 3 mos.

He will then write a book about his adventure w/ Uncle Nate/which everyone will asume is fiction/but which will nonetheless make it to the top of the NY Times Bestsellers list/making Bart the youngest author to achieve such a milestone. A lucrative deal for an animated t.v. show will follow. Nate will be signed to do his character's voiceovers/thus unleashing his latent talents for strange vocal caricatures. He will abandon the computer biz to work fulltime as a voiceover artist/be notorious for showing up for work in his pyjamas & being high 24-7. He will become quite rich & will eventually erect a huge sign on his rooftop saying FUCK THE FRENCH! A cult will spring up around him as a result.

No one but Nate will ever believe Bart's book is true. But they'll both be laughing all the way to the bank.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact