I had a dream that Maggie told me that she didn't love me.

sorabji.com: Dreamland: I had a dream that Maggie told me that she didn't love me.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Friday, January 14, 2000 - 04:40 pm:

That's all I remember.

By Gee on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 02:42 am:

what's the word in reality?

By Crawford on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 11:49 am:

She's still as frigid as ever.

By Spider on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 01:31 pm:

May I ask why you stay with her if you're not happy?

By agatha on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

good question. high school is so fucking complex. thank god it's over.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 05:20 pm:

PS. I doubt she's really frigid. She's probably just not comfortable. Which I don't think anyone would be if their boyfriend thought of them as frigid. So give her a break.

By semillama on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

You're both pretty young. She needs time, it sounds like.

By Crawford on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 07:46 pm:

I could have accepted the "uncomfortable" excuse or the "getting used to things" excuse a a while ago, but we've been going out for THREE MONTHS. I do believe that is enough time for her to "get used" to me.

By Crawford on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 08:14 pm:

And the reason I stay with her is because I like her. And she told me that she likes me. She just doesn't act like it. It's really annoying.

By Isolde on Saturday, January 15, 2000 - 11:01 pm:

Girls can be wierd, but I recommend talking to her about it. There may be some reason you never would have guesses behind her "frigidity."

By Gee on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 06:10 am:

what do you mean "get used to you"? How far have you gone? that's a really personal question, I'm just wondering if you think she's frigid because she won't sleep with you or something.

By Crawford on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 10:35 am:

Th farthest I have been is . . . (get ready for this one!) I put my arm around her. Once. She's not a "touchy" person. Sometimes she acts weird if I try to hold her hand.
    As for sex, we're fifteen (her) and sixteen (me). I think it would be ill-advised to have sex at such an early age, no matter what the trends are. Besides, I'm a Southern Baptist, and she's a Catholic (in fact she goes to church with (D) Angela J, from my other post).
    She just sends confusing signals. For example, once she gave me a note which contained this (and I quote)

"Days when I don't see you and I'm feeling depressed (like yesterday), all I want to do is see you and give you a hug. Sometimes I feel that's all I need to make my day."

Great! So you only want to hug me on the days in which we don't see each other? A fat lot of good that does both of us!

Also she doesn't talk to me all that much.

By Markus on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

Uh...I don't know if she's really your "girlfriend", per se, at least in her mind. She's not even a close friend, really, if she doesn't talk to you that much. I don't know if "frigid" is quite the right word, but the girl's got serious issues, with home life, maybe, who knows. It's sad, and unfortunate that she won't share with you about them; I think that would make her day even more than a hug.

I'm not saying she's screwed up because she won't have sex; I agree with your mature viewpoint on this. But the aversion to human contact, physical or emotional, isn't normal. And this is coming from a fairly private person who wasn't raised as a "touchy" person either.

I guess just be there for her, and don't expect too much from this relationship.

By J on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

Dump her Crawford.....you can do better,at least get a girl that will make out with you.

By Crawford on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

Well, I called Maggie up about five hours ago and it went a little something like this:

C: Hey
    M: Hey
    C: Sooo...
    M: How are you?
    C: Fine, fine . . . say, do you know what you'll be doing tomorrow and Tuesday?
    M: Well, Monday I'm going to the orthodontist, and I'm getting my restricted, but nothing else that I know of.
    C: Oh, okay. Watcha doin'?
    M: Watching "Grease"
    C: "Grace"?
    M: "Grease"
    C: Oh, yeah, I remember that movie. Well, Maggie...
    M: [in the background] Oh Shoot! [to me] Can I call you back?
    C: Fine. Bye.
    M: Bye.

Now, I don't doubt that she actually did have to go then, but that whole "conversation" seemed a little odd to me.

When I said that I remembered "Grease," I was thinking "I remember hating that awful movie."

By J on Sunday, January 16, 2000 - 11:11 pm:

Dump it.

By Isolde on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 01:46 am:

Thanks for the letter reference. It was really handy. And I agree with these people. Remove her from the "girlfriend" status. It sounds like you guys would be better off being friends or just people who nod in a friendly way when you pass each other in the halls. It sounds like she may have some issues. Better to let someone else tangle through them, when she's sorted them out a little more.

By Gee on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:34 am:

I really liked "Grease". Unless she meant "Grease 2", I didn't like that one so much. That one was on TV this afternoon, so maybe that's the one she meant.

Anyway, there might be something to what Markus said. I used to have a friend that I saw rarely, and spoke to even more rarely. We didn't call each other very often and we saw each other maybe once a month. but one time when I was out with him he refered to me as his girlfriend. he wasn't kidding, he really thought we were in a relationship. I have no idea where he got that idea since we hardly ever saw each other and we'd never kissed or anything, but there it was. Are you sure this girl is your Girlfriend?

By heather on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 03:21 am:

what does 'going out' mean?

did you talk in class once and say 'ya wanna go out' and she said 'yes' so now you're girlfriend/boyfriend?

once when i was 14, spending the afternoon at my best friend's house, we called this boy she knew (i had never met if i remember correctly) and somehow he ended up asking if i wanted to 'go out'. i said, 'where?' (how clever i was) but i guess then we were 'going out'. we met that day at the ice cream place where the boy she liked worked. the guy i was 'going out with' did kermit impressions and that was it. i'm pretty sure that was the extent of our 'going out'.

are you sure that you aren't also a little shy?

By cyst on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 09:53 am:

at my grade school, a girl and boy who were going out rarely spoke directly to each other. the girl would give messages for her girlfriends to pass to the boy's pals, even when the "going out" period lasted longer than recess.

By Nate on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 11:36 am:

if she doesn't make your fingers stinky, she's not your girlfriend.

By semillama on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 01:31 pm:

Goddamit Nate! Now I forgot what I was going to say!

By Nate on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 01:35 pm:

well it's true.

By Crawford on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

We spend time together, we just don't talk. We mostly sit.

By heather on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

not to mention my grandmother again, but that's how i spend time with her

why don't you just call each other friends? maybe then you could talk and get to know each other

By Nate on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:55 pm:

next time you're sitting, undo your belt.

By Spider on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 03:18 pm:

then casually lean over and handcuff her wrist to her chair. when she turns to you in puzzlement and rising panic, whisper into her ear, "oh i know you're going to like this." then bring out the ball gag.

*tsk*

No. Talk to her. Try to find out what's going on with her. Maybe...she just doesn't like you. Then you could suggest that the two of you stop seeing each other (nicely, of course). And DON'T call her frigid.

By Nate on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 03:22 pm:

call her icequeen.

when you sit with her, does she put her head on your shoulder? i like that.

By Spider on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

[Speaking of which, I just tried to look out the window and failed because all three sides are entirely covered with a thick layer of frost. Current temperature in Philadelphia is 21 degrees, -9 with wind chill, gusts up to 35 miles an hour. Very nice. It might snow on Thursday.]

By Markus on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 04:33 pm:

Current temp in Boston is -3 with -46 windchill. So stop already.

By Spider on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 04:36 pm:

I wasn't complaining. I like it cold. Boston's sounding like a good place to be right now. It recently snowed there, right?

By Isolde on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 05:47 pm:

Hmmm. I think it's about 50 degrees where I am. I'll just be quiet the next time I wake up in 32 degrees and think it's cold.

By Crawford on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 09:27 pm:

Usually I put my head on her shoulder.

By heather on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 09:34 pm:

windchill in Boston got to -57

they turned off the heat in this building (studio) at around ten. i was up all night pretending to work on this paper and it got insanely cold for indoors. i didn't want to go home because the walk would be worse.

By Isolde on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 09:52 pm:

Stop. You're making me cold. Please.

By agatha on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 09:59 pm:

nate, you are terrible. it's that point in the day where i wish my daughter would stop talking, just for a moment. just a little bit of quiet would be nice.

crawford, i say move on to the greener pastures. i would say that this relationship is too many head trips and not enough action. you should at least be able to have stimulating conversation with her, even if you get no nookie.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:20 am:

it rained this weekend in LA. the first real rain since.................since..........????.......fucked if I know, anyway, it has been ridiculously warm. I miss the cold. I like wearing my pea coat, scarf, gloves, hat....seeing my breath, coming in from the cold...warming up is a good thing, hot baths mean more......walking at night, you can almost "hear" the cold air rustle by.....i was reminded of that in Big Bear............we would take long walks at weird hours of the night, just to get out and walk the buzz off a bit before proceeding........you could look up, and not only see every star available, but hear the tops of those huge pines and see the tip tops rustle in the steady wind that runs at that height.......it's constant, yet you are below in realtively calm air. even when the wind kicks up, it feels good, I embrace it, it's a challenge, it reminds me that I am alive and I am at the mercy of the earth, I also think of those fat assed squirrels.....and how they must feel midway up those trees......they gotta be cold.....!!!!

spider seeing your descrip of frost on the window, made me nostaligic.......

By Nate on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 11:26 am:

it's raining like a motherfucker here. my new roof drips. MOTHAETERLEKAFLEFUCKER

my creek is fat and brown. i love this season.

agatha: do you think i'm wrong in my assumption that no one really listens to me when it comes to relational advice?

i've been finding lately that i'm wrong in some key assumptions regarding communication.

By Margret on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 11:42 am:

Nate, I memorize your advice and repeat it to others. I actually told the boy about the punch in the face demand it in the ass 1-2 combo. Now I tell him to "stick it in my ass" all the time.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:03 pm:

yeah, I was going to say, even though that advice wasn't directed to me, that phrase has had quite an impact in my household...

By Nate on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:13 pm:

hmm. i don't get enough people telling me to stick it in their ass.

damn.

but that particular piece of advise was somewhat unique in that it was fairly honest. if that makes sense.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:49 pm:

i never do either. In fact I have never succesfully stuck it in any one's ass either, but the implication makes me happy enough I think.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

that implies a lack of skill?

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

the implication of your $.50 phrase has nothing to do with skill. I think i would feel the same way as you if a woman said that to me.

and lack of skill doesn't seem to play a part in my own personal situation.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

i wouldn't say that nobody listens to your advice, but i would hope that they don't act on it. stinky fingers, feh. that's just nastay. i actually look forward to your little gems of advice, but thank god i'm not single and feeling the urge to try them out on anyone.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 01:46 pm:

good and nasty.

patrick: i thought you were talking about what your never sticking it in an ass implies.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

the implications, of the woman saying it.....thats HOT!

By Nate on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 01:57 pm:

gotcha

this thread always gets me humming rod stewart.

By J on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 02:01 pm:

Salami anyone?

By Isolde on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 06:07 pm:

People tend to listen to advice. Following it is another matter altogether. Sticky fingers or no.

By Moonunit on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 01:00 am:

noooooo not Rod Stewart.

when my mum was getting married she told me Rod Stewart was coming to be the wedding singer. I spent most of the night wondering why he didnt show. (hey i was six)

By J on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 09:27 am:

Back on task....cap her Crawford

By Crawford on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

she dumped me at 3:00 this afternoon.

By Rhiannon on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 06:42 pm:

How do you feel about that?

By Crawford on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

I don't care, really. I expected it. I feel . . . liberated . . .

By semillama on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 11:23 pm:

So, didja get yer nose wet?

By Isolde on Monday, January 31, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

You probably are. It sounds like your relationship definitions are issue ridden--but I'm being a little harsh. Ignore me.

By J on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 10:24 am:

No big loss is it hon? Now you can tell all your friends she let you put it up her ass.

By agatha on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 02:25 pm:

congratulations, crawford. now, go date someone fun for a change.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

and definitely follow J's advice.

actually, tell all your friends that she kept asking you to put it up her ass, but you didn't want to.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 1, 2000 - 06:46 pm:

Even after she punched you in the face.

By Crawford on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:15 pm:

well, after school yesterday, i did grab a girl's butt in the CVS across the street from the school. every wednesday and friday this girl wants me to walk her across the street so she can get picked up by her mom. her mom wasn't in the parking lot, so we went inside the CVS. her mom was in there, buying something. well, we're just standing there and she's saying things like "Will you buy a magazine for me? Will you steal a magazine for me?" Then I grabbed her rear best I could (she was wearing a bookbag). She looked real shocked and said "Excuse me? Excuse me?" while laughing. it seemed to me she didn't mind.
    that's the last time i do that, though. I don't want to get into trouble for sexual harassment.

By heather on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:22 pm:

no offense but it sounds like you hang around girls with issues

By Markus on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

The previous one, clearly, with a capital I. But I don't see anything in the above description to indicate that this one is neurotic.

By heather on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:28 pm:

'she's saying things like "Will you buy a magazine for me? Will you steal a magazine for me?"'

By Markus on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:32 pm:

She's in high school. Everyone then has issues, if not Issues.

Besides, I thought she was just joking around.

By Crawford on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:35 pm:

i think she was . . .

By heather on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:42 pm:

ok then

maybe i was just projecting

By Crawford on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 08:54 pm:

well, maybe i WOULD do it again if i knew for a fact that she didn't mind it.

By semillama on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:44 am:

Don't man! It's all a con job to get you to join her stolen magazine fencing ring!

Ok, I'll shut up now...

By moonit on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:53 am:

You'll make him paranoid.

By moonit on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:53 am:

You'll make him paranoid.

By J on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

Grab all you can..she likes it,she really really likes it.

By Crawford on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 05:37 pm:

Friday after school i stayed in front of the school with her. she was lightly stepping on my feet and poking my ribs, so I grabbed her yet again, this time in self-defense. after she left, a friend of mine said "hey, is katherine your girlfriend?" i said "Nope." his reply: "well, you were looking kind of cozy."

By semillama on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 07:08 pm:

My high school girlfriend decided we were going out without telling me first. Of course, she was pretty cute, and It was my first girlfriend, so i went along with it.

By heather on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 07:57 pm:

girls are crazy

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 08:36 pm:

Um, how about you find a girlfriend with whom you can converse and share things you like, rather than just grab and/or sit next to in silence?

By Crawford on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 09:49 pm:

well, i tried that once, last april. but she dumped me not more than 44 hours after she "asked me out." maybe later.

By Markus on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 09:57 pm:

Pay no attention to her, Crawford. The grabbing speaks for itself. And the silence? You'll be nostalgic for that soon enough.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 10:49 pm:

Kind of like the graffiti....
    Guys no matter how good she looks, someone else is tired of putting up with her bullshit.

By heather on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 12:09 am:

hey

enough of that

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 01:32 am:

Girls are really wierd.
    Perhaps you should avoid them altogether? That's what I did after the first few months of my freshman year, and I suffered no ill effects...(Relationships, not girls. My high schoo wasn't progressive enough to recognize AC/DC people.)

By semillama on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 02:06 am:

They didn't appreciate "For Those About to Rock?"

How about "Whole Lotta Rosie"?

*grin* i got what you meant, but you just can't pass up a good double entendre.

By Isolde on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 02:18 am:

I know, I know...
    The funny thing was, our school claimed to be progressive...but failed.

By Patrick on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

I've Got Big Balls, She's Got Big Balls....

By Nate on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 03:03 pm:

aintca=cdkaglea.

have you fucked her in the ass yet?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact